Author Topic: Community Research: What would improve the game for you?  (Read 4963 times)

Offline Zyhm

• View Profile
Re: Community Research: What would improve the game for you?
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2016, 07:16:21 PM »
Mobile client could bring in a lot of new players, if not, then just optimizing the current one to be faster, more stable, with updated UI and magical options like  ~Auto skip combat~  or  ~Disable animations~

Daily rewards are cool idea, but I feel like they should be rewarding cards. getting IP for them just feels lame and boring to me.

Make boosters victory based instead of time based. imagine if instead of 1 day booster it would be a 5 win booster awarding 1000 extra IP per win. people who are online all day already have tons of IP and even if they dont, a 3 day IP boost could still grant them extra 15k by just winning. however more casual players could still get the same extra IP by playing a few games every now and then and still have the same amount of IP support. this will also make winning so much more epic.
also make them stackable and give some indication if im using them tnx.

Match history. Just make it happen. if not for entire decks, you could at least how my and opponents commanders, how many turns did it take, what were the final health/morale values and possibly a screenshot of the final turn because I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT EVER HAS HAPPENED IN THE FINAL TURN because it loads a new window to award IP and to tell me who has won. speaking of what.
Award IP and claim victor while in game let people fiddle around the board and discuss what happened or what was missplayed or whatever, dont make me sit there waiting to load a new screen that i skip anyway and auto close the chat.

Make it spectatable.
I want to spectate my friends.
I want to spectate tournament games.
I want to spectate my self.

Market this game as too hard for casuals, the most complex TCG of all time, the game of mental plane or some sh!t like that. Sell the low player base as a sign that most are too dumb to ever play here, only you could ever face the ranks of infinity wars! Join now at the most elite TCG community!
And be like:"Good job for winning the puffy, you are really special and smart."
then throw them at ES or Invertedeye or someone like that.

good work on login screen, even tho i can still live an entire life, die and reincarnate to finally login, the additional information it now displays while logging in is awesome

weekly tournaments are awesome too, upload them somewhere please.

Offline tmoua805

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2016, 08:44:42 PM »
Three Things:

Spectator Mode

More Lore

Balance patches

Offline NorthernDruid

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2016, 03:22:40 AM »
More Lore and Lore made more accesible.

More starter packs, campaigns for all factions.

More tools for learning the game, for learning about the game in terms of strategy and predictions and basic deckbuilding (also basic draft strategies).

A more active community in terms of content, streaming, video guides etc. anything that makes it posible to get quality experiences of the game outside of playing.

A more active management, frequent news updates and such.

Other than that... *shrug* most of what's keeping me from getting invested is stuff that's hard rooted in the gameplay, like the simultaneous turns requiring a lot of prediction to succeed at. Which is difficult to learn, especially from scratch. Or the loose limits to card per deck making it harder to work around high-rarity cards not in the command Zone (or even low rarity cards that you don't have enough of yet). I also find it difficult to come up with interesting deck themes and/or have them work.

Offline Wayfinder1026

• Anime Freak
    • View Profile
    • Wattpad Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2016, 05:04:02 AM »
to improve the game we need new game modes like a real multiplayer mode.
*No one's noticed i'm a madman*

Offline Zyhm

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2016, 07:05:30 AM »
to improve the game we need new game modes like a real multiplayer mode.

there were a LOT of different game modes to play previously, they only split the community and made the Qtimes longer so everyone just shifted back to normal games.

for example https://youtu.be/N_ICoFH0LYM?t=1m45s

Offline NatoPotato

• Guns don't kill people, ninjas kill people.
    • View Profile
    • CLICK ME
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2016, 08:08:52 AM »
There's a lot of things that could or should change but I'd  want these 2 sooner rather than later.

1: A way to get rid of all the cards I don't want, whether it's crafting or forging or an auction house whatever, just let me get rid of stuff easily without needing to go trading.

2: Being able to save (and share) replays of games, I've had a few games where something awesome happened and I wished that I had been using a screen recorder at the time.

toon310

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2016, 02:12:39 PM »
1. A better game interface

2. Improved music !

3. A better trade interface

4. More game options : spectate mode ; 2vs 2 battle ; etc

5. A year competitive tournament

Offline keyranaway

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2016, 07:15:01 PM »
Three Things:

Spectator Mode

More Lore

Balance patches

Spectator Mode - No idea when this is happening probs not even in development.

