Author Topic: So, You Think You Can Run a Faction? Playtest Pod  (Read 702 times)

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
So, You Think You Can Run a Faction? Playtest Pod
« on: October 02, 2016, 06:45:05 PM »
This is a record of the playtest of my Faction-Administration Forum RPG. Names have been changed to protect the innocent culpable. Note that the playtest only lasted for 5 turns.

TURN 1

Benionin:
+++++++INCOMING TRANSMISSION+++++++
+++++++AUTHOR=OMNIMIND+++++++
+++++++RECIPIENTS=CLASSIFIED+++++++
+++++++SECURITY LEVEL=TOP SECRET+++++++

BEGIN MESSAGE

GENESIS INDUSTRIES RESOURCES ARE STRETCHED TO THEIR LIMIT BY WAR WITH OVERSEERS AND FLAME DAWN. FORMER PRESIDENT-CEO ORION HAS BEEN SLAIN BY THE ATTACKERS. IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT THE FIGHT AGAINST THE OPPRESSORS IS CONTINUED. INITIATING PROTOCOL 17-X-33-A...

OBJECTIVES:
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE: ENSURE SURVIVAL OF GENESIS INDUSTRIES
SECONDARY OBJECTIVE: DEFEAT OVERSEERS OF SOLACE
TERTIARY OBJECTIVES: DEFEAT FLAME DAWN EMPIRE, EXPLORE RIFT TO UNTAMED WORLD FOR MORE RESOURCES.

BRIEFING:

DIPLOMACY: AT WAR WITH OVERSEERS OF SOLACE AND FLAME DAWN
TERRITORY: INCURSIONS SUFFERED, LANSTEAD BESIEGED
AVAILABLE MILITARY UNITS:
--DEFENDING LANSTEAD: Two hundred engineers, Three hundred soldiers, One thousand combat robots
--DEFENDING NEON: Two hundred engineers, Five hundred soldiers, Two thousand combat robots.

REMEMBER: OUR RESEARCH BUDGET CAN BE USED TO CONSTRUCT AND UPGRADE OUR COMBAT ROBOTS.

+++++++END TRANSMISSION+++++++

Fiscal Month 1 Budget

++++Report from Joseph E. Billingforge++++
++++Subject: CFO Budget Upload++++
++++Recipients: Omnimind, Administrative Council ++++
++++Security Level: Top Secret++++

Good evening gentlemen,

Contained within is my upload to the Omnimind for the month’s budget, along with my commentary on the decisions.

With Lanstead besieged I don’t believe this is the time to be going on the offensive. As such exploration and our offensive capability are on the back burner while we ramp up our capability to go to war for real. In the mean time I hope we can hold Lanstead with a modest defense budget and some solid diplomatic action. If that works, great, but the goal is really just to buy time before we can desiege it ourselves. It is of course my job to figure out how to pay for our ventures, so I refuse to budge on our corporate security and our industrial capacity. Additionally our research capability is key to both our success in dealing with our enemies and our financial future.

Thanks guys,

Joseph E. Billingforge

Thought of the day: A penny saved is a penny earned.

BEGIN OMNIMIND DATA READ

EXPLORATION
DIPLOMACY
FORTIFICATION
OFFENSE
RECRUITMENT
INDUSTRY
RESEARCH
SECURITY

TOP SECRET COMPARTMENTALIZED: FINANCIAL DIRECTOR MANUAL OVERRIDE: +1 INDUSTRY

END OMNIMIND DATA READ

++++End Transmission++++

Fiscal Month 1 Budget

++++Report from ShamanExile "the Wrath" Ironarm++++
++++Subject: CMO Budget Upload++++

Good evening gentlemen,

Contained within is the data upload to the Omnimind for the month’s budget, along with rationale for each decision:

With Lanstead besieged and with Neon the last target, we must bolster our defenses at both, focusing 80% of our efforts on lifting the siege at Lanstead while not forsaking Neon. Exploration at this point is a waste of resources needed elsewhere (read: at Lanstead). Additionally, we have no need to launch counter-offensives until Lanstead is liberated. Recruitment is necessary in order for us to train more engineers to continue improving our industry complexes to churn out bigger and better machines and drones. Research is a Secondary Priority after OPERATION LANDSLIDE (liberation of Lanstead). At all costs we must maintain our security to sniff out and capture any treacherous spies, otherwise all will be for naught.

