Author Topic: Pod 2--Warpath--In Character  (Read 1268 times)

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
Re: Pod 2--Warpath--In Character
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2016, 07:19:37 AM »
TURN 4

It was a quiet time for the Warpath, a time of preparation. But you could feel the tension in the air, the flames about to ignite, the storm about to break. Soon, it said. Soon.

"Unfortunately," the Prophet noted, "our relationship with the Warriors of Jade has begun to deteriorate. While they have not declared war on us yet, their position as a neutral power in this conflict may soon change."

"Hmmph," the Broodlord snorted. "We cannot trust them."

"Maybe so," the Swift Hunter replied. "My scouts have informed me that one of the Hidden by Clouds still walks the earth--perhaps research can be made into its recruitment?"

"A sound plan," Aleta nodded. "Broodlord, what is the status of the packs?"

"The Overseers attacked the Vulpine Pack at the isthmus between the central and eastern regions and were rebuffed. 200 angels were slain with only 50 Vulpines lost, and due to a surge in numbers that pack is now 250 strong.
"Skraar's proud lineage, located here at the Mountain, currently numbers 70 beasts.
"The Hulkers who provide the bulk of the defense of the Mountain have also expanded their numbers and are 400 strong.
"The pack guarding the isthmus between the southern and central regions is composed of 400 assorted beasts.
"The Many as One have arrived at the Mountain, numbering 500 mighty, willing beasts."

"It warms my heart to see our numbers regrow," Aleta said, a trace of a smile on her lips. "Caller of the Warpath, how go the defensive preparations?"

"The Mountain and the two isthmuses held by our packs are all now heavily fortified, providing a considerable defensive bonus to our beasts should they be attacked. At this time it is difficult to augment the fortifications further in these locations. If we are to construct further defenses, we must expand to new locations or establish new outposts."

"Aye," the Swift Hunter concurred. "I bring word of the deeds of the Overseers. They sent multiple saboteurs and spies in search of the Prophet's Mountain, but we were able to prevent them from gaining knowledge of our current location."

"We have grown much in these times," Aleta said proudly. She clenched her fist. "Soon the traitors will know our wrath. Packleaders, reassemble here on the 12th."
Resident LoreNinja, Tavern-Ninja
Gao Han or Gao Home!
Into the Fray, a novel of Infinity Wars
Weekly Storywriting Stream

Offline sonicx110x4

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2016, 03:54:03 PM »
I belive that our defense is strong enough for us to make some moves, brothers and sisters. First of all, i dont think that we should engage with mroe enemies such at the Decendants, i suggest we send some scouts to talk with them, surely they dont want war either but maybe the angels are offering them something. If we do not succed, we should at least leave some kind of defence at the rift to reish, hopefully the defense we have established and a few extra one of the manys will do, if someone thinks otherwise im happy to hear them out. As i said previously, we have a lot of troops, we should continue to expand them while also atacking the overseers, we have to take them down sooner or later. On another note, i think that recruiting Hidden by the clouds will also be very important, i say that we put some research into adding him to the pack, his strenght will be needed. With that said, below is my budget

Exploration: 1
Diplomacy: 3
Fortification: 1
Offense: 5
Recruitment: 2
Research: 3 (+1)
Security: 1

Offline Number11

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2016, 05:01:38 PM »
I think it is a good idea to keep peace with the Decendants. Lets keep on strengthening our forces. I will join my scouts for the search of Hidden by Clouds and I will try to recruit him. Also maintaining a tight security has help us in keeping saboteurs and spies at bay and I intend to keep it that way.

Resource Allocation:
Exploration: 4
Diplomacy: 1
Fortification: 0
Offense: 0
Recruitment: 4
Research: 2
Security: 5

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2016, 11:20:01 PM »
TURN 5

"I bring grave news," Aleta intoned. "Broodlord Prozac has been slain. He was inspecting the defenses at the isthmus between the south and the central regions of the continent when the humans of the Flame Dawn attacked. The Broodlord valiantly led the defense during the battle. The humans were vicious and brutal in their offensive, but thanks to Prozac's leadership the defenses were able to hold. Between the losses and the recruitment occurring under the Broodlord's guidance, the fifth pack has been reduced to only 350 assorted beasts."

You shook your heads in mourning. "My scouts have begun to track down the Hidden by Clouds," the Swift Hunter offered. "They are beginning to close in and tell me that they're about 20% of the way towards recruiting it to our cause. Moreover, my scouts followed the Flame Dawn warriors back towards their base. They have built a fortress at the Rift to Talich, although it is not yet heavily fortified."

Suddenly a new beast strode into the council's grove. "Caretaker," he said, kneeling. "The Prophet LargeNuggets has been slain."

You gasped in shock. "The Prophet, slain?" Sonic asked, taken aback.

The beast nodded. "I am Zinall, the Prophet's chosen successor. He was leading an assault on Solace's Gate itself. The Prophet took the Pack of Many with him in their swift attack, but they were rebuffed by the angels' defenses and suffered many losses before digging in to besiege the position. My apologies for my lateness; I only just arrived from the battlefield."

