Author Topic: Weekly Post #22: New Patch, New Moderators, Card Art & More!  (Read 3792 times)

Offline DrewUniverse

• View Profile
Weekly Post #22: New Patch, New Moderators, Card Art & More!
« on: August 23, 2016, 08:30:10 AM »
The Latest Patch is here!

First off, we should mention the latest patch release! Version 2.1.1 introduces Wave 2 of the Rebellion set, 14 cards for a total of 22. There are also a large number of changes to draft picks, the addition of Simplified Chinese as a language option, and some bug fixes too. Click here to learn more about that.

New Community Moderators

Mods! I love mods. I use them in Skyrim, and Minecraft… oh, oops! Just kidding. I’m proud to introduce two players who have been with the community for a long time, as Community Moderators (or “Mods” for short). These two individuals are known as Hacker, and LargeNuggets ( who prefers his name typed in lowercase).

This role is voluntary, and we are starting with the above-mentioned players to help us begin renewed moderation efforts. As a baseline, Community Mods will help watch over the community and relay extra player reports and comments through myself and our staff team abroad. They’ll be hanging out in global chat with blue text when they type messages, being as helpful as they have been already with new players learning about Infinity Wars and how the game is played. They may also assist with things like the oversight of the Card Design Challenge, tournament hosting, and other stuff. In the future we may accept more players to this position. A sincere thank-you to LargeNuggets and Hacker!

DLC Sale Coming Up!

The Steam DLC for Martyr’s Bounty, Treasures of the Calamity and Wealthy Noble’s Lockbox are going on sale again! The discount will be at 50% of the regular price, lasting for two weeks. The sale will start today, August 23rd at 5pm IWT/GMT/UTC. The sale is expected to end on Tuesday, September 6th.

We have more news on the way in the next weekly update. For now, I leave you with some more card artwork from Rebellion’s third wave.

Do you like large, angry monsters? Of course you do.

The person on the end of that swinging chain must be pulling so much G-force that they could qualify to be an astronaut. I hope they have a jetpack….

And here’s one more, an Overseer, looking out over the land. What’s the story here?

Offline DrewUniverse

• View Profile
Re: Weekly Post #22: New Patch, New Moderators, Card Art & More!
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2016, 08:31:42 AM »
First~

Offline keyranaway

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2016, 08:43:53 AM »
Why haven't you release the effects of wave 3 yet we know they are going to be bad why not get it over with and reveal them already.
Lots of love
Keyran

Offline Pelagoth

• Sock Puppet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2016, 08:59:42 AM »
The possitive:
- The art on the seemingly warpath card (the giant Minotaur) is very impressive and almost exceeds my expectations artwise for a card game.
- GJ on getting two enthusiastic and experienced players on the mod team as volunteers.

That's all I have for now. Check back next time when I find more possitive things to comment about. You can hold me to that timeframe.

Offline toon310

• Translator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2016, 10:28:29 PM »
Why so much hate ? Things are evolving in a positive way! I'm with LM and YODO at 150% and i'm proud to say it ! Keep the hard work guys !

Offline GeistesblitZ

• View Profile

Offline NTL

• If you think I'm wrong - think harder...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2016, 01:36:31 AM »
The Latest Patch is here!

Click here to learn more about that.

New Community Moderators

This role is voluntary, a sincere thank-you to LargeNuggets and Hacker!

DLC Sale Coming Up!

on sale again!
+ 2 arts

Offline ORISOLVE

• In the service of The Holy Roman Empire since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2016, 03:34:50 AM »
TLDR
Where there's a will, there's a way.

Offline Adorabear

• View Profile
Goose got me loose!

Offline zyrath

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2016, 11:59:01 AM »
The possitive:
- The art on the seemingly warpath card (the giant Minotaur) is very impressive and almost exceeds my expectations artwise for a card game.
- GJ on getting two enthusiastic and experienced players on the mod team as volunteers.

That's all I have for now. Check back next time when I find more possitive things to comment about. You can hold me to that timeframe.

why so salty?

Offline Kevkas

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2016, 06:25:39 PM »
Good to have you as moderators Hacker and largenuggets. :)

Offline Weak_Wolf

• In Vino Veritas
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2016, 02:58:43 AM »
Hey,

Whats the story with the enrichment of the lore. I saw this in a prior post and I was very excited about it because I feel like although the lore is an extremely interesting and emersive part of the game, it is very few and far between. You get a taste of it in the campaign and then all of a sudden you are thrown into multiplayer and you never see any of it again.

I mean I remember having a BUNCH of questions when I first started... Why are there so many rita's and apparently, based on one of the Genesis Aleta's.. The Aleta's know one another. Who is Agent Coyle, why is he traveling through all of the rifts transforming... Is there more than one of him like Aleta, or is he adapting to each new rift? Why is there multiple versions of one character across rifts and not others, like the war. What are each factions approach to dealing with the opening rifts. For the most part the DOD are safegaurding them, The flame dawn and verore see them as new territories to invade, meanwhile aberion is waging a war on orion. Why are the rifts opening anyways? And what are the overseers place in all of this, we still do not know why they came or what they are doing in the rifts.

Heck ive put alot of time and effort into figuring out what I know so far and I barely know anything. One of the brilliant parts or magicand even hearthstone, is the fact that people understand and like the lore. Alot of cards people like they like strictly for the lore behind them, the card itself comes with a cool backstory/explanation that you like or relate to. It transforms them from being a digital card to being a person that has a dream and is striving for something or has gone through something. Think about your favorite card in any card game, do you like it just because it looks cool, or do you like it because you relate to it in some way.

The worst part is it is just text, its just a story. It wouldnt require alot of animation or coding or anything like that. Just the addition of text.

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2016, 03:24:27 AM »
Hey,

Whats the story with the enrichment of the lore?

+1. I know more than most and I still have loads of questions. I'm reminded of a recent piece of MtG flavor text: "For every answer, three questions." I'd love to see the lore expanded upon.
Resident LoreNinja, Tavern-Ninja
Gao Han or Gao Home!
Into the Fray, a novel of Infinity Wars
Weekly Storywriting Stream

Offline Candit

• "I make this game, James." #Poga
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2016, 05:31:41 AM »
That Overseer is Warpath Aleta ascended by whichever angels are leading the Rebellion.
"Please cease with the bumping of this particular issue." #The_Universe

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2016, 07:06:23 AM »
That Overseer is Warpath Aleta ascended by whichever angels are leading the Rebellion.

I wouldn't assume that. While she has a staff and is obviously a cross between the Overseers and the Warpath, she doesn't especially look like Aleta. I find it more likely (though I could be wrong) that this is merely one of the angels in the Rebellion siding with the Warpath against Sol and co.
Resident LoreNinja, Tavern-Ninja
Gao Han or Gao Home!
Into the Fray, a novel of Infinity Wars
Weekly Storywriting Stream