Thought of the day: Where would you die? HERE, or in a Jaeger?

BEGIN OMNIMIND DATA READ

EXPLORATION
DIPLOMACY
FORTIFICATION
OFFENSE
RECRUITMENT
INDUSTRY
RESEARCH
SECURITY

TOP SECRET COMPARTMENTALIZED: MILITARY

++++  OPEN COMMUNICATIONS CHANNEL  ++++
++++      BEGIN TRANSMISSION       ++++
++++       AUTHOR = REDACTED        ++++
++++ AUTHORIZATION_REALM = \BEARER ++++
++++     RECIPIENTS = OMNIMIND     ++++
++++   SECURITY_LEVEL = LEVELΩ     ++++

BEGIN MESSAGE

In our current predicament, I feel that exploring further would be a waste of valuable resources. Instead, we should focus on making jobs at home and abroad. It would serve as well to continue to fortify our defenses abroad and to continue to resupply them with current and new (read: Research) weapons and munitions. Who will work these new jobs you might ask? More employees, of course!

However, we would ultimately mitigate the amount of fighting/defending necessary by simply resolving our issues through peaceful means and as such, I recommend placing a heavy emphasis on our diplomatic efforts. In addition, I have been alerted to the possibility of espionage attempts against our agency and I recommend diverting some of our resources into investigating these security-related matters in a punctual manner. Our external operations are for naught if we fall to a threat from within.

Exploration   0
Diplomacy   4
Fortification   2
Offense   0
Recruitment   4
Industry   2
Research   2
Security   2

END MESSAGE

NOTE: FalconDX, our Head of the Research Department, failed to submit a budget report for the first turn, although he did include his allocations in a separate file.
Resident LoreNinja, Tavern-Ninja
Gao Han or Gao Home!
Into the Fray, a novel of Infinity Wars
Weekly Storywriting Stream

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
Re: So, You Think You Can Run a Faction? Playtest Pod
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2016, 06:45:16 PM »
TURN 2

​++++  OPEN COMMUNICATIONS CHANNEL  ++++
++++       AUTHOR = OMNIMIND       ++++
++++     RECIPIENTS = COUNCIL      ++++
++++  SECURITY LEVEL = TOP SECRET  ++++

BEGIN TRANSMISSION

In the past months the Genesis Industries Nation-Corporation has worked hard to stave off the tyrannical foe. Thanks to the brave efforts of our soldiers and the wise decisions of our councilmen, the Genesis Industries has continued to survive.

Progress Report:
Our diplomatic envoys to the Empire of the Flame Dawn have begun secret talks with the Flame Dawn's leadership. Significant progress has been made and it is possible that a ceasefire or peace agreement may, in time, be reached. Our engineers have fortified Lanstead against the enemy, granting our defenders a bonus against the Flame Dawn onslaught. Our recruiters have been successful in their drive, recruiting an additonal squadron of 100 Soldiers to defend Lanstead and another 100 to defend Neon. Thanks to our productive factories and the manipulation of funds by the Chief Financial Officer to our infrastructure, we have been able to meet the demands of the war in terms of munitions, materiel, and rations.

Security Report:
Security Officers committed a grave bumble in Neon, reacting too late to information and only arriving in time to witness the perpetrator, an Overseers Saboteur, flee the scene. While they gave chase, an explosion went off behind them, leveling one of our factories and causing a great deal of collateral damage. Due to the losses sustained and the costs of repairing the damage, there will be one fewer resource available for budget allocation in the following round. However, Security Officers in Lanstead report that they were able to foil another Overseers plot in the city, preventing the destruction of a portion of our defenses that would have granted the Flame Dawn soldiers a way into the city.

Battle Report:
The soldiers defending Lanstead are holding firm. The Flame Dawn launched a preliminary offensive but was driven back. Casualties: 100 Genesis Soldiers slain, 100 Combat Robots destroyed, 500 Flame Dawn Footmen slain. Neon suffered a surprise attack at the hands of the Overseers of Solace following their sabotage of the factory. Casualties: 200 Genesis Soldiers slain, 100 Combat Robots destroyed, 100 Overseers Soldiers slain.