Aleta gestured for the beast to rise. "Prophet Zinall, thank you for joining this council. We have suffered many losses of late." Her eyes hardened. "They will not go unavenged."

"Thank you, Caretaker."

"I have been speaking with representatives from the Jade Warriors," Sonic said. "While relations between us are still strained, we were able to avoid an immediate war and I am certain that with more effort we can turn them into our allies."

"With the Broodlord slain," the Swift Hunter said, "it has fallen to me to keep track of our packs and their numbers. The first pack, the proud Vulpines, was attacked by the Overseers at the isthmus between the central and eastern regions of the continent. They sustained many losses but held their ground. Between the further breeding of this species--the last of their kind, it is to be noted--they are now only 200 strong.
"The second pack, of Skraar's mighty line, remains at the Mountain and is still 70 beasts strong.
"The third, the Hulkers who hold the Mountain's slopes, remain 400 strong.
"The fifth pack, holding the southern isthmus against the crimson knights, has fallen to only 350 assorted beasts."

"If I may," the Prophet Zinall cut in, "the sixth pack, those of Many, are now only 400 strong following the losses suffered during the assault on Solace's Gate."

"Thank you," Aleta said. "The angels' saboteurs have been hard at work, and our security teams were uncharacteristically inept in defending against their efforts. I have been informed that a portion of the defenses at the isthmus between the central and eastern regions has been destroyed, reducing the defensive advantage held by the Vulpines there (but not eliminating it). Likewise, I suspect that Overseers spies were able to discern of the Prophet's attack and prepare against it, leading to his death, although I cannot confirm this."

"These times have been hard," the Caller of the Warpath noted. "We must meet again soon. Let's return by the 26th with our budget proposals. Prophet Zinall, welcome to the council of packleaders."
Gao Han or Gao Home!

Offline zinall

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2016, 11:20:59 PM »
A high voice says  "Blood of the old world, I am the late prophet's most trusted confidant, Zinall Darkspan.I will be the most recent edition to this most wise council, Should i be accepted in the hole that the much beloved Karani has left. I understand the qualms the council may have about my inexperience, as such i will prove myself a capable prophet.

"With talk of going to war with the Overseers i suggest diverging our research to anti-air units, Hulking snipers are I would argue some of the better ones since they can eliminate primary threats on the battlefield. "

Exploration: 2
Diplomacy: 0
Fortification: 2
Recruitment: 3
Research: 7
Security: 2

« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 12:00:38 AM by zinall »

Offline sonicx110x4

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2016, 01:26:12 AM »
"While i do agree with zinall's proposal, i belive that the decendants can be allied and trusted and we should also atack Flame dawn's base so instead of fortification we should invest into atacking the new base to pervent further assaults. With that said, here is my budget"

Exploration:
Exploration: 0
Diplomacy: 4 (+1)
Fortification: 1
Offense: 4
Research:  3

Offline Number11

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2016, 01:39:44 PM »
Yes zinall with Hulking Snipers and Hidden by Clouds we can swat those pesky flyers. It is time we attack the fortress at the Rift to Talich. And we will try to ally with the decendants. I will keep up my work at recruiting Hidden by Clouds his contribution in the future would be invaluable.

Resource Allocation:
Exploration: 4
Diplomacy: 2
Offense: 3
Recruitment: 0
Research: 4
Security: 3

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2016, 01:55:23 AM »
TURN 6

Aleta was absent from the meeting of the packleaders, sent to personally speak with the Hidden by Clouds about its recruitment into the Warpath. In her stead, Sonic, the Caller of the Warpath, led the meeting.

"Packleaders, these are difficult times. Our forces besieging Solace's Gate began to fortify their position even as they were attacked by the treacherous angels. Much to the Overseers' dismay, the Many as One fought valiantly and threw them back. 200 Angels were slain while our own losses were negligible. Cries of 'For the Prophet!' resounded throughout the Calamity's crater. In the south, the pack holding the isthmus was attacked by the soldiers of the Flame Dawn. The battle was bitter, and once the attackers were driven off the pack sallied forth and began to assault the Empire's forward base. During a bloody battle, the pack was driven back to the Isthmus. 150 beasts were slain, but the Flame Dawn suffered heavy losses as well, losing 600 soldiers. Prophet Zinall, can you brief us on the diplomatic situation?"

"Of course, Caller," Zinall responded. "Fellow packleaders, we are now allied with the warriors of Jade, who call themselves the Descendants of the Dragon. They have chosen not to attack us and are willing to grant us passage through the rift to the dark land of Reish. With some more diplomatic prodding, they may even declare war on the angels and fight alongside us. Our attempts to negotiate with the Hidden by Clouds have proceeded well, and the Caretaker tells me that the mighty beast is 80% of the way to joining our side."

