Author Topic: 8/29 Sunday Tournament Overview and Feedback Thread  (Read 886 times)

Offline largenuggets [BoD]

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
8/29 Sunday Tournament Overview and Feedback Thread
« on: August 30, 2016, 03:48:08 AM »
I just wanted to make a thread for people to post any suggestions they may have for the tournament this Sunday. We had an amazing 24 participants and 9 streamers and it was a huge success in my opinion!

I wanna give out a huge congratulations to InvertedEye, Bitterfrost, and Tenaccarli who were our top place finishers in that order! InvertedEye had a  fantastic performance in the games we had the pleasure of watching, and ran Valuebots (2gi/1oos) for most of the tourney and Virus (2soa/1cov) for the last round. We had the unique pleasure of watching many of Bitterfrosts matches which was a really awesome opportunity especially as he continued to defeat 3/4 of his opponents with his Tinkercide deck (2CoV/1GI), only losing to Invertedeye himself. Tenaccarli also did extremely well, although we didn't get the chance to watch too many of their matches. The ones we did see had him running a 2COV 1FD deathblast aggro deck however which was very impressive. A huge round of applause to these players and everyone else who participated for doing such an awesome job!

That was my first time running a tournament so please let me know what you liked or didn't like as well as what you would like to see added in the future :D Also there will be another tourney this upcoming sunday and I would like to have it be the first installment of the actual Infinity Wars Competitive League series of tournaments. I will be making a challonge page for it tomorrow after work and putting up a post with details about it either tomorrow or the next day.

Thanks and I'm looking forward to hearing all your thoughts!

EDIT: I am aware not everyone has received their prizes yet, and drew should be getting those out to you guys tonight :)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 04:31:36 AM by largenuggets [BoD] »

Offline JLazeZ

• Let's D-D-D-D-D-D-D-DUEL
    • View Profile
Re: 8/29 Sunday Tournament Feedback Thread
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 04:15:51 AM »
Good thing you made this I actually have some points I want to mention.

1. Participation Rewards - Getting 1 Penta Pack and 1 Rift token would be great for a normal tournament but this is a BIG tourney. Even if you include the IP you get per game this was a FIVE hour tournament and getting 1 pack and a rift token for it is kind of disappointing.

2. Promotion - A lot of people didn't know about this tournament. I know for certain my #1 fan XXXKingSwagLordXXX didn't know about it and I had to invite him personally. You guys should make SURE people know about the awesome rewards. I suggest adding a banner showing an image of the rewards in the main screen.

That's all I can think of for now. This was a really fun event! Plus my jealousy for InvertedEye has increased ten fold.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 04:39:55 AM by JLazeZ »
Tullio and Ju-Lin carry Infinity Wars.

Offline ORISOLVE

• In the service of The Holy Roman Empire since 2016
    • View Profile
Re: 8/29 Sunday Tournament Overview and Feedback Thread
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 04:34:14 AM »
1. Participation Rewards - Door prizes too small last time especially in a Swiss Format where everyone has to stay for the entire tournament ~ 5 hours. I feel like the Door prizes should scale based on the number of participants and the type of Tournament.

I'm not judging, but even you had to leave early Nuggets.  :)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 04:43:16 AM by ORISOLVE »
Where there's a will, there's a way.

Offline JLazeZ

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2016, 04:46:52 AM »
1. Participation Rewards - Door prizes too small last time especially in a Swiss Format where everyone has to stay for the entire tournament ~ 5 hours. I feel like the Door prizes should scale based on the number of participants and the type of Tournament. I feel like the Door prizes should scale based on the number of participants and the type of Tournament.

Haha I didn't think about that but you're right. NO STREAM REWARDS FOR NUGGETS. You have to stream the full event man!

Also +1 to your idea about scaling prizes

Offline largenuggets [BoD]

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2016, 01:20:39 PM »
1. Participation Rewards - Door prizes too small last time especially in a Swiss Format where everyone has to stay for the entire tournament ~ 5 hours. I feel like the Door prizes should scale based on the number of participants and the type of Tournament.

Haha I didn't think about that but you're right. NO STREAM REWARDS FOR NUGGETS. You have to stream the full event man!

Also +1 to your idea about scaling prizes

Hahaha you have a very good point there :P Scaling rewards would definitely be a pretty cool idea, but instead of going by the number of participants I might just go by the number of rounds in a swiss event. In general would you guys prefer smaller LP/IP rewards or slightly larger set prize rewards (packs and rift tokens etc). For example (not a real model) if you had to pick between 5000 IP or 2 collection penta packs (6000 IP value) which would you choose?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 01:27:06 PM by largenuggets [BoD] »

Offline JLazeZ

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2016, 03:01:46 PM »
Hmm. Personally I'd pick the Penta Packs.

Offline quangtit01

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2016, 02:43:46 AM »
I choke so hard the last 2 rounds
Nonetheless gratz to the winners.

Offline Dogeee [BoD]

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2016, 05:25:32 PM »
what does a crazy collector want with penta packs? LP would be really nice actually or at least IP.

"this game is rock bottem" - mew28

Offline krzych767

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2016, 08:23:28 PM »
I agree on the rewards. I think everyone would like the 20 packs (more than nothing - even for the sake of trading all of them for a premium card or just giving away for fun), but let's face it, it's quite unlikely for a player able to win a big, competitive, veteran oriented tournament to really need them. You could go even more into those infinity bordered cards - maybe even let the winner have such legendary card or an infinity foil one. Casual packs are like of all things, the least needed for vets, they would even use IP for preorders and rift decks more. Newer players would use them but it's unlikely ones will win - to make it sensible for them to join the tournament and have real chances for an useful reward, those should be the ones more given for lower places or as door prizes.

And ofc those door rewards for those 5 hours were quite meh.

@largenuggets, I'd take 5k IP for rift decks or preorders, especially given 20 packs for #1 each tour :P.

Offline InvertedEye

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2016, 09:40:08 PM »
The 20 packs I got just gave me a bunch of cards I already had. I only even bothered opening them for the wave 2 cards. I would prefer LP/IP reward. At least I got the satisfaction of denying other players the rewards.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 09:42:16 PM by InvertedEye »