Research Report:
Genesis Researchers made great strides recently, enhancing the weapons available to our soldiers and the systems on our combat robots. Additionally, work has begun on a top secret project, ID=DP16-119. Even though the initial designs are still in progress, this project may have an enormous impact on the war. It is a massive and difficult undertaking, but thanks to their excellent work our researchers project that DP16-119 is nearing 25% completion. As an additional note to the research department, please completely file the proper paperwork in the future.

Briefing:
Going into the next quarter, we have the following resources at our disposal:
15 Points for Budget allocation
Defending Lanstead: 200 Engineers, 300 Soldiers, 900 Combat Robots
Defending Neon: 200 Engineers, 400 Soldiers, 1900 Combat Robots

Objectives:
Primary Objective: Ensure the continued survival of Genesis Industries
     Corollary to Primary Objective: Defend the cities of Lanstead and Neon from attack
Secondary Objective: Defeat Overseers of Solace
     Corollary to Secondary Objective: Take control of the Rift to the Untamed World, preventing more Overseers from entering Talich
Tertiary Objectives: Defeat or make peace with Flame Dawn Empire, Explore Rift to Untamed World, Continue work on TOP SECRET PROJECT ID=DP16-119

END TRANSMISSION

Good evening gentlemen,

Contained within is the data upload to the Omnimind for the month’s budget, along with rationale for each decision:

The inexcusable failure in security warrants immediate bolstering and reform; as such, with the surprising diplomatic success with the Flame Dawn, we can reallocate 1 resource from fortification, focusing efforts on fortifying Neon ASAP against the surprise assault from the PIGEONS of Solace. Once again, offense (and likewise Exploration) is not yet an option, but will be once Neon has been secured. We must keep up recruiting, industry, and research levels in order to replace those we have lost. It has been a hard and trying month, but we shall persevere!

Thought of the day: Which cup contains the poison?

BEGIN OMNIMIND DATA READ

EXPLORATION
DIPLOMACY
FORTIFICATION
OFFENSE
RECRUITMENT
INDUSTRY
RESEARCH
SECURITY

++++       AUTHOR = REDACTED        ++++
++++     RECIPIENTS = OMNIMIND     ++++
++++   SECURITY_LEVEL = LEVELΩ     ++++

BEGIN MESSAGE

In our current predicament, I feel that exploring further would be a waste of valuable resources. Instead, we should focus on continuing to create jobs at home and abroad. It would serve us well to continue to fortify our defenses abroad and to continue to resupply them with current and new (read: Research) weapons and munitions. Who will work these new jobs you might ask? More employees, of course! Our recruiting efforts were effective last time so I maintain that we should continue their upkeep going forwards.

However, we would ultimately mitigate the amount of fighting/defending necessary by simply resolving our issues through peaceful means and as such, I am continuing to recommend placing a heavy emphasis on our diplomatic efforts. The news that it is possible that a ceasefire or peace agreement may, in time, be reached is fantastic and warms my heart. Oh joy, you do exist in these dark times!!

As for the results of our security report... all I can say is I told you so! I hope that we continue to bolster our security, since it is apparent that it is rather lacking. Our efforts are for naught if they are thwarted from within.

Exploration   0
Diplomacy   4
Fortification   2
Offense   0
Recruitment   3
Industry   2
Research   1
Security   3

Fiscal Month 2 Budget

Good evening gentlemen,

Contained within is my upload to the Omnimind for the month’s budget, along with my commentary on the decisions.

We've had a busy month. I'm proud of our security force's ability to halt an attack on Lanstead, but their failing on Neon has caused an issue. Its my belief that continuing on the diplomacy front while otherwise trying to maintain business as usual is the best course of action in ensuring the confidence of our shareholders. With a continued focus on research both allowing us to come out of this problem strongly if its solved with diplomacy, and if it is not can be used to end it more directly.

Thanks guys,

Joseph E. Billingforge

Thought of the day: Compound interest is the most powerful force in the universe.