"Excellent," the Swift Hunter said. "My scouts have located the Flame Dawn's base near the Rift to the world of Talich. With further information we may be able to learn more about their defenses. The pack dispositions are as follows:
"The Vulpines hold the central-eastern isthmus and number 200
"Skraar's line rests at the Mountain and numbers 70
"The Hulkers defend the Mountain's slopes and number 400
"The pack defending the central-southern isthmus is composed of 300 assorted beasts following further efforts to grow their numbers.
"400 of the Many are currently besieging Solace's Gate in the Calamity Crater."

"Good work, everyone," Sonic said. "Let's get in our budgets before the 3rd."
Gao Han or Gao Home!

Offline Number11

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2016, 02:52:26 PM »
Im sure we will get Hidden by Clouds to our side. I wanted to add a little to our recruitment but we should stay our course.

Resource Allocation:
Exploration: 3
Offense: 3
Research: 3

Offline sonicx110x4

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2016, 03:06:54 PM »
I agree, hidden by clouds will be on our side by tomorrow. With the decendants on our side, theyshould be able to hold down the flame dawn while we get the angels, flame dawn's atack is nothing against the DoD's defense. Meanwhile we should continue our push on the solace gate. With that said, below is my budget

Resource Allocation:
Diplomacy: 4 (+1)
Offense: 4
Research: 2

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2016, 06:12:27 AM »
TURN 7

At this meeting, Aleta alone spoke. The Caretaker was determined, her voice flat, hard, and imperative.

"Packleaders, the battle against the Overseers still rages. The Many encamped outside of Solace's Gate were attacked, but they threw off their attackers with ease, leaving 200 angels dead. Then they sallied forth and assaulted the Gate, but due to the defenses the angels were able to repulse them. 200 more angels were slain in the process, but we lost 100 of our own. The Many fell back to their entrenched position and now number 350 thanks to additional recruits.

"At the south-central isthmus, the pack of assorted beasts was attacked by the knights of gold but repulsed them, leaving 200 slain without suffering any significant losses. Combined with recruitment, they now number 350 strong.

"At the central-eastern isthmus the Vulpines are now accompanied by auxiliaries sent by our allies amongst the Jade Warriors. They number 200 and have 500 monks accompanying them.

"Meanwhile, at the Mountain of the Prophet LargeNuggets (may he live on in our memories), the 70 Skraars and 400 Hulkers are now joined by the massive Hidden by Clouds, who will now allow us to recruit others of his kind.

"Although the Overseers attempted to sabotage us, they failed to do so thanks to the efforts of our security packs." Her voice softened. "I am sorry for the lateness of this meeting, packleaders, and the abruptness of the next, but please be prepared to return by the 17th."
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 07:00:30 AM by Benionin »
Gao Han or Gao Home!

Offline sonicx110x4

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2016, 04:11:33 PM »
"The time to strike the angels with the help of Hidden by Clouds. Because of the monks, our defenses will probably hold onto any atack and because of that, our objective is clear.Bellow is my budget"

Offense: 8
Recruitment: 3 (+1)
Research: 0

Offline Number11

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2016, 02:11:27 AM »
I agree Caller of the Warpath.

Resource Allocation:
Offense: 8

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2016, 09:59:22 PM »
TURN 8

The Caller of the Warpath beamed. "A great victory this week, packleaders."

"Tempered by losses," the Swift Hunter cut in. "The victories took their toll. In the south, the assorted beasts holding the isthmus against the Flame Dawn fought another bloody battle, with 100 lost on both sides. We've stepped up breeding measures there to compensate, but even so we were only able to maintain their numbers at 350 beasts. And before the attack, the Overseers assaulted the Many besieging Solace's Gate and slew 200, leaving only 150 of the Many to hold the now seized Gate."

"Nevertheless," Sonic replied, "Hidden By Clouds smashed through the Overseers' fortifications and brought down many of their elite angels, slaying 250 and forcing a retreat just before collapsing from his wounds. Although he did not fall, the Hidden By Clouds will be unable to fight next turn. We now hold Solace's Gate.

"Our diplomatic efforts have been similarly successful. The Jade Warriors who fight by our side now number 1000 ready men and women, far more trustworthy than the fickle knights of gold who even now assault our southern holdings and destroy the land."

"Agreed," the Swift Hunter said. "Our security teams prevented the Flame Dawn's commandos from sabotaging our efforts, and our forces are secure. The Mountain remains protected and hidden, guarded by the 400 Hulkers and 70 beasts of Skraar's proud lineage. The 200 Vulpines still hold the central-eastern isthmus. Though we have suffered losses this past week, we have been victorious."

The assembled packleaders roared. "For the Warpath!"

"Let's get our budgets in by the 31st," Sonic announced. "I have a good feeling about the future, packleaders."
Gao Han or Gao Home!

Offline Number11

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2016, 04:24:51 AM »
I have come across a rumor that a rebel is among the Overseers. It is my understanding that Overseers themselves may be able to seal the rifts. If we could get the rebel on our side then we could succeed in closing the rift at the calamities epicenter. Then the Overseers won't bother us no more. I believe we should seek out the rebel and bring tribal medicine to our Hidden By Clouds so that he may recover. Also we need to keep up our defenses for now.

Resource Allocation:
Exploration: 5
Diplomacy: 1
Fortification: 4