Author Topic: Weekly Post #27: Rebellion Release Information  (Read 10332 times)

Offline DrewUniverse

• View Profile
Re: Weekly Post #27: Rebellion Release Information
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2016, 01:40:16 AM »
The Rare/Epic/Legendaries and Premiums seem to still drop at around the same rate on a per-pack basis which are the important ones in my opinion.

This is incorrect. Drop rates for Epic/Legendary cards were increased with the changeover to Penta-Packs. Previously almost every 15-card booster seemed to have 1 rare, whereas these days getting multiple epics or a legendary is substantially more common. Editing to add: I cannot reveal the exact rates, of course.

How are they 'at least as good as before in terms of content'? Packs may be half price now, but you get 5 cards instead of 15 like before (so a third of the old content, not half).

Pretty much what Nekrimah has said. With the 15-card booster pack we had an over-saturation of Common/Uncommon cards. The overall quality of a pack went up with the higher rare of Rare/Epic/Legendary to Uncommon/Common ratio. I'm one to prefer booster packs of 10-15 cards, but I came to understand the trade-off. I'd rather pay 3K IP for at least one rare, 4 C/UC and a decent chance for more than to pay over 5K IP for 14 C/UC and getting a rare 95% of the time. Most of the value comes with the reduced amount of C/UC cards and an increased chance for Epics/Legendaries/additional rares.

surely there are more cards that can be revealed to entice investment.

More reveals are coming pre-release, though I won't say how many.

Offline Rawonall

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2016, 01:41:52 AM »
In response to recent questions:

<...>

What about my question about the next ranked reset? 

Offline Roderick

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2016, 05:35:39 AM »
Throw some 5o'clock shadow on the lilariah alt art and I'll get it fo sho.
Honestly though, her face looks a bit manly is IW finally accepting cross dressers!?
That said Dressers are cool, you can throw clothes, books, and junk into them and they just spit out priceless relics from your childhood years later. Magic.

Offline DrewUniverse

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2016, 06:04:33 AM »
In response to recent questions:

<...>

What about my question about the next ranked reset? 

Yes, the next ranked reset is currently happening as planned at the end of the month.

Offline OneTwo

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2016, 07:03:25 AM »
Afaik its IWT 25.10.2016 and 7am.
Something went wrong? :P

Offline NatoPotato

• Guns don't kill people, ninjas kill people.
    • View Profile
    • CLICK ME
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2016, 07:52:35 AM »
I can see the preorders button but clicking it just shows a couple avatars to buy.

Offline DrewUniverse

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2016, 08:36:50 AM »

I can see the preorders button but clicking it just shows a couple avatars to buy.

This is intentional. We're currently updating the client with a hotfix, which is propagating. We're going to alert currently-online players to relog when we're done performing maintenance. Stay tuned!

@OneTwo That is the correct date, yes the 25th - aka today. We never said midnight, if that is what you are implying.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 08:39:12 AM by DrewUniverse »

Offline OneTwo

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2016, 10:04:15 AM »
@OneTwo That is the correct date, yes the 25th - aka today. We never said midnight, if that is what you are implying.

Yeah, wrong assumption.

It used to be that way, so i fell into that trap ;)

Offline keyranaway

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2016, 01:34:35 PM »
@drew
when you say "no chance for regular borders or gold borders" during oppression you were able to get golds as they overtook platinum are you 100% certain you are unable to get golds?

Offline mew28

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2016, 01:50:42 PM »
The Rare/Epic/Legendaries and Premiums seem to still drop at around the same rate on a per-pack basis which are the important ones in my opinion.

This is incorrect. Drop rates for Epic/Legendary cards were increased with the changeover to Penta-Packs. Previously almost every 15-card booster seemed to have 1 rare, whereas these days getting multiple epics or a legendary is substantially more common. Editing to add: I cannot reveal the exact rates, of course.
I would like to point out because you guys make the packs have one third the cards you would need to at least triple the drop rate to break even. So well you could substantially increase the drop rate of legendary however if it is less then 3* they are still rarer per a pack.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 02:12:13 PM by mew28 »

Offline drewmb10

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2016, 02:20:10 PM »
I would like to point out because you guys make the packs have one third the cards you would need to at least triple the drop rate to break even. So well you could substantially increase the drop rate of legendary however if it is less then 3* they are still rarer per a pack.

Nope. Simply by making the packs smaller with the guaranteed rare+ still in each pack, the penta-packs already have a higher concentration of legendaries compared to the booster packs. Add the increased drop rate on top of that, too. It's much easier now to get good cards.

Offline MerliniX

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2016, 03:46:08 PM »

Nope. Simply by making the packs smaller with the guaranteed rare+ still in each pack, the penta-packs already have a higher concentration of legendaries compared to the booster packs. Add the increased drop rate on top of that, too. It's much easier now to get good cards.

Mew is actually correct here. A legendary card has a chance to replace any one card in a pack. Since there are fewer cards per pack that a legendary can replace the odds need to be significantly higher to have an actual increase in the legendary drop rate. The only rarity that is intrinsically guaranteed to have a higher drop rate by the new pack structure is rare cards. Epics and legendaries would need to have an appropriate increase in their drop rates structured into the code (which may or may not have happened I truly have no idea, but if LM says the rate is up then short of someone opening 1000 packs and recording data we pretty much have to go with it).

Offline Adorabear

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2016, 12:44:36 AM »
@drew
when you say "no chance for regular borders or gold borders" during oppression you were able to get golds as they overtook platinum are you 100% certain you are unable to get golds?

I dont think thats true Key
Goose got me loose!

Offline Roderick

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2016, 02:16:35 AM »

Mew is actually correct here. A legendary card has a chance to replace any one card in a pack. Since there are fewer cards per pack that a legendary can replace the odds need to be significantly higher to have an actual increase in the legendary drop rate. The only rarity that is intrinsically guaranteed to have a higher drop rate by the new pack structure is rare cards. Epics and legendaries would need to have an appropriate increase in their drop rates structured into the code (which may or may not have happened I truly have no idea, but if LM says the rate is up then short of someone opening 1000 packs and recording data we pretty much have to go with it).
This would be true if the drop rate was based on the cards.
But that's not how it works. It's based on the packs, you'll have a much higher chance per pack these days to get epics+ or an additional rare.
In other words, we're getting more rares/epics/legendaries and fewer commons/uncommons.
Nothing more, nothing less.

Offline Laginlimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2016, 05:35:27 AM »
Regarding these 2 rules:

"** If you buy a bundle, you must purchase with 100% LP or 100% IP - you cannot split the currency per purchase.
** We will support pack bundle merging. For example, if you bought a 5-pack bundle because it's all you could afford at the time but then you end up being able to buy another 5-pack, you can contact us. We can swap out the individual bundles for one larger bundle if the amount of packs you have is sufficient. The contact method is being decided on in today's meeting (Tuesday). "

Are we allowed to buy, say, a 25 pack with IP, and a 25 pack with LP, then ask for them to be combined to form a 50 pack?