Author Topic: The New Balance Team  (Read 5361 times)

Offline Pelagoth

• Sock Puppet
    • View Profile
Re: The New Balance Team
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2016, 06:16:25 AM »
MAKE DRAGONS GREAT AGAIN!

Offline zekses

• Translator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2016, 10:25:45 AM »
Ok, I am far away to be some expert or anything similar, but here my 2 cents about balance changes:

These balance changes will break the game. You don't consider how any of these will affect certain abilities or combinations at all only looking at the card alone.

Offline JLazeZ

• Let's D-D-D-D-D-D-D-DUEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2016, 10:42:22 AM »
Ok, I am far away to be some expert or anything similar, but here my 2 cents about balance changes:

These balance changes will break the game. You don't consider how any of these will affect certain abilities or combinations at all only looking at the card alone.

But look at that Surprise Defence buff though. I can make ANYTHING into a mini-avatar!  :P

@Avc I do like how you're giving suggestions though! We can always use more stuff from the community  ;D
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 07:28:34 PM by JLazeZ »
Tullio and Ju-Lin carry Infinity Wars.

Offline avc145

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2016, 04:51:04 PM »
Just to be clear, that effect buff on Surprise Defense would only happens once, if you play the character using Suprise Defense and he remains alive at the end of the turn, he comes back to your deck. If he dies, instead of going to graveyard he becomes exaust for 3 turns, remaining on the battlefield, but if he dies again he goes to graveyard normally. The exaust for three effect only prevents death one time.

Aboutut how those changes would break the game, right know the game is "balanced" because 70% of the cards are completly useless trash (yes, the 70% percetage is a pun with Calamities Posts, but most of the cards are indeed pretty bad and useless). With these changes the game would be balanced not because almost anything is weak and underpowered, but because most of things are usefull and strong, this would make decisions about what to put and what to remove from deck making more significant.

Right now each faction has only 1 or 2 really cost effective cards per card cost (ie: 1 really good 5 cost card that pretty makes every other 5 cost card dispensable), making everything usefull in some way would force the players to giveaway some card with strong power to focus on other powerfull card which have the same cost but have more sinergy with the rest of the deck.

If everything is OP nothing is OP. If everything is UP, 2 or 3 cards on each faction sustain the burden of the entire faction on their backs.

The majority of useless trash card can became great and playable cards simply reducing their 1 resource on their cost or giving a +1/+1 buff.

Maybe some of the changes that I am suggesting was too much, but right know the game has lots of stronger almost cheater cards wihch have a colossal cost efficience and the games is still playable, not optimal playable but with some balance.

These changes will mostly correct problems with some specially underpowered factions that lack high cost eficcient cards and only relies on a few OP cards (i.e. DOD), at the same time other factions are extremely meta dominant because they have some of the best cost efficient cards on the game (i.e. Flame Dawn and G.I., almost every meta deck I see use one of those two factions as a core).

Offline JLazeZ

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2016, 07:31:57 PM »
@avc Umm there are actually 2 DoD cards with similar abilities. Resolve of the Dragon and Prayer of the Dragon. Plus with your version of Surprise Defence I'll be able to summon ANY Character for only 5 cost as long as they die right? Seems OP since I can use it on Ao Shun or the Avatars turn 5.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 07:35:32 PM by JLazeZ »

Offline avc145

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2016, 08:40:44 PM »
@avc Umm there are actually 2 DoD cards with similar abilities. Resolve of the Dragon and Prayer of the Dragon. Plus with your version of Surprise Defence I'll be able to summon ANY Character for only 5 cost as long as they die right? Seems OP since I can use it on Ao Shun or the Avatars turn 5.

Sleepers have 3 cards with ressurect effect, the only difference between them is the purity and the rarity, being the epic triple purity the strongest card, I dont see a problem on DOD having similar cards with different rarities and buffed up effects .

If you use Surprise Defense on a Avatar you will pay 5 resources and they will remains exausted for 3 turns, its not OP, since you can play them paying their normal cost on turn 7. You will have a 2 resource discount, but the opponet wil have 3 turns knowing that you will have a Avatar.

About Ao Shun, we can make him a exception, because normally he never dies, since his inate passive would make him become exausted instead of dying.  On the end of the turn Surprise Defense would consider him alive, so he will have to be puted back to his owner deck.

Offline JLazeZ

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2016, 09:05:12 PM »

Sleepers have 3 cards with ressurect effect, the only difference between them is the purity and the rarity, being the epic triple purity the strongest card, I dont see a problem on DOD having similar cards with different rarities and buffed up effects .

If you use Surprise Defense on a Avatar you will pay 5 resources and they will remains exausted for 3 turns, its not OP, since you can play them paying their normal cost on turn 7. You will have a 2 resource discount, but the opponet wil have 3 turns knowing that you will have a Avatar.

About Ao Shun, we can make him a exception, because normally he never dies, since his inate passive would make him become exausted instead of dying.  On the end of the turn Surprise Defense would consider him alive, so he will have to be puted back to his owner deck.

