Author Topic: Wizard Post Number One  (Read 663 times)

Offline MerliniX

• View Profile
Wizard Post Number One
« on: August 30, 2016, 10:49:50 PM »
Introducing The Wizard Posts!

So I was thinking to myself, a post on the forums once a week can't be that hard to do, right? I could make a post about everything I have done for that past week, or everything I am working on, thinking of doing, thinking of not doing, or just random words and promises of varying degrees of action or inaction on any given topic. As long as I can stick to once a week (7 days for 500 words? should be super easy amirite?) I figure it will be a fun little addition to the forums.

So here is me, committing to a weekly post every seven days about something related to probably nothing.

And yes, you can hold me to that timeframe.

So Whatever Is Going On With Merlin These Days, Anyway?

I'm glad you asked that question. I will tell you. This past week I downloaded the new Star Ocean game for the PS4, and have been playing a bit of that. It seems a little clunky compared to past Star Oceans, and some parts of the voice acting have made me cringe. The combat overall seems less streamlined and more chaotic than past versions of the same game (or titles within the Star Ocean franchise).

All that being said, I am enjoying the game so far. The quest system seems fun, and the graphics are good. It is not an overly complex game, so it takes very little mental energy to play and so is a great game to just relax and destress with.

Merlin is Writing a Novel!

And last but not least I am currently working on a novel. Yes, that's right, a novel. Most of you probably did not know I write at all, on account of I've not written anything IW related (and I won't, the story lines in this game honestly do not interest me enough for me to try and craft anything within their world). This will be my second novel, and I am committing to 5000 words a day while I work on it. I have a goodly portion finished already and should have the second draft complete by the end of September.

More progress on this will follow in future installments of the Wizard post, probably. (Possibly not, it very much depends on which direction my fancy takes me in regard to these). It is more than likely future Wizard posts will be written entirely in Latin, or composed primarily of gibberish. There is a non zero chance that both of these things will occur at some point in the future.

Anywho that is going to be it for now. No Art sneak peaks in this Wizard Post, unfortunately, but possibly in next weeks. But don't get your hopes up.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 10:52:47 PM by MerliniX »

Offline IguanaMan

• View Profile
Re: Wizard Post Number One
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2016, 12:35:08 AM »
Novel sneak peak pls  :-*
"Seriously if we don't bug hunt they might end up a new faction!" - Junker99

Offline MerliniX

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2016, 01:25:35 AM »

Maybe next week ;)

Offline ORISOLVE

• In the service of The Holy Roman Empire since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2016, 02:04:38 AM »
I have a goodly portion finished already and should have the second draft complete by the end of September.

Do you even novel bruh?
Where there's a will, there's a way.

Offline Pelagoth

• Sock Puppet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2016, 05:48:54 AM »
Can we hold you to that timeframe though?

Offline keyranaway

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2016, 09:53:05 AM »

Maybe next week ;)

Can we hold you to that timeframe?

Offline MerliniX

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2016, 08:34:24 PM »
You can hold me to that timeframe. After all a wizard is never late.