Author Topic: Weekly Legit Post #25: Rebellion Wave 3 & more  (Read 8224 times)

Offline NTL

• If you think I'm wrong - think harder...
    • View Profile
Weekly Legit Post #25: Rebellion Wave 3 & more
« on: September 21, 2016, 09:49:23 AM »
My close friend DrewUniverse asked me to write weekly post in his stead, and since I am very nice guy I simply couldn't refuse such sincere request.
Some of you may be surprised, but all my negative comments about him were just a prank  ;)
He couldn't do it in time because of his real life, we shouldn't criticize him, he is human!

OK, back to topic:
Rebellion Wave 3

Some of those cards will be changed before going live, our glorious balanced team already presented changes to designers, we are in the process of implementation.

Daily Quests
YES! ... They are back!!

Unfortunately it will still take some time to test those, but fear not - our work is steady  :)

PREORDER info
We plan to launch on november, eventually in the beginning of december - but don't hold us to that timeframe  :D
Yes, all preorders get platinum borders, including the alternate arts.
Purchasing is available with IP or LP, although not both at the same time [You can’t buy a 25 pack with half LP and half IP].

Alternate arts:
DEMONIC DEMON                                  WINGED ANGEL

Pre-order rewards are not exclusive but they are extremely limited edition. At some point in the future they may be offered again - but don’t count on it.   

Get excited!

Any questions, feel free to ask  :)

« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 02:03:32 PM by NTL »

Offline toon310

• Translator
    • View Profile
Re: Weakly Post #25: Rebellion Wave 3 & more
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2016, 10:00:47 AM »
YES YES YES I'm so excited !  ;D

Offline wooferdog

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2016, 10:50:39 AM »
Is there a story to go with the alt-arts?

Offline InvertedEye

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2016, 11:02:50 AM »
Some of these cards will receive changes. I am under NDA so I can't tell you what changes. :-X

Offline xMatanX122

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2016, 11:25:08 AM »
Interesting cards, didnt think about them too much about them yet. Marina+Chef can be really annoying though and not so hard to get both. Although Marina will probably work with strong individual cards more than than swarming, which is the opposite if chef.
Disappointed there arent any dod oos combination but splashing factions always fit my taste

Offline Dogeee [BoD]

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2016, 11:38:37 AM »
hell i want that alt arts  ;D

"this game is rock bottem" - mew28

Offline drewmb10

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2016, 11:46:41 AM »
Daily quests... yessssssss. It's been far too long.

But the real question is how will Wave 3 be released? As a standalone pack?

Also... Viggo Mortensen guest appearance! Pretty cool you guys were able to get him to take a sword through the chest just for the artwork. RIP

Offline Wayfinder1026

• Anime Freak
    • View Profile
    • Wattpad Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2016, 11:49:27 AM »
Wow... these look amazing!

But gotta call bullpuffy on your opening paragraph. >.>
*No one's noticed i'm a madman*

Offline Rawonall

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2016, 12:43:40 PM »
I don't get Regicide at all.

Compare it to Death Ray:

Purity: Single verore vs Verore/OoS: Death ray is better (except for marginal uses as overcharge fodder with the new "purity matters" mechanic)
Same cost
Rarity: Epic (lol are we kidding?!?!) vs Uncommon
Effect: The same, a character is killed... although Death Ray has the upside of being able to hit any character  no matter when you draw it, while Regicide is able to kill untouchable characters and characters in support.
Commanders you want in support rather than in command zone are Taiga, Rita, Brings Life by Passing, Karani, Rubble Golem, Chef, Coyle Zomborg, Tygrugh and Tyra. Out of 9, 5 cost less than 3 so they will dodge Regicide.
Untouchable commanders are... Jubalia and Radariah (and Devil of Despair of course, who laughs at the face of "destroy" effects) ?