BEGIN OMNIMIND DATA READ

EXPLORATION

DIPLOMACY

FORTIFICATION

OFFENSE

RECRUITMENT

INDUSTRY

RESEARCH

SECURITY

TOP SECRET COMPARTMENTALIZED: FINANCIAL DIRECTOR MANUAL OVERRIDE: +1 DIPLOMACY

Fiscal Month 2 Budget

++++Report from FalconDX++++

BEGIN OMNIMIND DATA READ

EXPLORATION

DIPLOMACY

FORTIFICATION

OFFENSE

RECRUITMENT

INDUSTRY

RESEARCH

SECURITY

Thanks Guy,
FalconDX
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 06:53:35 PM by Benionin »
Gao Han or Gao Home!

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2016, 06:45:26 PM »
TURN 3

​++++  OPEN COMMUNICATIONS CHANNEL  ++++

BEGIN TRANSMISSION

The past few months have been highly productive for Genesis Industries. The Nation-Corporation is stronger than ever and has recently achieved several successes.

Battle Report:
Lanstead was attacked by a massive force of Overseers and Flame Dawn soldiers, but our heroic soldiers fought them off with only minimal losses, exacting a grievous toll upon the enemy. Casualties: 100 Genesis Industries soldiers slain, 200 Combat Robots destroyed, 1500 Flame Dawn Aspirants slain, 100 Overseers Soldiers slain. This was a catastrophic defeat for the Flame Dawn Empire. Our capital of Neon was not attacked during this time.

Progress Report:
Following their crushing defeat at Lanstead, the Flame Dawn Empire agreed to a peace treaty and lifted the siege. The majority of their forces have been pulled back to the original border at Pyr, although they are maintaining a supply corridor towards the Rift to the Untamed World where they maintain a small base in cooperation with the Overseers of Solace. Neon has been successfully fortified against the enemy, granting our soldiers greater advantages in any further attacks. Given our recent military successes our recruiters have once again brought in more soldiers, with 200 more men and women volunteering to defend Neon. Although our factories have met the demands of war so far, they have been stretched to their limit recently. Further warfare on the current scale would be untenable, but the peace with the Flame Dawn is projected to reduce our military demands.

Security Report:
The cowardly Overseers of Solace have launched another round of sabotage attempts aimed at the heart of our territory. Following their previous blunder, security forces in Neon were able to stop a saboteur before any more harm could be done. However, in the midst of the fierce battle for Lanstead security forces missed a group of saboteurs who subsequently were able to damage our defenses there. Between the destruction of the battle and the efforts of the saboteurs, all major fortifications around Lanstead have been destroyed.

Research Report:
Research continues apace, with the weapons of our combat robots in Neon being upgraded and additional arms being created for our soldiers in Lanstead. No further progress has been made on DP16-119.

Briefing:
Going into the next quarter, we will have the following resources at our disposal:
16 points for budget distribution
Defending Lanstead: 200 Engineers, 200 Soldiers, 700 Combat Robots
Defending Neon: 200 Engineers, 600 Soldiers, 1900 Combat Robots

Objectives:
     Corollary to Primary Objective: Defend the cities of Lanstead and Neon from attack
     Corollary to Secondary Objective: Take control of the Rift to the Untamed World, preventing more Overseers from entering Talich
Tertiary Objectives: Explore Rift to Untamed World, Continue work on TOP SECRET PROJECT ID=DP16-119, Maintain peaceful relationship with the Flame Dawn Empire.

Please submit your budget proposals by the 13th of this month, forwarding any questions you may have to the Office of the Omnimind.

END TRANSMISSION

++++Subject: Quarterly Budget Proposal++++
++++Recipients: Omnimind, Administrative Council++++

Begin Transmission

Evening, most esteemed colleagues. After successfully countering the Flame Dawn invasion we must now look to protect our borders on two fronts. Rebuilding and continuing to fortify Lanstead (and thus Neon as well) requires continued fortification expenses as well as a strong continued diplomacy with the Fame Dawn. At the same time, with the Flame Dawn seeking alliances in the Untamed World and beyond we must take a vested and personal interest in who controls this portal in question. To this end I propose we divert funding to exploration and research to prepare ourselves for any threat that we may encounter through the Rift as well as continuing work on TOP SECRET PROJECT ID=DP16-119. nFinally, due to our minimal losses in our battle with the Flame Dawn, we have no immediate need to allocate funding towards recruitment. The rest of my proposed budget figures can be seen in detail below.

