Author Topic: Infinity Wars Meta Deck Tier list  (Read 6850 times)

Offline Ben4d90

• View Profile
Re: Infinity Wars Meta Deck Tier list
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2016, 03:29:55 AM »
We need a rebellion update ASAP!

Well, 3p WP Martyr of Life deck is now Tier 1 and 3p DoD is Tier 2 IMO. Don't know about other decks. Time will tell.

Martyr of Life and Death Blast are the kings of ranked at the moment.

Deathblast is definitely t1, but I have yet to be convinced about MoL ramp. I have played it a couple of times against some pretty decent players, and one time my opponent even got the martyr out on turn 6 or so even after I killed some of his ramp. However, I can't imagine it holds up well at all against deathblast and also is extremely weak to global single target removal spells such as verore kidnapper, humble, kidnapped by demons, or even just CTA. Imo it only seems t1 because there aren't very many skilled players playing ranked atm. It would be pretty difficult to beat a good player with it and it has a lot of pretty hard counters. It just seems op because it wins so hard when you do pull it off.

Hmm, I suppose. I mean, MoL ramp is what got me to the number 1 spot and some of those wins were against decent players but the deck does suffer hard against rush, especially if any of the ramp is stalled along the way. It also suffers to decks that are heavy flying as well (Rhaziel is a pain if you don't have turn 2 fight or turn 1 sniper) and can be beaten by 30 cov due to the massive morale costs of large chars. However, it easily beats most other decks. Definitely tier 2, I would say.

Offline Ben4d90

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2016, 03:36:54 AM »
Another ranked deck that has slipped under the radar is 2ex/cov (2Rock Chuckers, Master of demon command), it's at least tier 2, stronger than DB in that matchup, it seems pretty good vs everything else due to how fast it is, the burn value and the late game.

Meh, faced that deck several times and it's not that strong. All it really has going for it is a strong early game. A single chain lightning on the rock chuckers completely destroys it's early game momentum though. It's definitely a solid deck though. If the rock chuckers last a few turns, the burn damage adds up.

Offline Ben4d90

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2016, 03:44:12 AM »
You "Veteran" players have such a narrow perspective of the meta and deck building, I no longer take anything you guys say seriously. At this point your understanding of the game is comparable to Ian's.

I was a stern defender that "Death Blast" was a T1 deck, yet you all insisted I was wrong before. Now look at you guys defending "Death Blast" as a T1 deck. You guys clearly lack unbiases. Just because a deck can beat "Death Blast" doesn't mean it's automatically a T3+ deck.

I have come to the conclusion that most of you "Veterans" are just netdeckers, but with the arrogance to claim you know best about these decks. I was running 3 DoD with Infected Monk, Gaohan, and Meditating Monk before it was popular (and stolen as a DLC deck). So I know what I'm talking about when I say 3 DoD isn't good. You guys shoot down the opinions of new players so easily, so if anything you "Veterans" are the reason why this game isn't popular.

I would also like to credit ChalkBot for the 2Ex/1COV (2 Rock Chuckers, Master Of Demons). But in my opinion this deck isn't tier 1, it is tier 2 at best. As for the Martyr Of Life deck, it is a tier 2 or tier 3 deck at best as well. (Sidenote: I defended 2 DoD/1 Ex on this very thread, but again I was told I was wrong)

Happy netdecking.  ;D

"DoD isn't good"

Except that it is. It can beat Death Blast with the right sideboard and a strong early game to mitigate rush damage. As for your whole thing about Coyle Immovable dying to 3 aspirants, you're not seeing the bigger picture. His effect means he can block unstoppable chars and won't die to huge chars, which is extremely valuable. The implication that you would even throw Immovable out to block aspirants (who even plays them anyway?) Tells me you don't know what you're talking about.

Want to know what decks are bad right now? Look at 3p Sleepers, 3p GI and 3p FD.
All of these are weaker than, and usually lose to, 3p DoD.
Sleepers anti air is trash and any kind of grave removal is gg.
GI has a slow early game and lacks good removals besides the new Gorgon beam.
FD doesn't have enough tools to reliably finish in mid/late game.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 03:54:04 AM by Ben4d90 »

Offline ORISOLVE

• In the service of The Holy Roman Empire since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2016, 04:42:01 AM »
"DoD isn't good"

Except that it is. It can beat Death Blast with the right sideboard and a strong early game to mitigate rush damage. As for your whole thing about Coyle Immovable dying to 3 aspirants, you're not seeing the bigger picture. His effect means he can block unstoppable chars and won't die to huge chars, which is extremely valuable. The implication that you would even throw Immovable out to block aspirants (who even plays them anyway?) Tells me you don't know what you're talking about.

