Author Topic: Community Research: What would improve the game for you?  (Read 3969 times)

Offline Rawonall

• View Profile
Re: Community Research: What would improve the game for you?
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2016, 02:11:06 PM »
Support for sit & go tournaments.
A player signs up by paying a certain amount of IPs or LPs
When 8 players are registered, tournament starts. 3 rounds swiss, single game.
Entry fees, minus a small percentage (usually 10/15%) are awarded to top 4 players as prizes divided like 45% 1st place, 25 % 2nd, 15% 3rd and 4th.
First place also gets something more (could be a gold common+, a few rift run tickets etc.)

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2016, 02:14:20 PM »
also Mini-Ranked tournaments are also pretty easy to run on their own as well like Clash Royale does it.

idk what exactly they are called but they essentially run off elo like ranked does but on a smaller scale.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 07:14:36 PM by Hiding »

Offline largenuggets [BoD]

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2016, 04:45:27 PM »
Support for sit & go tournaments.
A player signs up by paying a certain amount of IPs or LPs
When 8 players are registered, tournament starts. 3 rounds swiss, single game.
Entry fees, minus a small percentage (usually 10/15%) are awarded to top 4 players as prizes divided like 45% 1st place, 25 % 2nd, 15% 3rd and 4th.
First place also gets something more (could be a gold common+, a few rift run tickets etc.)

This is actually a really cool idea for an integrated game feature. I'm going to bring it up to the team and see if we could maybe implement it later on because I think it would be really nifty to have a high risk high reward constructed game mode like this.

Offline Dogeee [BoD]

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2016, 05:30:40 PM »
on another note: this game still has so many serious problems, you gotta be jokin to say that lore is the most important thing to improve

Ecliptix didn't ask what we thought was MOST important to improve, he asked "what would be something that would improve the state of Infinity Wars for you personally?" There are huge gaps in the lore that I personally would love to see filled. And he said our suggestion could be anything. Don't put down what other people would like to see from the game just because it's not as "important" as your own desires.

i dont have the arrogance to have "desires" - i want things to be fixed. i want the game to be 100% playable before new content is added. i want things to work first, before new stuff is implemented. i want this game to survive. it will rather survive due to bug fixes and communication improvement than to lore. i guess y'all can agree on that  ::)
as for "putting down what other ppl would like to see", if this was in any way offending to anyone, i apologize hereby.   ::)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 05:33:49 PM by Dogeee [BoD] »

"this game is rock bottem" - mew28

Offline TameRlane

• Tournament Organizer
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2016, 09:36:55 PM »
How about an opportunity to reroll ONE of the daily missions once per day? as a new player i don't always have the cards needed for "the win with the purity ____" and a chance to mulligan one mission could be a great boon ( rather than losing 1000ip for simply not having enough cards.). im sure there are players that just don't like draft or ranked and the fixed deck mission at the beginning frustrates alot of potentially new players into ragequit. a reroll option could help players get the ip they need to play their way. 
MAY ALL YOUR PENTA PACKS HAVE LEGENDS AND MAY ALL YOUR RIFT RUNS BE REWARDING!
Author, Editor, Head Researcher, and Chief Interviewer of The IW Player's Profiles

Offline delusionsofhope

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2016, 10:01:06 AM »
+1 for Ranowall's suggestion

Some kind of cooperative/multiplayer functionality.  Wouldn't have to be much to start I know IW coding might make this kind of tricky but I have been and always will be a casual player first and foremost and this is one of the ways I grew up playing Magic the Gathering.

Spectator mode so when I come back to the game to start streaming again give me a good way to do tournaments and cast games.
Live, Laugh, Love and Enjoy a good game of Infinity Wars!

Offline Straw-Hat-Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2016, 09:28:54 PM »
on another note: this game still has so many serious problems, you gotta be jokin to say that lore is the most important thing to improve

Ecliptix didn't ask what we thought was MOST important to improve, he asked "what would be something that would improve the state of Infinity Wars for you personally?" There are huge gaps in the lore that I personally would love to see filled. And he said our suggestion could be anything. Don't put down what other people would like to see from the game just because it's not as "important" as your own desires.

i dont have the arrogance to have "desires" - i want things to be fixed. i want the game to be 100% playable before new content is added. i want things to work first, before new stuff is implemented. i want this game to survive. it will rather survive due to bug fixes and communication improvement than to lore. i guess y'all can agree on that  ::)
as for "putting down what other ppl would like to see", if this was in any way offending to anyone, i apologize hereby.   ::)

100% this... it still takes me like 20 crashes just to edit/make a deck, so sometimes I just don't even bother anymore to make new decks or even go into card library because not in the mood for constant restart ; after a couple crashes I just don't boot again. New content is of course all good and fun, but it it attracts people who only ragequit in weeks again because of buggy puffy all over, what's the point?

Offline zyrath

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2016, 11:46:15 AM »
more "+" size models

Offline belial12

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2016, 03:15:40 PM »
more lore, a in game faction system and 3-4 people multiplayer.

yeah I'm nuts.

Offline OneTwo

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2016, 03:30:36 PM »
Just a short question, to the "lore" aspect.

What do you guys exactly mean with more lore?

Usually i would expect from a game, to tell me the lore during the campaign, and with each new content/update there is a new chapter for storrytelling added. What i learn from campaign, should be extended by some informations on different cards. I dont learn in campaign, that there was a Calamity. So i dont see the point of having "lore" informations on the card itself.

I dont understand "more" lore, cause for me... there is 0 official lore right now. There is the FD guys going on a rampage, they see some rift and have no clue what it is, then some beasts appear and so on. You all know the campaign.

I think you all have to be more precise, if that what the game calls "lore" right now is what you need to expand, or if you rly want some high quality storytelling picking you up from the "creation of the multiverse" untill the here and now and filling all gaps between IW2013-Oppression release.

Offline suli

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2016, 11:33:42 PM »
More love for DoD as well as spectator mode.

Tnx

Offline Junker99

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2016, 04:42:08 AM »
LORE! My god I miss the old lore it's kinda still going in the art but I'd love to get the story that's one of the things that drew me here. I'd like the single player story to keep going and we're missing a few starter decks for some of the factions right now too. There was a longer detailed story once dealing with beyond where we are on the single player right now.

The re roll a single mission every day would be nice,