Author Topic: Hotfix Update: September 20th, 2016  (Read 3053 times)

Offline DrewUniverse

• View Profile
Hotfix Update: September 20th, 2016
« on: September 22, 2016, 03:46:40 AM »
This game update is 100% bug fixes. Most players will be looking forward to the Deckbuilder fixes; several card interactions are also included. This is the first batch; another set of bug fixes should be on the way. It will either be later this month, or bundled into the next patch in early October.

• Apparition: Previously failed to copy-over specific traits of certain characters. Apparition now copies the traits of these cards properly: Verore Death Worshipper; Agent Coyle, Zomborg; Serennia, Champion of Life.
  • Xac now properly has the "Consume 2" trait, while transformed. Note: He may still have an error with character sacrifice, we'll list that for the next batch of bugfixes.
  • Super Infectious Zombie was failing to grant Infect to characters it killed in combat, on the the following turn while SIZ was still deployed. SIZ should now properly grant the Infect trait.
  • Fixed a bug where Evolving Parasite was not properly granting +2/0 to other characters in the assault zone, after copying and killing an enemy Bromich, Field Commander.
  • Uh oh! Demonic Reflection was improperly making the original target character a demon in addition to the copy made by Demonic Reflection. Silly Exiles, only the copy should have the Demon subtype!
  • Previously, Swift Strikes limited Tullio, the Duelist to two attacks when attacking alone. We have corrected this so that Swift Strikes now correctly adds one additional strike on top of Tullio's natural ability.
  • Fixed a specific effect of Evolving Parasite, where it failed to evolve/transform correctly when encountering several different types of cards. This probably reduces the number of buggy Evolving Parasite interactions from 1,673 down to 1,485 (imaginary guess)
  • Found and corrected an invalid link to our Privacy Policy web page.
  • Deckbuilder #1: To address memory leaking and frequent crashes, Infinity Wars will now use a sort of caching system. It will release the memory of previously viewed cards when you scroll over far enough. This should reduce or eliminate crashes in many cases.
  • Deckbuilder #2: The grey-cards display issue should now be corrected for all users. If anyone still encounters this issue please file a new bug report right away, with output log in case we need it.
  • Fixed a bug where Ixxi was not triggering Demonborn to gain +1/1.
  • Fixed a bug where Endless Horde cards in the graveyard were not properly granting +1/1 to deployed copies of Endless Horde.
  • Speaks With Wind is no longer disabled from play. A bug was fixed where it was working improperly when the card was deployed, and then that action was undone.
  • Fixed a bug where Morningstar Accelerator could be deployed, the action undone, and MA would still be on the battlefield with all five resources refunded. Morningstar Accelerator will also be re-enabled for play. Note: Spirit Guard has a similar issue, but will come in the next round of bug fixes.
  • Trade Window: Players should no longer encounter a buggy interaction where the rectangles representing cards overlapped, making it impossible to browse either player's collections or select any cards in them.
  • Mark of the Demon will no longer be extra-nice to Plaguebearers/Zombie Scavengers/etc. It will now properly give -4/4 to assorted Sleeper characters, and should work correctly on all other cards as well.

** It should be mentioned that we did identify the issue where draft wins/losses are not correctly being counted at times, but we don't have a solution just yet. With that said, it will rise up on the list of bug priorities.

**It should also be mentioned that the deckbuilder fixes we've implemented may not be foolproof, so if you still encounter deckbuilder-related crashes we are going to be seeking your output logs!

I don't have usernames in all possible bug reports, but this is a short-list of users I could identify from our worksheets. A thank-you to the community in general for your bug reports, including these players:

Omucupunga
EternaTea
ToxicShadow
Yxunomei77
Invisum
GustavoNuncho
Hacker
Zekses
Cragasaur
citi7en
Mezzkath

Edit: we just pushed out another hotfix at 7am IWT on Thursday, which should fix the huge issue where wins and losses were sometimes not being counted in various game modes; primarily draft.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 07:19:51 AM by DrewUniverse »

Offline ORISOLVE

• In the service of The Holy Roman Empire since 2016
    • View Profile
Re: Hotfix Update: September 20th, 2016
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2016, 03:58:58 AM »
All I read was "Evolving Parasite is bugged". I win. Case closed.  ;D
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 04:01:29 AM by ORISOLVE »
Where there's a will, there's a way.

Offline MerliniX

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2016, 04:05:39 AM »
Was the bug with the weekly posts fixed as well?

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2016, 05:35:01 AM »

Savage wizard is savage

Offline Pelagoth

• Sock Puppet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2016, 06:11:08 AM »
???

Sure it was. There are even two weekly posts. Your magic has blinded you.

Offline DrewUniverse

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2016, 07:18:03 AM »
We just got another little hotfix pushed out. The one just released should have fixed the issue where wins and losses were not being counted in draft.

Offline wooferdog

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2016, 07:48:30 AM »
Glad the software updates finally have some patch notes. I personally hate updates without notes on what has changed >:(

Offline IguanaMan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2016, 08:35:42 AM »
  • Deckbuilder #1: To address memory leaking and frequent crashes, Infinity Wars will now use a sort of caching system. It will release the memory of previously viewed cards when you scroll over far enough. This should reduce or eliminate crashes in many cases.
  • Trade Window: Players should no longer encounter a buggy interaction where the rectangles representing cards overlapped, making it impossible to browse either player's collections or select any cards in them.

Great news, esp these two.
"Seriously if we don't bug hunt they might end up a new faction!" - Junker99

Offline drewmb10

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2016, 10:20:49 AM »
Is it just me or has anyone else failed to see ixxi ever played when shuffled back into the deck? Out of all the times I've both played with and against the card, I've not once seen it played a second time. Surely that can't just be chance...

Edit: aaaaand 40 minutes later, it worked against me in draft. nevermind.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 11:03:21 AM by drewmb10 »

Offline avc145

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2016, 12:44:11 AM »
Drew, What about the bug of "Xi Who Honnors the Dead" losing flying that we talk earlier? Is it really a bug or is it intended?

Offline MerliniX

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2016, 01:20:42 AM »
Drew, What about the bug of "Xi Who Honnors the Dead" losing flying that we talk earlier? Is it really a bug or is it intended?

That's not a bug - it's how she honors the dead. It's really hard to do from up in the air.

Offline Kevkas

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2016, 04:17:21 AM »
Trade Window: Players should no longer encounter a buggy interaction where the rectangles representing cards overlapped, making it impossible to browse either player's collections or select any cards in them.

I truly hope this fix works, this puffying bug has been annoying traders since... forever.

Offline zekses

• Translator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2016, 01:58:10 PM »
Nope, launched the game, immediately encountered "no card art in deckbuilder" bug. No output log since I deleted game on reflex.

Offline Kevkas

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2016, 04:43:25 AM »
Deckbuilder #2: The grey-cards display issue should now be corrected for all users. If anyone still encounters this issue please file a new bug report right away, with output log in case we need it.

I'm still running into the deckbuilder problem which shows just the number of each card, but not their art or their premium types (I take that's what the quoted bugfix above is supposed to have address?).

Anyway, IF that was the bugfix (confirmation please?), I'll send a bug report or something.