Furthermore, while the time may come to reallocate the defenses protecting Neon and Lanstead, these forces remain necessary where they are while the rebuilding of Lanstead occurs.

Best Regards,
FalconDX

Exploration: 2
Diplomacy: 3
Fortification: 4
Offense: 0
Recruitment: 1
Industry: 1
Research: 2
Security: 2

End Transmission

Congratulations! Our peace with the Flame Dawn Empire is something to be very excited about, fellow councilmen. During these times of relative peace, we can reallocate our funds into more... interesting uses; however, there are several things that we should prioritize first. I propose that we immediately restore the fallen defenses of Lanstead and slightly increase our factories' outputs so we can continue to wage war.

Once we resolve these domestic issues - we should take up arms and lay siege to the Rift to the Untamed World, preventing more Overseers from entering Talich. It is unlikely that the Overseers will expect our attacks, making this an ideal time to strike.

Exploration: 4
Diplomacy: 2 - to maintain relations with the Flame Dawn Empire
Fortification: 2
Offense: 4 - Taking control of the Rift to the Untamed World should be a priority
Recruitment: 0 - We have no immediate need to allocate funding towards recruitment
Industry: 2 - With the Flame Dawn's defeat, our military demands will be lessened. As such, we should be able to meet our demands going forward with only a slight increase in output
Research: 0 - DP16-119 can wait

NOTE: This message was sent secretly to the GM and was not revealed to the whole council until the turn resolved.

Good evening gentlemen,

The continuous failure of our security personnel to detect and prevent PIGEON infiltrators is absolutely unacceptable. As a result, additional efforts must be made in order to evaluate and improve training. If this trend persists, security personnel may be redeployed to more active and forward positions.

However, due to successful recruitment and research efforts, our forces are now succeeding not only on the battlefield but in the negotiating room.

Regrettably, Fortification efforts must remain at present levels in order for reconstruction to commence immediately.

Again, as we are tentatively beginning this peace deal with the Flame Dawn, the majority of our military efforts must remain defensive. It is not yet time to strike back at the PIGEONS of Solace. Yet those of you who have become stircrazy rejoice! Exploration efforts may tentatively begin.

Thought of the day: Which is more dangerous: the serpent you see or the two you don't?

BEGIN OMNIMIND DATA READ

EXPLORATION
DIPLOMACY
FORTIFICATION
OFFENSE
RECRUITMENT
INDUSTRY
RESEARCH
SECURITY

Fiscal Month 3 Budget

Good evening gentlemen,

Super excited to have reached a cease-fire with the FDE. It's thrilling to know we can resume business as usual, and to watch our market value on the rise once more. I think we must maintain our diplomatic overtures to the FDE for now until we are certain things have cooled off. In keeping with that theme, I believe maintaining our research is important both for profits, and to ensure victory in the case of a re-ignition of hostilities. As well as the inevitable assault on the Overseers. I am really flipping tired of these guerrilla attacks on our holding, and believe we must double down on our counter espionage before we focus on rebuilding else we just provide their network juicy high profile targets. To further that I believe we must dial back recruitment efforts slightly to be more selective in who we bring on board.

Thanks guys,

Joseph E. Billingforge

Thought of the day: While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.

BEGIN OMNIMIND DATA READ

EXPLORATION
DIPLOMACY
FORTIFICATION
OFFENSE
RECRUITMENT
INDUSTRY
RESEARCH
SECURITY

TOP SECRET COMPARTMENTALIZED: FINANCIAL DIRECTOR MANUAL OVERRIDE: +1 INDUSTRY
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 06:58:26 PM by Benionin »
Gao Han or Gao Home!

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2016, 06:45:34 PM »
Turn 4

BEGIN TRANSMISSION

The past month has been relatively peaceful in comparison with those preceding. Our artillery no longer sound day and night outside of Lanstead. Thanks to our peace treaty with the Flame Dawn Empire, business has boomed and our economy is once again on the rise. Our factories are once again able to meet the demands of the war effort in addition to supporting our economy. Trade relations have resumed with the Flame Dawn Empire and the Kingdom of Jittara.

