Author Topic: multiple agent zomborgs  (Read 868 times)

Offline Specseek

• View Profile
multiple agent zomborgs
« on: September 17, 2016, 08:15:14 PM »
I just finished a match where the opponent was able to quickly put three Agent Zomborgs into play.  I asked him how he did that, and his response was that there are multiple ways to create multiple uniques in play (in other words he would not tell me).  He had Evellee as a commander, but I don't see how that would allow multiple copies of the same unique.

Anybody care to explain how this is possible?

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
Re: multiple agent zomborgs
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2016, 08:32:05 PM »
He must have used Evellee then. She doesn't check for the Unique restriction when she tutors up characters.
Resident LoreNinja, Tavern-Ninja
Gao Han or Gao Home!
Into the Fray, a novel of Infinity Wars
Weekly Storywriting Stream

Offline ToxicShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2016, 08:42:19 PM »
Benionin is right, he must have used Evelee. She recruits a random character with a certain cost from your deck, not checking for any other requirements.

If you built your deck right, you can make sure that a certain character is recruited (in this case, he probably only had Zomborgs as 2 cost characters and no 1 cost characters in the deck).

Offline colonscopy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2016, 08:48:14 PM »
To give you a fast and simple answer Evellee recruits characters based on their cost. The unique cards just cannot be deployed from hand when there's another one in play (command or already deployed). So it's basically a different mechanic to have a card on your board.

Your opponent was right just telling you that there are several ways to have multiple copies of unique characters in game and I believe that you should learn them by yourself. But if you want people to "spoil" the surprise, another example could be Awaken, that could revive a character in support even if there's already another copy on board.

Offline Specseek

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2016, 08:58:32 PM »
Thanks for all of the replies!