Poll

Is Rita Toxic

Yes
No
Yes - The most toxic card ever designed for IW

Author Topic: Game Discussion - Is Rita Toxic?  (Read 3621 times)

Offline OneTwo

• View Profile
Re: Game Discussion - Is Rita Toxic?
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2016, 12:43:20 PM »
Pardon me for asking what may seem like a potentially stupid question... but is it really THAT essential that token creatures go to the graveyard like real cards rather than simply being removed from the game when they die...?

That's actually a very interesting question, personally I wouldn't mind if tokens were just removed from the game once they are killed.

Depends on the definition of tokens :P

Wouldnt mind as well, if Aleta Traveler Cards are not considered as tokens. Or the Endless Hordes from the Cyber Infested Dragon, for example.

For Wall of Dead synergy, it might be interesting as well, if Necropolis/Reincarnation Engine tokens do vanish or not.

I think its easier, just to make a rule especially for Rita tokens, instead of all tokens.

Offline Kevkas

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2016, 04:54:30 PM »
I think we could consider a token 'any creature derived from another creature or ability that is deployed automatically or can be deployed from your Hand', such as those created from Rita (both), Splitter Robot, Heaven's Assistance, Caretaker of the Young, Call the Crusade.

Cyber Infested Dragon works differently because it injects creatures into the Graveyard, so those would be 'real' creatures instead of tokens.

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2016, 02:41:09 AM »
You would need to create a separate type of card called "token". This is a digital card game a card can definitely create another fully qualified card. The reason a lot of tokens are in card games is its harder to keep track of them  as in a physical card game.

We could do a rebalance on certain cards to make them disapear after hitting the graveyard.

Offline NatoPotato

• Guns don't kill people, ninjas kill people.
    • View Profile
    • CLICK ME
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2016, 02:56:47 AM »
Personally I'd classify 'token' as any character which you can only get via the effect of another card, eg the little characters Rita makes aren't actual cards you can find in the deckbuilder and put in your deck.

Rather than wasting space on the 'generator' card there could be a keyword for "if this would die it is removed from the game" and have it on the tokens.
This would also allow for a cards tokens to be changed from going to graveyard to being removed (or vice versa) without needing to update the text of the generator card.

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2016, 04:28:44 AM »
Personally I'd classify 'token' as any character which you can only get via the effect of another card, eg the little characters Rita makes aren't actual cards you can find in the deckbuilder and put in your deck.

Rather than wasting space on the 'generator' card there could be a keyword for "if this would die it is removed from the game" and have it on the tokens.
This would also allow for a cards tokens to be changed from going to graveyard to being removed (or vice versa) without needing to update the text of the generator card.

I disagree with this. There is no need for this to happen except for in a few special cases.

Also not hitting the graveyard before disappearing can cause some problems such as when counting deaths in programming. In MTG the rules state that tokens hit the graveyard before disappearing when killed to enable interactions with "enter graveyard" effects I feel it would be a good idea to preserve this.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 04:30:32 AM by Hiding »