Progress Report:
Diplomatic relations with the Flame Dawn remain positive. It is unlikely that they will attack us again in the near future. Our engineers were productive in rebuilding the defenses around Lanstead and the city is once again secure (+1 Defense bonus). Unfortunately, public enthusiasm for the war effort has waned in the past months and our recruiters failed to bring in any more soldiers. Our Researchers report further progress on DP16-119. Our engineers report that the project is approximately 50% complete.

Battle Report:
Our scouts were able to locate and gather some initial intelligence about the Rift to the Untamed World. Lines of supply have been plotted in the event of a future deployment. A small skirmish was launched, resulting in the death of 100 of our soldiers while the Overseers suffered minimal losses. Further scouting forays may provide more information regarding the amount and disposition of troops defending the Rift.

Security Report:
Our security forces were able to identify and capture two different Overseers agents before they could inflict any damage or collect any intel for the angels.

Briefing:
Going into the next quarter, the following resources are at our disposal:
Defending Lanstead: 200 Engineers, 200 Soldiers, 700 Combat Robots
Defending Neon: 200 Engineers, 200 Soldiers, 1400 Combat Robots
Near the Rift to the Untamed World: 300 Soldiers, 500 Combat Robots

Objectives:
Tertiary Objectives: Explore Rift to Untamed World, Continue work on TOP SECRET PROJECT ID=DP16-119, Maintain peaceful relationship with the Flame Dawn Empire.

Excellent work so far, councilmen. Remember to submit your budget proposals by the 20th of this month and to forward any questions to the Office of the Omnimind.

END TRANSMISSION

(Another secret budget submission from our Redacted player)

Fellow councilmen, I am disappointed by the losses we faced near the Rift to the Untamed World; however, we must continue pushing on to advance our goal, defeating the Overseers of Solace once and for all. It is with a heavy heart that I continue to recommend pursuing the war effort and taking up arms.

On a different note, I am glad to see that our defense have been restored and our security forces have been effective in stopping covert threats. I speak on behalf of the rest of the council when I say "Thank you for all of your efforts, citizens of Genesis Industries! If you are at all interested in lending a hand to our efforts, please contact the Office of Recruiting, they would be happy to help you find a role in our organization!"

In conclusion, Genesis Industries is on the up and up and I am excited to see what our future holds!

Exploration: 4
Diplomacy: 2 - To maintain relations with the Flame Dawn Empire
Offense: 2 - Taking control of the Rift to the Untamed World should be a priority
Recruitment: 2 - We should try and make up for our (tragic) losses
Industry: 2
Research: 0 - DP16-119 can wait

Fiscal Month 4 Budget

Good evening gentlemen,

Quiet month this time around. I'm thinking largely business as usual, though I would like to put eyes on the Rift area a little more. I would like to think as we settle we can spare some security resources for scouting so that's the only major plan I have for the month different than last. Excited to see what the R&D Nerds have for us in the coming months.

Thanks guys,

Joseph E. Billingforge

Thought of the day: Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen six, result happiness. Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pound ought and six, result misery.

BEGIN OMNIMIND DATA READ

EXPLORATION
DIPLOMACY
FORTIFICATION
OFFENSE
RECRUITMENT
INDUSTRY
RESEARCH
SECURITY

TOP SECRET COMPARTMENTALIZED: FINANCIAL DIRECTOR MANUAL OVERRIDE: +1 EXPLORATION

Fiscal Month 4 Budget

++++Report from ShamanExile "The Wrath" Ironarm++++

Good evening gentlemen,

IT IS TIME TO D-D-D-D-D-DUEL!! THE TIME HAS COME TO BEGIN PUSHING THE PIGEONS BACK INTO THE ABYSS FROM WHENCE THEY CAME! SPARE NO PIGEON'S MISERABLE EXISTANCE.

On the homefront, we must continue aggressive research stratagems in order to fully realize unique weapon potentials offered by SECRET PROJECT DP16-119. Industry must continue to ramp up production, specifically targeting the establishment of production lines for DP16-119. The end is near, my friends.

Thought of the Day: Burn it, burn it with fire!!

BEGIN OMNIMIND DATA READ

EXPLORATION
DIPLOMACY
FORTIFICATION
OFFENSE
RECRUITMENT
INDUSTRY
RESEARCH
SECURITY

++++Subject: Quarterly Budget Proposal++++
++++Recipients: Omnimind, Administrative Council++++

Begin Transmission

As I am pushed for time this will be brief. I propose a similar approach to last quarter, but with less emphasis on fortification and finally put a lot of our efforts in to Research. Aplogies for the short tramsmission, but alas, time can get the better of the best of us. Time will be the ultimate winner of this war, but I choose second place.

