Author Topic: Weekly Post #21: Game Updates and Test Server Events  (Read 3259 times)

Offline DrewUniverse

• View Profile
Weekly Post #21: Game Updates and Test Server Events
« on: August 15, 2016, 11:55:54 PM »
Hey people! Today I'm covering game updates and some test server events.

Events on the Test Server, or PBE (Public Beta Environment)

It’s time for another round of testing! First, we’ll be doing some general bug and balance testing with Wave 2 cards this coming Wednesday, Friday and Sunday. Player incentive will continue, giving you a choice between LP, Penta-Packs or rift tokens as compensation - this may be changed in the future. There's a lot of text to write, so I'm placing that in a separate thread - link is provided below.

Click here for the test schedule and event details.

Game Updates

For a little while now, we have provided four faction campaigns to play. Now, I can say that there is an additional faction campaign coming, which should be 5-6 missions long for now. That number may change but it is likely. For remaining factions that will still be missing: It’s our hope that we can get them all implemented. However, there is still a lot of work to do. With that said, I heard many pleas from players about missing faction starter decks. If possible, we’ll work an alternate solution to bring in such decks while the campaigns for those factions are not in-game.

We’d like to do more with the lore as well, and I may get an opportunity to showcase this with one of our upcoming feature additions. Which feature is it? Well, I might tell you in a week or two, but for now let’s just say it’s a previous feature that we are bringing back! Hmmm..

A few quick but important mentions:
  • If you were drafting last week and received incorrect Rift Run rewards during the few days that our system was bugged out, please view this thread to appeal for a card of your choosing (at the appropriate rarity).
  • Infinity Wars social media will now be more active. Our team will work in various ways to engage the community via Facebook to start with, and we will expand from there. Once we have more things in place I will provide additional details in a more dedicated announcement. We may post social media updates including contests, or even early art showcases. Recently we provided a new portrait of Aleta, as well as some intriguing concept art! Click here to view our Facebook page.
  • We are extending the huge 100% IP boost event until August 23rd. That's an additional three days to reap the benefits of extra IP for each match played.

Card Art Preview

Before I conclude this posting, let’s look at some new art for Infinity Wars.

This is art for a Rebellion Wave 3 card.

Hey Aleta. Long time no see. What are you up to?...

Concept art from one of our artists!

« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 12:00:04 AM by DrewUniverse »

Offline drewmb10

• View Profile
Re: Weekly Post #21: Game Updates and Test Server Events
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2016, 12:03:02 AM »

Ohhhhhh that Aleta art is soooo good!

Offline Adorabear

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2016, 01:14:08 AM »
Thanks for the update, looking forward to the next one in 3 days time :) Perhaps you can tell us more about plans for ranked.
The next BIG thing for me will be moving my focus over to Ranked once the dust settles on big changes on the draft side. There are many things that we want to overhaul with Ranked and constructed metas will be a significant part of this.  Other areas that we'll be looking at very deeply will include the ranked score algorithms, ranked seasons taxonomy and rewards, etc.
You guys have been 'focused' on ranked for months now are their any details or conclusions that have been arrived at yet?

Oooo Aleta art is cool. But whats with the first art. Is that the full animation? Hes literally just stroking his shaft and breathing heavily...  :o
Goose got me loose!

Offline Hacker

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2016, 01:36:04 AM »
Thanks for the update, looking forward to the next one in 3 days time :) Perhaps you can tell us more about plans for ranked.
The next BIG thing for me will be moving my focus over to Ranked once the dust settles on big changes on the draft side. There are many things that we want to overhaul with Ranked and constructed metas will be a significant part of this.  Other areas that we'll be looking at very deeply will include the ranked score algorithms, ranked seasons taxonomy and rewards, etc.
You guys have been 'focused' on ranked for months now are their any details or conclusions that have been arrived at yet?

Oooo Aleta art is cool. But whats with the first art. Is that the full animation? Hes literally just stroking his shaft and breathing heavily...  :o

Stroking his shaft and breathing heavily! Are you identifying with him Adora hehehe
The Hacker

Offline DrewUniverse

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2016, 01:44:35 AM »

Heyo, thanks for the feedback! Most of it, for now, is what Crestmoor originally outlined - leaderboard resets and reward tables on reset. We need to look at the points system again, but I don't know that status of that yet. I'll ask.

Personally I want to see our ranked system's tiers get a facelift, too, and once we have higher population use divisions perhaps. If we want to be taken seriously, one thing we'll need is a polished competitive ladder with clear ranking categories and more reasons to compete.

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2016, 02:23:12 AM »
We’d like to do more with the lore as well, and I may get an opportunity to showcase this with one of our upcoming feature additions. Which feature is it? Well, I might tell you in a week or two, but for now let’s just say it’s a previous feature that we are bringing back! Hmmm..

You have my attention, good sir. Please, carry on.
Resident LoreNinja, Tavern-Ninja
Gao Han or Gao Home!
Into the Fray, a novel of Infinity Wars
Weekly Storywriting Stream

Offline JLazeZ

• Let's D-D-D-D-D-D-D-DUEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2016, 02:39:32 AM »
Great post man. That Aleta art is SEXYYYYYY. I'm also REALLY glad you guys are addressing the fact that it'll take a while before all the campaigns are up and will possibly release the other starter packs. It's definitely the most frequently mentioned problem from new players.
Tullio and Ju-Lin carry Infinity Wars.

Offline ORISOLVE

• In the service of The Holy Roman Empire since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2016, 04:02:56 AM »
Very inappropriate guys. Aleta looks 10 years old and give the man some privacy while he strokes his shaft.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 06:10:50 AM by ORISOLVE »
Where there's a will, there's a way.

Offline JLazeZ

• Let's D-D-D-D-D-D-D-DUEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2016, 04:30:27 AM »
Very inappropriate guys. Aleta looks 10 years old and give the man some privacy while he strokes his shaft.

I meant the art in general not Aleta herself. But I'll still need some privacy....
Tullio and Ju-Lin carry Infinity Wars.

Offline InvertedEye

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2016, 07:25:38 AM »
Art is great, now lets see what disappointing design their cards get.  ::)

Now that I look at the exile card again it has some cool details that I missed like the fact that he only looks demonic and glowy in the dark. I wonder if he is an exile/warpath card?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 01:25:22 PM by InvertedEye »

Offline GeistesblitZ

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2016, 05:53:25 PM »
+1. When I first started, I thought the factions without a campaign were somehow special and premium compared to the 4 factions you start with. Even now, in my mind, those 4 are the "basic" factions, and the other ones feel somehow more special

Offline Number11

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2016, 08:32:34 PM »
I wonder if he is an exile/warpath card?

Based on the color the card has I would say DoD instead of Warpath.

Offline Elbutan

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2016, 02:24:56 PM »
There better be atleast ONE good DoD card in these UPCOMING sets, or else.

*Unsheaths katana*
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 04:55:33 PM by Elbutan »
No enemy shall escape my sight,
I am the knight that shines in the night,
Now fall before my burning blade,
Or feel my fiery strike.

- Elbu, Vanguard of Pyr

Offline InvertedEye

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2016, 02:41:38 PM »
There better be atleast ONE good DoD card in these sets, or else.

*Unsheaths katana*

Spirit guard is a better Immovable in many situations and The Imprevious is very playable in some DoD decks and also katanas are Japanese not Chinese.

Offline drewmb10

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2016, 02:45:13 PM »
There better be atleast ONE good DoD card in these sets, or else.

*Unsheaths katana*

Weren't you just proclaiming your love for Alberion? Sounds like some tomfoolery going on here...