Author Topic: Top Five Common and Uncommon Picks for Genesis on Rift Run  (Read 629 times)

Offline ZonkoTheGreat

• View Profile
Top Five Common and Uncommon Picks for Genesis on Rift Run
« on: August 22, 2016, 02:17:13 AM »
Hello everyone.  Before more Rebellion cards are spoiled and presented in Rift Run, I would like to show you all the list of the top five common and uncommon cards for Genesis in Rift Run.  Now before we go into discussion, I would like to advise you that this is just my opinion and nothing special.  And for new players who have not Rift Runned yet, these cards are only first pick able and are not dependent on combos, gimmick, and other shenanigans and only rely on themselves.

Lets go over the first faction Genesis.

Genesis in Rift Run has an average number of beatdown, removal, support, and other things so this faction is really expendable for your deck.

Common number 5:  Upgrade
Pump cards are the main reason why you play Genesis and Upgrade is the best pump spell out there.  Giving your character +5/+5 will easily kill off one of your opponent's characters and will trade with another.

Common number 4:  Infected Drone
This card may sometimes a bit dependant but since Genesis has so many target cards, it will be easy to turn him into a big threat.

Common number 3:  Adaptive Construct
It is always good to run an Adaptive Construct in your deck because it can hit your opponent for some extra damage in the early game and be a good blocker in the late game.  It will become much better when Rebellion comes out.

Common number 2:  Cannon Fire
Cannon Fire can take out a lot of stuff and usually gives you a two-for-one.  When your opponent's characters are weak and they have the boardstate to keep them safe, you can get rid of a lot of power threatening your health and morale.  Removal is always good in Rift Run and I advise you to pick up as much as you can.

Common number 1:  Support Drone
Surprised?  This card is number 1.  It can save one of your characters since it does not give a crap about initiative, and it's a pump spell.  It also is a good body to sacrifice or chump block your opponent's offense.

Uncommon number 5:  War Machine
War Machine is the number one pick because of many many reasons.  One, your damaged characters that are too weak to trade with others can give fuel to War Machine.  Second, it makes 16/16s!  Third, it's cheap and most 2 drops in Infinity Wars are inferior to other cards, one reason why Infected Drone and Adaptive Construct are on the list.

Uncommon number 4:  Scouting Mission
Scouting Mission can be a game changer if played right.  Three characters that can be pumped with it's favored faction will deal a big chunk of damage to your opponent.  Also, they have flying.  Flying is basically unblockable.

Uncommon number 3:  Laser Cannon
Even though it costs 5, Laser Cannon is basically a buffed Called Shot.  During the late game, it will finish off small and damaged characters and it can take down big ones.  Straight up removal.

Uncommon number 2:  Lucca, Ascended
Since most characters in Genesis are artificial, Lucca Ascended will pump your entire boardstate if your heavy on Genesis.  Unlike the original Lucca, this one will also pump Angels, which are another good faction with Genesis.  Lucca, Ascended is more flexible than original Lucca and pumps herself.  She is also a 6/6 with flying, usually an 8/8.  So it will be harder to kill her.

Uncommon number 1:  Splitter Robot
One of the best uncommons in Infinity Wars, Splitter Robot should be considered a rare, or atleast balanced.  Not only it's a beefy 10/10 for 4, it's death trigger gives you two more characters.  Characters that make more characters when they die should be highly valued in Rift Run and in Constructed.  You will always get the upside when trading another character and if your opponent plays a removal spell on Splitter Bot, you are getting a two-for-one.

That's about it.  And again, this is my opinion and I hoped this helped out for you guys.  Cya.

Offline drewmb10

• View Profile
Re: Top Five Common and Uncommon Picks for Genesis on Rift Run
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2016, 01:32:02 PM »
Noob-friendliness aside, I would personally pick Secluded Constructor over Adaptive Construct. She makes GI unpredictable and is much harder to deal with once she has more than 4 health (Support Drone buff). Combos especially well with Taiga now. Almost an auto-pick for me.

Also, Controlled Temporal Anomaly is soooo good and has to find a place in your top 5. Resets buffs, removes character from play, can help buff your own characters when used on Luccas, protect your own characters from Calamity, etc. I try to get 3 if I can in every draft.

Otherwise, good list!

Offline ZonkoTheGreat

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2016, 01:44:33 AM »
These cards on the list do not have a strategy and are expendable as first picks that can easily go in multiple strategies.  They are not dependent on something else and do not combo off with other cards, but help players out when they do find a strategy.  When a player then does find a strategy, they would have already picked good solitude cards that go good in that strategy.

And one thing, strategies are weaker in Rift Run.  The best strategy is getting beefy solitude characters that payoff your resource with their power and health, giving you the accessibility of eating and trading with other characters during combat.  And the other cards you get?  That's easy.  Find as much as kill spells as you can.  Doing this strategy can even match up with Verore's kill spells.

My hopes for Rebellion is that each faction other than Verore gets atleast three nonrare kill spells each for a better future in Rift Run.  That's about it.

Offline Dogeee [BoD]

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2016, 04:23:52 PM »
id probably go like this. common:
support drone, jetpack, upgrade, a. construct, cannon fire

uncommon:
lucca/splitter (depends on the previous draws), lucca ascended, CTA, laser cannon

"this game is rock bottem" - mew28

Offline quangtit01

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2016, 10:41:29 PM »
I am a bit disappointed that there's no CTA here.