Author Topic: Pod 2--Warpath--Out of Character  (Read 1644 times)

Offline Number11

• View Profile
Re: Pod 2--Warpath--Out of Character
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2016, 03:58:15 PM »
I think we should wait with attacking the overseers until we have Hidden by Clouds. On the other hand I think we should attack the flame dawn. They are more offensive than defensive so it would be better to take the fight to them than to be on the receiving end. I think it would be a good idea to try to recrute the decendants.

Offline sonicx110x4

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2016, 07:29:48 PM »
I think so too, doing my budget later

Offline zinall

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2016, 08:10:09 PM »
My apologies for not posting sooner, but if we plan on attacking the Overseers i suggest researching something specialized in dealing with flying units , hulking snipers come to mind. I suggest a great effort in bolstering our forces, scouting key geographical locations and research precedence  the next few turns.

As for the other matter in which i am assigned precedence, diplomacy, I strongly suggest the sleepers. With several common foes and the ability to start researching infested hulkers i strongly suggest we form an alliance with them.

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2016, 09:44:06 PM »
For the purposes of this exercise, you cannot ally with the Sleepers. This is for a number of reasons:

1) You have no contact with them. Currently you're interacting with the Descendants of the Dragon, the Overseers, and the Flame Dawn.
2) The Sleepers aren't exactly the diplomatic kind. They overrun and assimilate.
3) At the time this game is set, even if the Sleepers have survived they are not present in any significant numbers. As such, you'll never encounter them and cannot ally with them.
Resident LoreNinja, Tavern-Ninja
Gao Han or Gao Home!
Into the Fray, a novel of Infinity Wars
Weekly Storywriting Stream

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2016, 09:52:40 PM »
Zinall, please post your budget so I can resolve the turn.
Gao Han or Gao Home!

Offline sonicx110x4

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2016, 04:05:57 PM »
rip pod?

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2016, 06:07:24 PM »
Sonic, I delayed the turn rollout because I was swamped with homework last week (I really shouldn't have rolled out the FD pod's turn instead of working on homework, to be honest) and also to allow Zinall to get in his budget. I'll roll out the next turn later tonight.
Gao Han or Gao Home!

Offline sonicx110x4

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2016, 10:37:12 AM »
I asked only because zinall hasnt replied yet so i was wondering what would happen

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2016, 07:01:18 AM »
Sorry to roll out the next turn so late, but it's now up. You now have Hidden By Clouds, and let me tell ya--his combat stats are insane!
Gao Han or Gao Home!

Offline sonicx110x4

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2016, 12:52:48 PM »
Nice, time to take out the angels

Offline Oreldir

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 25, 2016, 11:01:33 PM »
I would love to participate, if someone explains a little bit about the mechanics of the game

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 26, 2016, 05:22:55 PM »
Thanks for expressing interest, Oreldir. Although the Warpath Pod is nearing the end of the 10-turn "regulation time," you're still welcome to join in if you'd like to (the DoD pod, which you've also expressed interest in joining, needs just one more player to start up).

To play, first select a position on the council. In the Warpath, one of our previous players had the position of "Broodlord," and was in charge of recruitment: namely, which types of beasts the recruitment points went to. Zinall recently took up the position of Prophet, with Diplomatic and Research priority, but he hasn't played in the past few turns so while he hasn't officially dropped out that position is also open.
Regardless of your specialty, every player will submit a budget assigning resource allocations between Exploration, Diplomacy, Fortification, Offense, Recruitment, Industry, Research, and Security, though if you join the Warpath it's to be noted that the Warpath doesn't use the Industry budget. Along with your budget allocations, it's preferred (read: it makes it easier for me) that you include explanations of what those budget allocations are for. Those posts can be as detailed as some of the Flame Dawn pods early turns or as laconic as some of the Warpath's latest turns, but note that the more details you give me to work with the more I can do, especially in terms of writing up the weekly turns.

This might seem a little Byzantine, so I would recommend that you read through the records of the Warpath pod's in-character thread to get an idea of what you'd have to do.
Gao Han or Gao Home!

Offline Number11

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2017, 02:31:23 PM »
Hey Benionin how is the state of the Warpath pod, will we see turn 10 happening any time soon.

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2017, 06:44:10 PM »
Ah... right. I've announced on Discord (but not here, I should have done it here too, my bad) that the turn rollout was going to be delayed until today. You should see the next turn tonight.
Gao Han or Gao Home!

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2017, 04:19:05 PM »
Reposted from Discord:

Also, to everyone in here: next weekend I will be attending a gaming convention. On the one hand, I could try to do the budget rollouts normally. On the other, I could try to squeeze them in early, but that'll give you less time. As another alternative, I could delay the deadline until after I get back and then try to roll them out as the week progresses.

Also important: would you like to leave your pod open to revisit in the future?

When Aleta said to await further information on the last budget, this is what I was referring to: the somewhat indeterminate nature of next weekend's schedule.
Gao Han or Gao Home!