Author Topic: Ranked Reset - Additional Rewards  (Read 1168 times)

Offline DrewUniverse

• View Profile
Ranked Reset - Additional Rewards
« on: September 08, 2016, 04:53:15 AM »
Hey folks,

The staff team understands that we should have set-up the rewards quite differently. Going forward we will reconsider the upcoming rewards for future Ranked seasons. With our apology, we are adding additional rewards to those of you who were on the leaderboard reset this past Monday. I can outline it in a few bullet points:

• The top 25 places will be asked to pick reward cards of the same rarity and quantity as their rank indicated, IB or gold/foil alike. Largenuggets is helping with this, and will be messaging those players to get their picks. if you don't remember what rarity of cards you got, Largenuggets can tell you.
  • We will be providing the hand-drawn edition of Alt-Art Death Ray to the entire top-100 leaderboard. It is very similar to the old distribution amounts for previous seasons. We felt this was the best alt-art to go with, and it also fit necessary criteria (official word is that these could be given out again, but not in a Platinum-border)

The distribution of the alt-art Death Ray (Ian's drawing edition) is as follows:

**These will appear in your inventory with a ranked icon to distinguish the reward

1st Place:
3 Gold-Foil Death Ray

2nd-5th Place:
3 Gold + 1 Gold-Foil Death Ray

6th-10th Place:
3 Gold Death Ray

11th-25th Place:
2 Foil Death Ray

26th-50th Place:
2 Death Ray

51st-100th Place:
1 Death Ray
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 04:57:02 AM by DrewUniverse »

Offline ORISOLVE

• In the service of The Holy Roman Empire since 2016
    • View Profile
Re: Ranked Reset - Additional Rewards
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2016, 05:20:45 AM »
Wow really? You guys didn't think about telling people about the rewards before Ranked reset. This is very unprofessional. I would have played to get top 100 at least. Now you make me salty.  >:(

You guys still don't get the fkin message. The top 26 - 100 deserve better rewards moreso than the top 25. How do you expect to incentive competition at all levels of play? This is still a poor Ranked system. You guys set the rewards up for 25 players. I guess that's all the players you expect to play this game. Aim low huh? Keep expectations low? Cuz fk the top 26 - 100 right? Those guys are mostly bad players anyways. Also alienate the majority of the player base. I didn't place last season, so this isn't personal.

First off you guys reset Ranked half assed without thinking it through. Now you have people manually giving out the prizes, except you just said fk it too much work to reward 100 people, let's just do the top 25. The people in the lower ratings try just as hard if not harder than the top 25. Half assed work, sounds a lot like the entire Rebellion set. Please just be patient, try to understand the game/game's community before you do anything. Unprofessional, not well thought out actions will ruin this game. It's fine if you guys work slower, just get things right please. Do it right or don't do it at all.

Mistakes are forgiven, but incompetence and unprofessionalism isn't.

(The rewards are fine for the top 25, the Alt. Art. Prize structure is actually very good, it's just the other rewards for 26 - 100 that is lacking)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 07:16:57 AM by ORISOLVE »
Where there's a will, there's a way.

Offline Pelagoth

• Sock Puppet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2016, 06:29:07 AM »
I'll just say. These rewards are okay for a 1 year Season. Still not decent enough for that Kind of Duration, but atleast not complete utter garbage. So +1 to that.

However, I have a concern. Where is your god damn creativity?!
Do you even keep updated about competing card games? They have way more creativity when it comes to ranked rewards. Just sayin.

Offline NTL

• If you think I'm wrong - think harder...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2016, 10:18:52 AM »
Maybe provide a list of entire top-100 here, since not everyone received nopereward token from ranked and may not even know it.
You didn't listen feedback how inadequate those rewards are, and while admitting to mistake is good, we shouldn't have such problem in the first place.
Congratulations for making last few remaining competitive players even more salty / quit in the process of getting some common sense...

Offline toon310

• Translator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2016, 11:29:44 AM »
For once i must admit that i'm very disapointed. Next time, please, communicate much sooner on the rewards for the ranked leaderboard.

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2016, 12:19:35 PM »
Next time, please, communicate much sooner on the rewards for the ranked leaderboard.

To be fair, the reworking of the ranked rewards is something that they threw together really quickly to make up for the lackluster rewards given out what, 3 days ago? In order to appease complaints they came up with this hurried response, implementing it and letting us know as soon as they had it figured out. It was therefore impossible to update us on these additional rewards "much sooner."

As for the initial reward structure (the one that got so many complaints), it sounded like they were still hammering it out up until the last minute of Drew posting about it at the beginning of the month. It'd have been nice to have had more warning but the CMs aren't prescient. They can't tell us what the rewards are before YM decides what they'll be.
Resident LoreNinja, Tavern-Ninja
Gao Han or Gao Home!
Into the Fray, a novel of Infinity Wars
Weekly Storywriting Stream

Offline Adorabear

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2016, 02:32:53 PM »
Next time, please, communicate much sooner on the rewards for the ranked leaderboard.

To be fair, the reworking of the ranked rewards is something that they threw together really quickly to make up for the lackluster rewards given out what, 3 days ago? In order to appease complaints they came up with this hurried response, implementing it and letting us know as soon as they had it figured out. It was therefore impossible to update us on these additional rewards "much sooner."

But we can avoid hasty messes by announcing tentative plans well in advance and engaging in a 2 way discussion to gather feedback and explain the thought processes of the devs. Thats what id be doing if I was CM anyway.

I mean they announced it only a few days before they did it but I and several other seasoned players gave them feedback promptly and clearly and immediately. They did not bother responding and I honestly doubt they even bothered reading, let alone explaining their own thought processes or taking the feedback on board or asking for further feedback or specifics.
Goose got me loose!

Offline ORISOLVE

• In the service of The Holy Roman Empire since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2016, 04:11:04 PM »
Here's a play by play what happened, unprofessionalism at its finest.

Sept. 1, 2015: Weekly Post #23 - We will reset the Ranked Leaderboards 1 week from today on Sept. 8, 2015, also no prizes yet.
Sept. 3, 2015: Here is a list of terrible prizes for players who have played Ranked over the past year. Also just kidding, 1 week from today means Sept. 5, 2015.

As for the initial reward structure (the one that got so many complaints), it sounded like they were still hammering it out up until the last minute of Drew posting about it at the beginning of the month. It'd have been nice to have had more warning but the CMs aren't prescient. They can't tell us what the rewards are before YM decides what they'll be.

There is no being fair. It was not impossible to update us on these additional rewards "much sooner." How about don't reset Ranked 3 days earlier than the announced date? How about don't reset Ranked at all if you aren't ready to reset Ranked? There was no prize structure for gods sake. The coding is obviously fairly simple, they could have copied and pasted the same structure from Rift. The "additional rewards", so what they appease 25 players and call it a good day? If the developers don't take their game seriously why should we?

The CM's aren't prescient? What kind of business or game do they think they are running when you don't communicate things to each other. First off, you don't communicate internally, then you don't communicate externally. Something as important as Ranked should be well thought out. They didn't even have the prize structure until 2 days before the reset, and after they announced the reset.

For me personally my problem isn't with the lack of rewards, but the unprofessional and incompetence that came with resetting the Ranked Leaderboard.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 04:13:09 PM by ORISOLVE »
Where there's a will, there's a way.

Offline antideath

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2016, 05:22:51 PM »
Its is BETA all things can change instantly..? right?
Devs do what you WANT!