Author Topic: How Do You Primal?  (Read 403 times)

Offline ecliptix

• View Profile
How Do You Primal?
« on: September 14, 2016, 05:05:36 PM »
So I recently picked up my third and started building a deck around him that's a blast to play. I get how powerful this card *can* be but it seems like I'm missing with his ability ALL the time. What's the best way to optimize your chances to 'hit' with primal?
No matter the problem, the solution is always a flying emberstarter.

Offline ES [BoD]

• Administrator
  • Flame Dawn Fanatic
    • View Profile
Re: How Do You Primal?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2016, 06:01:59 PM »
here are some suggestions:

1. Play it in defense if you can, it's easier to hit the desirable target this way since your Primal will likely block 2 or more targets.

2. Don't play it on turn 5, it's an obvious play from 2wp, especially when the other player has a few large units on board.

3. Think about the unit placement that your opponent is most likely to use i.e: Packleader at the end of the assault zone.

4. Try to assess the board and your opponent's actions, ask yourself: Will he hold back this turn (because my board presence is so intimidating? Or is he likely to play offensively since he assumes he has the board.
Hail Aberion! Hail the Dawn!

Offline ecliptix

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2016, 06:55:46 PM »
here are some suggestions:

1. Play it in defense if you can, it's easier to hit the desirable target this way since your Primal will likely block 2 or more targets.

2. Don't play it on turn 5, it's an obvious play from 2wp, especially when the other player has a few large units on board.

3. Think about the unit placement that your opponent is most likely to use i.e: Packleader at the end of the assault zone.

4. Try to assess the board and your opponent's actions, ask yourself: Will he hold back this turn (because my board presence is so intimidating? Or is he likely to play offensively since he assumes he has the board.

That's the one I'm missing xD
That's the bad part about sticking mostly to normals - it teaches you to mostly play solitaire since about 80% of the decks there super-cheese that needs no sideboard.
No matter the problem, the solution is always a flying emberstarter.

Offline OneTwo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2016, 09:44:14 AM »
I run in my Hermit Deck 2x Word of Command for possible combo situations.
Best suggestion i can come up with, to ease the gambling problems.

Offline Nehkrimah

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2016, 11:44:36 AM »
One other thing I just thought of: get 12 Resources (Fairly easy with triple WP) and use Primal and Single Combat