Author Topic: Weekly Post #27: Rebellion Release Information  (Read 11071 times)

Offline DrewUniverse

• View Profile
Weekly Post #27: Rebellion Release Information
« on: October 21, 2016, 09:20:08 PM »

The next set release is coming up! That’s about a hundred new cards to refresh the metagame at long last. New ways to play, new uses for older cards, and new meta decklists! The Rebellion set is shaping up. With card balance and early preview waves, players have been enjoying such new cards as Diseased Brute and Taiga, Apprentice Architect. We’ve also seen some great card art across the board, with popular picks including Morningstar Accelerator and Once Was Clean. The next release will be the full Rebellion card set, no additional waves at this point (although, internally we’re calling it Wave 4).

Rebellion Release Schedule:

October 25th - Preorders open to public
November 8th - Rebellion patch goes live.
November 11th - Preorders end at 11:59pm IWT
November 12th - Preorders closed, Wave 4 cards go live with Rebellion Penta-Packs

Rebellion Events

Countdown #1 - Rebellion Patch going live (November 7th/8th).

There will be a stream at our official Twitch page. Includes talk, giveaways and some gameplay on the stream before and after the patch is deployed. We’ll also be looking to feature some players. Have a new lore piece to share on the stream before you post it to the community? How about an IW-themed song? We probably won’t stream during all of server downtime, but we’ll come back some hours later on launch day to do more giveaways and community interaction.

Countdown #2 - Preorder packs unlock  (November 12, 12:01am IWT)

Same style as #1 above. There will also be a tournament themed in the style of Rebellion, beginning the next phase of the metagame. This one will be mostly for fun but prizes will be available; players will have several hours to do some pack openings before the event starts.

Pre-order Information

Rebellion set Penta-Packs will be available before launch, on October 25th. These Penta-Packs will contain only cards from the Rebellion set of cards, and every card in a preorder pack will have a Platinum border - no chance for regular borders or gold borders. Foil is of course possible, so this is the only time “Platfoils” will be available. Keep in mind that these preorder packs are meant to be bought early, but cannot be opened until November 12th. After this date, the pre-order packs cannot be bought ever again. From November 12th and onward, Regular Rebellion Penta-Packs will be available in the store. They may come in regular, gold, foil, or gold-foil; but not Platinum.

Community stretch goals will return, using the same format as with the Oppression set pre-orders. There are bonuses for both individual purchase, and for community purchases as a whole. Every player who buys at least one (1) pre-order pack, will receive all stretch goal rewards that are achieved by the community.

Here are the tiers and rewards for individual accounts:
Note: additional art content will be provided as soon as it is available.

5-Pack: Unique Title - The Rebel

10-Pack: Above bonuses, plus Unique Avatar: Rebel Lilariah

25-pack: Above bonuses, plus Unique Card Back: Balance

50-pack: Above bonuses, plus Unique Alt-Art card "Lilariah, The Rebel" (New card, different attributes)

100-pack: Above bonuses, plus Unique Deck Effect. (A preview will be shown as soon as it is available)

Essential Information:

** All Pre-order Packs, regardless of bundle size, will contain cards with a Platinum border
** Price per pack: 150 LP -or- 3,000 IP.
**All rewards are soulbound, except for alt-art Lilariah.
** If you buy a bundle, you must purchase with 100% LP or 100% IP - you cannot split the currency per purchase.
** We will support pack bundle merging. For example, if you bought a 5-pack bundle because it's all you could afford at the time but then you end up being able to buy another 5-pack, you can contact us. We can swap out the individual bundles for one larger bundle if the amount of packs you have is sufficient. The contact method is being decided on in today's meeting (Tuesday).

Community Stretch Goals

These items are unlocked by aggregating all purchases made by the community. When a milestone is reached, all players who have bought 1 or more Pre-order Rebellion Penta-Packs will benefit from all milestones the community unlocks. For each tier reached, all previous tier bonuses are included as well.

Tier 1: Avatar - Warmaster

Tier 2: Card Back - Unity

Tier 3: Alt-Art card "Time For Fun"

Tier 4: Avatar - Sentinel

Tier 5: Card Back - Rebellion

Tier 6: Alt-Art card "Pacify"

**All rewards are soulbound.

To close, I'll reveal a new card art from the Rebellion set.
This one is called "Acquire."

« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 01:28:27 AM by DrewUniverse »

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
Re: Weekly Post #27: Rebellion Release Information
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2016, 09:35:46 PM »
In the past people were able to combine purchased packs (ie, if I bought a 50 pack for IP and a 50 pack for LP, I would be able to combine it into a 100 pack). Is that still a thing?

I can read, I swear.

Better question: Will the 100-pack include 2 Alt Art Lilariahs, or just 1?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 09:40:40 PM by Benionin »
Resident LoreNinja, Tavern-Ninja
Gao Han or Gao Home!
Into the Fray, a novel of Infinity Wars
Weekly Storywriting Stream

Offline Grinnin_Gin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2016, 09:52:14 PM »
Really upset to see AA tradable cards being held at the 50 park mark instead of the 25 mark like they were previously. The AA deck reward being at 100 packs is pretty insane as well.

Also if these AA Lilariahs are not tradable (Drew was not able to determine if the team was intending that or not), then there's a gigantic issue with that.

Offline DrewUniverse

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2016, 09:58:34 PM »
Just updated the post to reflect Alt-Art Lilariah may not be soulbound, and I will know from the team by Monday (currently not in the office).

Will the 100-pack include 2 Alt Art Lilariahs, or just 1?

Not to my knowledge, no. For Oppression release, Teremus indicated that a player would have to buy 2x of that pack bundle quantity to acquire 2x of an alt-art. Just to be sure I've forwarded your question anyway.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 10:00:46 PM by DrewUniverse »

Offline drewmb10

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2016, 11:25:11 PM »
Alt-art Lilariah:  10/10 body, sweet thigh fanny-pack, amazing background art, mightbeadudethough.

It's good to finally have some concrete news about this preorder. It's weird to think that in the 2+ years I've been playing this game, this is the first release I'll be participating in. Not sure where I was for the others...

Offline quangtit01

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2016, 12:42:57 AM »
I really hope we can combine - because at the current state I can only afford 2 * 50 packs...

Offline keyranaway

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2016, 12:45:47 AM »
I really hope we can combine - because at the current state I can only afford 2 * 50 packs...

you were able to combine last time so im pretty sure you can do it this time.

Offline kitsunexans

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2016, 12:51:10 AM »
Really upset to see AA tradable cards being held at the 50 park mark instead of the 25 mark like they were previously. The AA deck reward being at 100 packs is pretty insane as well.

Also if these AA Lilariahs are not tradable (Drew was not able to determine if the team was intending that or not), then there's a gigantic issue with that.

Well the ip gain per match is up. Cost per a pack is down.  There are alot more ip boosts around.  Higher density of rare above cards for same number of cards.  The economy is in a very different place from the all the other set releases.  I'm not sure if this is a worse or better deal than other preorders need to think on it some more. 

At least im ready to grab 100 packs :).

Offline Rawonall

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2016, 02:29:42 AM »
Ranked Reset Reminder

We wish to keep testing the one-month reset duration for another 1-3 months before considering other season durations (such as 3-month, by expansion, etc). We have noticed the pros and cons offered by various community members, and will revisit this topic after we have tested the 1-month reset format a bit more.

Given the lack of news about october's ranked reset, I assume the last known infos are still valid and we can expect a reset happening on Oct ,31 at 23:59 IWT, am I right?

Offline Adorabear

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2016, 03:23:23 AM »
All the card backs are awesome and all the avatars are terrible :P how did that happen lol. Anyway looks like a good plan. Rolling out sooner than I expected which is welcome news :) Looking forward to preordering!
Goose got me loose!

Offline Adorabear

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2016, 03:29:02 AM »

I dont think theres any issue with that at all. Packs are nearly half the price that they used to be lol not insane in the slightest.
Goose got me loose!

Offline Adorabear

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2016, 03:49:59 AM »
I has a question

If you give someone 100 pre-order packs who gets the alt art bonuses, the person who brought the packs or the person who received the packs?
Goose got me loose!

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2016, 05:12:19 AM »
damm that lilariah alt art is fabulous. I think this one is the best one yet.

Offline Kevkas

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2016, 09:09:18 PM »
Drew, please ask the team if the alt arts will be platinum, and also if those arts will be available ever again (these two things have caused issues in the past, so better ask them at this point).

Offline Wayfinder1026

• Anime Freak
    • View Profile
    • Wattpad Profile
*No one's noticed i'm a madman*