Best Regards,
FalconDX

Exploration: 2
Diplomacy: 3
Offense: 0
Recruitment: 1
Industry: 1
Research: 4

End Transmission

NOTE: FalconDX had become somewhat infamous for turning in late budgets by this point. Someone else quipped that when he chose second place to time, he really meant "last place."
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 07:04:30 PM by Benionin »
Gao Han or Gao Home!

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2016, 06:45:44 PM »
Turn 5

BEGIN TRANSMISSION

As we enter into the final month of our term, war plans have moved apace and Genesis Industries continues to thrive.

BATTLE REPORT:
Our soldiers continue to skirmish with the Overseers of Solace outside of the Rift to the Untamed World. Genesis losses: 100 Combat Mechs. Overseers losses: 50 angels. Our forces have made no headway in forcing the Overseers back through the Rift.

Security Report:
Security forces countered an attempted sabotage of Neon during a routine safety check this month. Unfortunately, spies for the Overseers poisoned the water supply of the forces near the Rift, leading to the death of 100 soldiers.

Progress Report:
Our scouts have uncovered detailed information about the Rift to the Untamed World, including troop placement and fortifications. ADVANCED COMBAT MODULE UNLOCKED. In another sign of excellent progress, the Flame Dawn Empire has, thanks to our diplomatic overtures, declared war upon the Overseers of Solace. On a less successful note, our engineers failed to make any progress fortifying Neon or in their research of DP 16-119. Our industrial output is meeting, for the time being, the demands of the war.

Recruitment Report:
Enthusiasm for the war has waned amongst the populace, leading to an all-time low of recruitment. Combined with recent defeats in the field, a number of soldiers have deserted their posts in Lanstead. This critical failure should not go unanswered. I expect a full briefing from the Chief of Human Resources in the future.

Briefing:
Going into our final quarter, the following resources are at your disposal:
Defending Lanstead: 100 Engineers, 100 Soldiers, 700 Combat Robots
Defending Neon: 200 Engineers, 200 Soldiers, 1400 Combat Robots
Near the Rift to the Untamed World: 200 Soldiers, 400 Combat Robots--REQUESTING REINFORCEMENT

Overseers defending the Rift: 950 Soldiers, 5 Champions

Please submit your budget proposals by the 17th of this month, and as always forward any questions to the Office of the Omnimind.
Note for the Chief Military Officer: Expect a meeting to conduct upcoming battles as soon as the budgets are submitted in full.

END TRANSMISSION

Good evening gentlemen,

LEE-Roy, JEN-KINS.

Thought of the day: And so, we shall go to war.

BEGIN OMNIMIND DATA READ

EXPLORATION
DIPLOMACY
FORTIFICATION
OFFENSE
RECRUITMENT
INDUSTRY
RESEARCH
SECURITY

(By our Redacted player)
I think ShamanExile is onto something here, finally someone gets what I was going for haha.

EXPLORATION - 0 - We know what's out there so... yeah
DIPLOMACY - 4 - We need to maintain our relations with the Flame Dawn as we're pitting our forces against the Overseers
FORTIFICATION - 1 - These should be upheld to avoid an undue backstabbing
OFFENSE - 8 - Bang Bang!!
RECRUITMENT - 1 - Moar troops plz
INDUSTRY - 1 - Let's not forgo this completely, we still need munitions
RESEARCH - 0
SECURITY - 1

Fiscal Month 5 Budget

Good evening gentlemen,

Disappointing month all around. R&D failed to make progress. HR's hiring schema has apparently puffy the bed. The General has gone mad. I however am left to make sense of the pieces. God forbid we mind our own goddamn business and turn a profit. You will have eyes and men General, and whatever Manufacturing and R&D can spare after we're in the black, but nothing else. I refuse to allow you to do this without trying diplomacy first however. You better hope one or the other wins because we're in the toilet otherwise. I expect someones resignation at the end of this. It might even be mine.

Screw you guys,

Joseph E. Billingforge

Thought of the day: Friendship and Money are like Oil and Water.

