Author Topic: Pod 2--Warpath--In Character  (Read 1547 times)

Offline sonicx110x4

• View Profile
Re: Pod 2--Warpath--In Character
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2017, 03:08:04 PM »
I agree about the defense part, swift hunter, as hidden by clouds is currently beign healed. The angels will have to regroup so our defense should be focused stopping the Flame Dawn.Security is important as always, and the monks are doing a great job defending, so we should continue having a good relationship with them.With that said, below is my budget

Resource Allocation:
Exploration: 2
Diplomacy: 4
Fortification: 5
Offense: 0
Recruitment: 3 (+1)
Research: 0
Security: 2

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2017, 04:44:19 AM »
TURN 9

The Caretaker looked around. "I have returned from the south-central isthmus," she said gravely. "We are hard-pressed by the Flame Dawn's knights. Eight times they launched an assault on the isthmus, and we were nearly overcome. It was bloody and bitter fighting, and I am requesting that further reinforcements be directed to the isthmus. We lost 200 assorted beasts and only thanks to renewed breeding do we have enough beasts to hold the isthmus--200, thankfully. If the Flame Dawn continues to escalate its assaults we will be assuredly overrun.

"The Many holding Solace's Gate have also augmented their numbers, rising to 200. They guard Hidden By Clouds' recovering form.

"The Mountain is still protected by the 400 Hulkers and 70 members of Skraar's line.

"The monks of Jinhai have sent even more soldiers to our side and await your command. Currently 750 of them hold the central-eastern isthmus with the 200 Vulpines, while 750 more help defend Solace's Gate. All four of our positions are heavily fortified and cannot be fortified further at this time."

The Swift Hunter stepped forward. "Thank you, Caretaker, for your news. My scouts have scoured the world and even delved into Solace in an attempt to locate a rumored rebel faction amongst the Overseers but were unable to find anything."

"That is most unfortunate," Sonic, the Caller of the Warpath, said. "However, I have news that our security teams have once again diligently countered two schemes of the Flame Dawn which sought to sabotage our operations."

"Hidden By Clouds will be ready to fight now," Aleta said. "Once more the world will tremble before his might."

"Right," Sonic nodded. "I suggest that we file our budgets by the 7th."
Resident LoreNinja, Tavern-Ninja
Gao Han or Gao Home!
Into the Fray, a novel of Infinity Wars
Weekly Storywriting Stream

Offline sonicx110x4

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2017, 03:47:06 PM »
The mountain has enough protection and has never been atacked so far, i suggest we move some of the troops to the south-central isthmus to defend from the flame dawn. Additionally, we will have most of the Jinhai go there as well. We will keep a strong defense there while Hidden by Clouds is destroying the angels. With that said i dont think we want any more of the Jinhai but we will keep beign friendly with the decendants.With that said, below is my budget

Resource Allocation:
Exploration: 0
Diplomacy: 2
Fortification: 0
Offense: 10(+1)
Recruitment: 2

Offline Number11

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2017, 06:58:06 AM »
We are going to need a strong offensive on Flame Dawn. Sometimes the best defense is offense. I'm still going to try to find the rebel to help us. Other than that I agree with your plan Sonic.

Resource Allocation:
Exploration: 4
Diplomacy: 1
Offense: 5
Recruitment: 3
Security: 3

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2017, 04:58:48 AM »
TURN 10

The Caller of the Warpath howled in welcome. "I bring news of our wars in the south, packleaders. The Flame Dawn's elite knights assaulted our defenses, defenses manned by our allies of jade. As in all of their assaults, the Flame Dawn's attack was brutal and hard-fought, but they were repelled with great losses--800 of their own knights littered the battlefield, alongside 800 of the warrior-monks of Jinhai.

"Personally taking command of the situation with the 400 Hulkers I had brought down from the Mountain, I led an assault upon the base of the golden knights. Our Hulkers roared into their defenses, scattering the puny humans and inflicting a further 700 casualties upon them, while only losing 150 of our own. In the aftermath of these defeats, the Flame Dawn has retreated through the Rift to the world they call Talich, which our forces now guard."

"Very well done, packleader," the Caretaker smiled. "You have cast the outsiders from our world, and will no doubt do so again should they dare to set foot upon this untamed soil."