Yeah I guess I was overestimating how strong it'd be. Though you can use heaven's bell or vigil to move them into the defence zone even if they are exhausted fyi. Not sure if you knew that or not.

Offline The_Fallen

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2016, 10:05:52 PM »
Well after reading the first posts here are my two cents.
A balance team is nice, but with the opening post made by es, I think the necessary changes to fd will never come. Then again the old council didn't really shine with wise balance decisions. To be honest, no one knows what happend behind the scenes, but the cards that were released in that time period speak for themselves.

So it can't get worse, but the possibility of improvement are a snowball's chance in hell.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 11:51:03 PM by ES [BoD] »
Still waiting. Hope declining.

For bugfixing information: Proud Windows XP User

Offline ES [BoD]

• Administrator
  • Flame Dawn Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2016, 11:51:42 PM »
A balance team is nice, but with the opening post made by es, I think the necessary changes to fd will never come. Then again the old council didn't really shine with wise balance decisions. To be honest, no one knows what happend behind the scenes, but the cards that were released in that time period speak for themselves.

So it can't get worse, but the possibility of improvement are a snowball's chance in hell.
You seem really frustrated with how things are atm and with the old council, that's understandable yet it does not give you the right to discredit me and my team before we even produced a single change.

Flame Dawn is underrated in the current meta (only 1 deck is considered T1 and only involves 1p FD purity - 2gi/fd mechborn which me and nuggets came up with right after the Mechborn change) it is thanks to this singular change that this deck has a place in the meta.
Death blast and feartrops are probably both T2.
You will probably not see any other top player playing a fd deck to get to the top of ranked for example, infact most vets find flame dawn to be unreliable.

Flame Dawn is really weak atm compare to other factions and will lose quickly to mill,tinkerside, valuebots,yagron 2ex/cov and other meta decks unless it is backed heavily by other factions like cov/gi etc.

Personally I play only 1 deck that involves flame dawn out of 9 others.

Lastly, I may be the founder of this balance team but don't call the shots, every member gets an equal voice and we will only "clear" a card if everyone agrees on it, otherwise we brainstorm and figure out a better solution.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 12:02:45 AM by ES [BoD] »
Hail Aberion! Hail the Dawn!

Offline largenuggets [BoD]

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2016, 11:56:16 PM »

You seem really frustrated with how things atm are and with the old council, that's understandable yet it does not give you the right to discredit me and my team before we even produced a single change.

Flame Dawn is underrated in the current meta (only 1 deck is considered T1 and only involves 1p FD purity - 2gi/fd mechborn which me and nuggets came up with right after the Mechborn change) it is thanks to this singular change that this deck has a place in the meta.
Death blast and feartrops are probably both T2.
You will probably not see any other top player playing a fd deck to get to the top of ranked for example, infact most vets find flame dawn to be unreliable.

Flame Dawn is really weak atm compare to other factions and will lose quickly to mill,tinkerside, valuebots,yagron 2ex/cov and other meta decks unless it is backed heavily by other factions like cov/gi etc.

Personally I play only 1 deck that involves flame dawn out of 9 others.

Lastly, I may be the founder of this balance team but don't call the shots, every member gets an equal voice and we will only "clear" a card if everyone agrees on it, otherwise we brainstorm and figure out a better solution.

+1 to everything ES said, mechborn is also the only fd deck I play right now and am very experienced with all the other factions from playng and creating numerous other decks for myself. On top of that the other people on the team play a wide variety of factions and decks so I can assure you that no particular faction will get favored or unfavored when it comes to balance.

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2016, 05:31:28 AM »
It would be cool for fd or another faction that gets a card like "target character on the battlefield cant block". Maybe have it cost like 3.

Offline zekses

• Translator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2016, 12:35:58 PM »
It would be cool for fd or another faction that gets a card like "target character on the battlefield cant block". Maybe have it cost like 3.

It's called Exhaust XD Unless you mean a permanent debuff

Offline InvertedEye

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2016, 12:36:27 PM »
Do people really think that players join the balance team to buff their favorite factions? Trust me guys most of our work involves trying to stop cards that will ruin the game from going live. ::)   

Offline JLazeZ

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2016, 04:08:15 PM »
Do people really think that players join the balance team to buff their favorite factions? Trust me guys most of our work involves trying to stop cards that will ruin the game from going live. ::)

No no you got it backwards man. If you release enough broken cards then they'll balance each other and no cards will be broken.

Offline sogeking

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2016, 07:47:53 PM »
others which requested to remain anonymous=> drevoed (%90 sure) and sakuyana or mew ?To be honest all of council members really well players but it will fail if u dont push developers really hardly.i mean at some point you will have to fight with devs.They will try to ignore you or will develope really slowly.

Infact , devs r giving signals about how they are actually lazy.For example it is too easy to buff unusable cards simply by changing their costs or redesigning a little bit but instead they r not doing this immediately and delaying it until rebellion fully out.it will only take two days but no wait until rebellion out lol.