More Lore - Join the Infinity wars discord and talk to Grinnnin_Gin or ben

Balance patches - After rebellion gets released the balance team is going to balance old cards to make them at least usable and not have like 70% of all cards useless.

Offline Coco992

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2016, 10:39:18 PM »
-A small gift for all present players when there is a major big bug moment -aka every patches for now- to apologies for the issues and to thank the playerbase to stick to the game and help to find those bugs at the same time. That way the bugs will be less frightening (and I don't like to play the Boonty Hunter,  but that's personal).

Frequent game updates.

An other way of releasing a new set - this release made me quit honestly.

Something to do with those enourmois number of commons.

It's annoying to open your average bad rare for the 10th time. (Magic duels has a system that works great, maybe IW should look at that)

Offline Roderick

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2016, 05:49:43 AM »
I'd like to see either frequent game updates, and/OR some livestreams of the devs working, occassionally asking questions etc. It's the appearance that matters, if the devs are silent and don't update frequently people will think the game is dieing.
Look at warframe, the updates don't always go the way people want. Sometimes it's a mess, and it's not my favorite game; But everyone knows the devs are constantly working on it. There's always a new livestream, giving out codes for exclusive stuff etc.
No matter how much I hate stream exclusive rewards, it gets people excited about the game, Heck even brawlhalla was able to do it to much success. Their game has stayed pretty much the same, but with small cosmetic updates and live streams with rewards They've kept their community following them, the hype just building with each update.

I don't get that feeling with IW; I'm really enjoying the set so far but there's not a lot of hype. Everyone's just so pessimistic, Everyone feels like the game's going to die, and honestly sometimes I feel that way too.
I don't know if the devs care, or if they're working on some big project, or even if they're planning this as a cash grab.
What I do know is that I don't get nearly as excited prior to launch as I should be.
The previews should grab my attention, I should be floored with the progress.
I'd lie if I said I didn't enjoy it, but this is just how I feel. I feel like there's something that can be done to increase my interest in the game. Something to grab ahold of that hype train.
I'm up for anything.
Edit; And the less barriers, the better. If I can watch a stream of the devs, or a twitch stream from ingame, I'll have more of a reason to be ingame rather than tabbing out, getting distracted etc.
The more functionality the game browser has, the more I'm going to stick with it, the more I'll be drawn into the game, and, atleast for me, the more I'd be willing to spend on it.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 05:51:47 AM by Roderick »

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2016, 12:11:30 PM »
I play the game in windowed mode so i can do other things at the same time unsure if related to post above

Offline Roderick

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2016, 02:54:53 AM »
LOBBIES!

Offline Dogeee [BoD]

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2016, 02:20:10 PM »
1 - the communication in between community and devs has to be improved (monthly posts and stuff)
2 - some serious advertising has to be done (not ayesha pt.2 pls  :P) in order to attract new players
3 - the goddamn poison lags gotta be fixed, it has been MONTHS now!!
4 - EMP grenade needs to be able to soft target, it has been...
5 - rift balance needs to be revisited (heavens assistance and tempus are commons now FFS, also there are many unplayable cards still implemented, void split and BF scavenger just to name two)
6 - some of the new cards need to be fixed too (angels bane, lost knight...)
7 - a forge system would be cool, but ONLY for lower rarity cards and soulbound ones in order to keep the trading market alive (actually i wouldnt use it but it would really help newbies i feel)
8 - spectator mode would be great, but rather low on my list

thats all for now, i got lots to add later i guess

on another note: this game still has so many serious problems, you gotta be jokin to say that lore is the most important thing to improve  :'(
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 02:23:15 PM by Dogeee [BoD] »

"this game is rock bottem" - mew28

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2016, 03:12:26 PM »
on another note: this game still has so many serious problems, you gotta be jokin to say that lore is the most important thing to improve

Ecliptix didn't ask what we thought was MOST important to improve, he asked "what would be something that would improve the state of Infinity Wars for you personally?" There are huge gaps in the lore that I personally would love to see filled. And he said our suggestion could be anything. Don't put down what other people would like to see from the game just because it's not as "important" as your own desires.
Resident LoreNinja, Tavern-Ninja
Gao Han or Gao Home!
Into the Fray, a novel of Infinity Wars
Weekly Storywriting Stream

Offline Grinnin_Gin

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2016, 04:49:03 PM »
What would improve IW for me?

More people who stick around, and a LOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT of balance improvements/changes.