The Swift Hunter spoke up. "Although we were still unable to locate any more than just rumors of a rebel faction amongst the angels, our security teams were once again able to halt a variety of sabotage attempts by the cowardly Overseers. They dared not attack Solace's Gate while Hidden By Clouds holds it.

"The dispositions of our packs is as follows:
Defending the Mountain, 70 of Skraar's mighty beasts.
Holding the Rift to Talich, 350 Hulkers
Defending the South-Central Isthmus, 400 Monks and 200 Assorted Beasts
Holding Solace's Gate, Hidden By Clouds, 250 Monks, and 200 of Many
Defending the Central-Eastern Isthmus, 200 Vulpines."

The Caretaker smiled. "Packleaders, you have my thanks. I will update you on your final turn shortly."
Gao Han or Gao Home!

Offline Number11

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2017, 03:23:00 PM »
Now that we have driven out the Flame Dawn and the Overseers, we can focus on finding the rebel and hope she has the means to seal the rift. I will go on an expedition with my scouting team to try to find her. Our defending forces should be able to keep things safe around the rifts and our security team now can monitor who comes in and out of our world through the rifts.

Resource Allocation:
Exploration: 11
Diplomacy: 3
Offense: 0
Recruitment: 0

Offline sonicx110x4

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2017, 04:07:35 PM »
I believe that we should focus on attacking the angels and eradicating them. The flame down will need time to regroup, so we should not worry about them. With that said, let us proceed.

Resource Allocation:
Exploration: 0
Diplomacy: 2
Offense: 10
Recruitment: 2
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 04:15:47 PM by sonicx110x4 »

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2017, 07:09:10 AM »
TURN 11

With the Flame Dawn cast back through the rifts whence they came and Solace's Gate seized, the time had come. The Swift Hunter's scouts poured into the overplane of Solace, searching for the rumored rebel whilst the Caller of the Warpath led the battle front, with the Hidden by Clouds as the vanguard. Beasts of the Untamed World and monks of Reish were invading the heavenly plane.

Solace was immense, with valleys, glens, lakes, rivers, and in the distance, the Overseers' training grounds, where angels were reformed, trained, and sent on missions to die only to reform again. The scoutbeasts' senses were thrown all awry by the strange world and they did their best to mark their trails as they explored, following twists and turns in the landscape while they sought the rebel conclave.

At the front of Sonic's army, angel skirmishers fought as they ran before the Warpath's might, their lightcasters searing into fur and flesh but failing to slow the packleaders' force. For every step forward Hidden by Clouds and the other beasts of the vanguard took, the Overseers were forced to wing backwards, conceding more and more ground. Many fell, their souls returning into stasis to await the day they reformed.

Aleta marched with the main force of the army, concern written across her face. If every Overseer that fell would merely reform, how could they win? If the immense overplane of Solace was filled with angels, why were they ceding ground so easily? Why wasn't there a more significant source of resistance? And then she realized: they were being lured in, lured into a battle and a war they could not win.

Not without the Rebel's help. The Swift Hunter's scouts, who had been looking for her for so long, finally found Lilariah that day. "Please, we need your help," the Swift Hunter said. "The Overseers betrayed us and hunted us down, but we cannot kill them forever. Help them become the protectors that they once were, so we can end this war."

Lilariah had smiled. "That is my goal. Where Sol brings oppression in the name of order, I will spread hope. Where he destroys and purifies, I will allow new life to take flight. It is time to end Sol's dogma. I will go with your forces to confront them."

And so Lilariah and her rebels joined the Warpath's army. As they approached the Overseers' central base, the resistance grew more intense. Multiple celestial dragons swarmed Hidden by Clouds, and even with Hulkers armed with bows the mighty beast eventually went down beneath their onslaught, though it downed three dragons in the process. The battle raged between the Warpath and the Overseers, with many falling on both sides.

Then, suddenly, a figure emerged from the melee, a lone angel with wings of black and white. Sol.

Seeing him, Lilariah charged, and soon they disappeared into the renewed flurry of the battle. As night fell in the overplane and the exhausted forces of both sides retreated, it was still unclear if there had been a victory--to the duel or to the battle.

Aleta, a caretaker once again, looked over the vast array of wounded. So many had fallen, and so many more were injured. It was impossible to tell how many beasts were still able-bodied and would be ready to fight the following day. One thing was certain: the Warpath would never give up, never surrender. And neither would Sol.

Thank you, Packleaders, for your efforts in revitalizing the Warpath.
Gao Han or Gao Home!