Want to know what decks are bad right now? Look at 3p Sleepers, 3p GI and 3p FD.

Based on what you said, it tells me you don't know what you're talking about. So we are at a stalemate. We can agree to disagree. ;D
Where there's a will, there's a way.

Offline Ben4d90

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2016, 05:55:10 AM »
"DoD isn't good"

Based on what you said, it tells me you don't know what you're talking about. So we are at a stalemate. We can agree to disagree. ;D

Hmm well, considering I have faced and beaten death blast as well as all 3 of the above mentioned purities with my 3p DoD deck, including winning many ranked games, some of which games were against good players, I can tell you that I do in fact know what I'm on about. You're more than welcome to disagree with me, although the only way you can actually be correct in that 3p DoD is bad is if, I'm simply such a good player that my skill alone offsets the apparent weakness of my deck. If that's what you are claiming, thanks for the compliment  ;D

How's hitting top 10 with that GI deck coming along? I thought you said GI are OP and that you'd climb ranked with your deck? ::)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 05:57:25 AM by Ben4d90 »

Offline Heyheuhei

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2016, 04:36:38 PM »
I played in ranked 3dod before new set come out and it sucks really hard. if you beat noobs with 3Dod, this doesnt mean, that dod isnt bad

Offline keyranaway

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2016, 04:40:36 PM »

Offline ORISOLVE

• In the service of The Holy Roman Empire since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2016, 06:25:29 PM »
Stop trying to bait me to play this game. It's not going to work. I know for a fact I can climb to top 10 easy, but it isn't worth my time. After all I did say I was quitting Infinity Wars. With the slow queue times combined with poor balance decisions, even my ego and pride won't allow me to play the game, no matter how badly I want to prove Ben4d90 and Merlinix wrong. It is the logical choice to choose not to play, I will not let emotions get the better of me.
#PupilsCyborgFather
Where there's a will, there's a way.

Offline MerliniX

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2016, 06:32:32 PM »
Stop trying to bait me to play this game. It's not going to work. I know for a fact I can climb to top 10 easy, but it isn't worth my time. After all I did say I was quitting Infinity Wars. With the slow queue times combined with poor balance decisions, even my ego and pride won't allow me to play the game, no matter how badly I want to prove Ben4d90 and Merlinix wrong. It is the logical choice to choose not to play, I will not let emotions get the better of me.
#PupilsCyborgFather

Wait what? How did I get dragged into this?

Offline goobypls

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2016, 10:07:06 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhrDwCDwKOw

Jokes aside, this stream is awesome. There needs to be a part 2!  :D

Offline Ben4d90

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2016, 06:06:00 PM »
I played in ranked 3dod before new set come out and it sucks really hard. if you beat noobs with 3Dod, this doesnt mean, that dod isnt bad

"I played with 3p DoD and did badly because I don't understand how to play the deck well."
Fixed that for you.

But, yes. 3p DoD wasn't that strong before the new set. Now they have a lot of very useful new cards which make them far stronger.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 06:07:32 PM by Ben4d90 »

Offline largenuggets [BoD]

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2016, 09:24:03 PM »

"I played with 3p DoD and did badly because I don't understand how to play the deck well."
Fixed that for you.

But, yes. 3p DoD wasn't that strong before the new set. Now they have a lot of very useful new cards which make them far stronger.

Actually Heyheuhei is one of the most experienced DoD players out there and has been playing for a very long time. Be careful who you pick your battles with :P

Offline ES [BoD]

• Administrator
  • Flame Dawn Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2016, 10:07:03 PM »

Fixed that for you.

Actually Heyheuhei is one of the most experienced DoD players out there and has been playing for a very long time. Be careful who you pick your battles with :P
+1
Hail Aberion! Hail the Dawn!

Offline drewmb10

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2016, 10:38:31 PM »

Fixed that for you.