BEGIN OMNIMIND DATA READ

EXPLORATION
DIPLOMACY
FORTIFICATION
OFFENSE
RECRUITMENT
INDUSTRY
RESEARCH
SECURITY

TOP SECRET COMPARTMENTALIZED: FINANCIAL DIRECTOR MANUAL OVERRIDE: +1 EXPLORATION

++++Subject:  Budget Upload++++

Good evening gentlemen,

I agree. Attack. Research should be put on the back burner in favor of pushing the offensive. It's time. I've arranged my budget as best as possible for prioritizing attack while keeping us pushing forward as best as possible.

BEGIN OMNIMIND DATA READ

EXPLORATION
DIPLOMACY
FORTIFICATION
OFFENSE
RECRUITMENT
INDUSTRY
RESEARCH
SECURITY

TOP SECRET COMPARTMENTALIZED: Research

Note: Before the battle at the Rift, a number of troops were reallocated to the offensive.
Troop reallocations courtesy of our CHR:

Defending Neon: 100 Engineers, 100 Soldiers, 700 Combat Robots
Preparing to attack the Rift: 100 Engineers, 300 Soldiers, 1100 Combat Robots​
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 03:40:05 AM by Benionin »
Gao Han or Gao Home!

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2016, 07:10:27 PM »
​Final Turn Report

BEGIN TRANSMISSION

Greetings, Councilmen. As your tenure on the council draws to a close, we would do well to look back upon how far we have come in the past months. When you began, Genesis Industries was at siege and on the brink of destruction at the combined hands of the Flame Dawn and the Overseers of Solace. Since then Genesis Industries has driven the Overseers from Talich and forged a new peace with the Flame Dawn Empire.

DIPLOMATIC REPORT:
Our diplomats were able to secure 400 Auxiliary forces from the Flame Dawn Empire for our assault on the Rift to the Untamed World.

BATTLE REPORT:
After a long and bloody battle near the Rift, General Ironarm is pleased to announce that the Rift to the Untamed World is now under our control--at least Talich-side. During this battle both sides suffered many losses. Overseers casualties: 1800 angels. Flame Dawn casualties: 300 auxiliaries. Genesis Industries Casualties: 200 soldiers, 600 combat robots.

PROGRESS REPORT:
Our recruiters redoubled their efforts this month, managing to secure 200 new volunteers in the wake of the victory at the Rift in spite of the limited resources devoted to their department. Our researchers also note a success, projecting that Secret Project DP16-119, now being called the "Dragon Project," is nearing 75% completion. However, our industrial reserves have finally given out, failing to meet the demands of the war. Ammunition supplies are non-existent and spare parts for robot construction and repair are thoroughly depleted. Likewise, a food shortage has arisen. To prevent our populace from starving, future offensives will be put on hold while our industrial capacity gets back on its feet.

SECURITY REPORT:
Matters were made worse by the complete disregard of security during the present turn. Saboteurs were able to successfully destroy a number of factories and disrupt multiple supply lines. In addition, assassins managed to kill Tygris, a famed researcher who was nearing a new technological breakthrough that may have completely changed the course of the war. Given the crippling of our industry and supply lines, it is unlikely that our forces will be able to properly defend the Rift to the Untamed World in the event of a future attack of any substance.

A REVIEW OF OUR OBJECTIVES:
Objectives:
Primary Objective: Ensure the continued survival of Genesis Industries--SUCCESS
     Corollary to Primary Objective: Defend the cities of Lanstead and Neon from attack--SUCCESS
Secondary Objective: Defeat Overseers of Solace--PARTIAL SUCCESS
     Corollary to Secondary Objective: Take control of the Rift to the Untamed World, preventing more Overseers from entering Talich--SUCCESS
Tertiary Objectives: Defeat or make peace with Flame Dawn Empire--SUCCESS, Explore Rift to Untamed World--FAILURE, Continue work on TOP SECRET PROJECT ID=DP16-119--PARTIAL SUCCESS

Congratulations, Councilmen. You managed to save Genesis Industries from annihilation and, in a single month, bring it right back to the precipice. Please send in your closing briefings conveying any final thoughts on your tenure on the Council.

END TRANSMISSION
Gao Han or Gao Home!