Author Topic: To Devs release this game for mobile devices  (Read 761 times)

Offline Elvenblood

• Translator
    • View Profile
To Devs release this game for mobile devices
« on: November 06, 2016, 01:17:52 AM »
There isn'T much to say about it. Releasing the game for mobile devinces will probably increase the amount of players a ton

Offline ORISOLVE

• In the service of The Holy Roman Empire since 2016
    • View Profile
Re: To Devs release this game for mobile devices
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2016, 02:42:44 AM »
+1
Where there's a will, there's a way.

Offline Zyhm

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2016, 10:46:13 AM »
I started coding a mobile client version for infinity wars a while back but stopped once I realized that I have no information on what netcode are they using so I cant really make it steam compatible, just a completely standalone client using the same IP. At that point it occurred to me that I might as well save the effort and just make my own game with original IP but I cant draw for sh!t.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline Chili

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2016, 12:36:43 PM »
^ Zyhm, check out "dream quest" on iOS for inspiration in "can't draw for Sh!t but can write a damn good game".

And fun fact for everyone, believe it or not, this game was "coming soon to mobile" about 4 years ago...back when the game core was much simpler without all this Star Trek Sh!t someone decided was a great idea to throw in, and keep expanding the game without just getting its crap together and releasing a solid proven product. Product development 1 0 freaking 1.

Offline Zyhm

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2016, 02:38:45 PM »
Dream Quest isn't a card game that requires images to identify the state of the board easily and allow players to recognize cards from past experiences without the need to read the card text every singe time.

I don't really need inspiration now, I need motivation lol.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 02:41:25 PM by Zyhm »

Offline Chili

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2016, 01:56:15 AM »
Huh? It's a card game, and the cards have text with that text describing actions that the cards cause. Every card in dream quest does something different. Sorry, I think it's a near perfect example. Unless you're thinking about making your own game that is hell complicated and the board can't afford little free real estate, then sure perhaps maybe, just maybe perfect illustrations will help with across board identification, but for an indie, if you can make a game with good core mechanics, even if simple enough, then simple graphics might well be enough. The guy that made dream quest landed a job at blizzard for hearthstone if that serves any motivation, though people can look on that in two ways.
I'd be more than happy with a mobile version of infinity wars, done in the stick figure art of dream quest. afterall, when the cards are on the board, it's not like you can make out the individual card art in its entirety and full glory, rather you need to select the card for viewing to get the art and card text effects. No different to dream quest art/text effect. Once you get over the kid like illustrations of dream quest, then the on board visual recognition of cards is no less capable than a full art production such as IW.

Anyway, I tried to inspire/motivate, whatever. If you appreciate this game and its mechanics, I for one would love to see you make a likewise inspired game with simple art.

Back on topic. Mobile version this game or bust.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 01:58:59 AM by Chili »