So, to recap, you will include Regicide in your deck because you think you'd be able to draw it before your opponent has played all his commanders meant to be deployed and you think that those commanders will either have untouchable or never hit the battlefield.

I think the card you wanted to create had either a cost of 1, or the following text:
"Destroy a deployed character at random among those who started the game in your opponent's command zone"

Offline InvertedEye

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2016, 12:53:36 PM »

Compare it to Death Ray:

Purity: Single verore vs Verore/OoS: Death ray is better (except for marginal uses as overcharge fodder with the new "purity matters" mechanic)
Same cost
Effect: The same, a character is killed... although Death Ray has the upside of being able to hit any character  no matter when you draw it, while Regicide is able to kill untouchable characters and characters in support.
Commanders you want in support rather than in command zone are Taiga, Rita, Brings Life by Passing, Karani, Rubble Golem, Chef, Coyle Zomborg, Tygrugh and Tyra. Out of 9, 5 cost less than 3 so they will dodge Regicide.
Untouchable commanders are... Jubalia and Radariah (and Devil of Despair of course, who laughs at the face of "destroy" effects) ?

So, to recap, you will include Regicide in your deck because you think you'd be able to draw it before your opponent has played all his commanders meant to be deployed and you think that those commanders will either have untouchable or never hit the battlefield.

I think the card you wanted to create had either a cost of 1, or the following text:
"Destroy a deployed character at random among those who started the game in your opponent's command zone"

Note my comment above. Some cards will receive changes, I can neither confirm or deny if regicide is one of the changed cards because NDA.

Offline Pelagoth

• Sock Puppet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2016, 01:31:14 PM »
My close friend DrewUniverse asked me to write weekly post in his stead, and since I am very nice guy I simply couldn't refuse such sincere request.
Some of you may be surprised, but all my negative comments about him were just a prank  ;)
He couldn't do it in time because of his real life, we shouldn't criticize him, he is human!
I'm glad Drew finally came to his senses and asked a more competent member of the community to take up on this (his) major task.

And here I was believing that he would let me down again. Thank god I was proven wrong.

Offline drewmb10

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2016, 01:53:46 PM »
Not sure how competitive a GI/WP deck could be (my 2 fave factions, mind you), but I sure want to make Dragon Collar work. Sounds like it should be able to take a 128/128 Log in command, too, due to not being a targeting ability. That would be just a minor swing in the game's tempo.

I, for one, am really glad to see some of these cards trying to branch out to make new deck types. When do you ever see FD+DoD, OoS+CoV, or GI+WP? If you use any of these decks already, good for you. This is what I kind of wanted out of the new set--something that prevents me from running into the same 3 meta decks when I'm playing a fun combo deck in normal mode. I sure hope it breaks up the monotony.

Strength of Unity seems realllly good at first glance (typo included). But I definitely like the feeling of this set way more than the previous two.

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
Re: Weekly Legit Post #25: Rebellion Wave 3 & more
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2016, 02:11:19 PM »
Good sht. And yeah +1 to encouraging weird deck purities. I feel the WP demon beast thing should get haste somehow. May be op though.

Offline ecliptix

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2016, 02:16:17 PM »

Compare it to Death Ray:

You don't need to be as precise as you would with death ray. The latter requires you to hit a SPECIFIC card on the battlefield. Regicide kills any command drop at any time (especially useful with those pesky rita/log calls)

Same cost
Agreed. Epic is a bit silly.

I think you mean 6 - Karani comes out on 3 res. (Gift of passing -> BLBP -> Karani)

It increases your drop percentage for a 3 cost kill.

Overall though I'm SUUUUPER excited for these changes

LF Marina + Decimators!
No matter the problem, the solution is always a flying emberstarter.

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
Re: Weekly Legit Post #25: Rebellion Wave 3 & more
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2016, 02:37:04 PM »
Regicide could potentially be useful if they play more than one commander that turn. Tho only time I can see this happening is maybe FD in some cases.