Author Topic: Interesting tcg becomes free to play  (Read 693 times)

Offline The_Fallen

• View Profile
Interesting tcg becomes free to play
« on: August 15, 2016, 08:46:31 AM »
I wonder if anybody heard from Faeria. Its a tcg at its core, but with some interesting new mechanics.
To be honest I didn't follow it for a longe time (only open beta), but what I saw was enough to keep it on my radar and now it will become free to play at the end of this month.

Did any of you play it or plan to play it in the future?
Still waiting. Hope declining.

For bugfixing information: Proud Windows XP User

Offline CommunistMountain

• View Profile
Re: Interesting tcg becomes free to play
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2016, 09:56:08 AM »
I plan to. Thanks for updating me on this, I knew of the game before but was not willing to pay for early access. Hopefully it will be better than Spellweaver, as good as Duelyst, and worse than IW.

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2016, 03:09:30 PM »
I've been dabbling in Faeria. It's an interesting CCG but I prefer Infinity Wars. Some of my complaints include: PvE experience offers no rewards, no rewards for losing games (no comeback mechanic), can't buy your draft deck, seriously favors aggro.
It is a fun game, and it has some awesome things going for it (daily quests, a crafting system, interesting board concept). Unfortunately, there's so much waiting involved when you're not playing with simultaneous turns. I'll probably continue to play Faeria casually, however.
Resident LoreNinja, Tavern-Ninja
Gao Han or Gao Home!
Into the Fray, a novel of Infinity Wars
Weekly Storywriting Stream

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2016, 12:11:00 PM »
Alright, I just started playing the game. Any tips for a new player?

In-game name is MountC.

Offline largenuggets [BoD]

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2016, 03:15:07 PM »
Hopefully it will be better than Spellweaver, as good as Duelyst, and worse than IW.

Pretty much nailed it lol

Offline The_Fallen

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2016, 09:48:59 AM »
Well what i have gathered so far:

The game runs stable: Not a single crash experienced.
More casual friendly as they have removed gold from the ressource list.
The unique concept of terrain shifiting is still in place and makes the battles dynamic.

The visual style is more heartstone like. I preferred the old darker one.
The battlefield seems shorter and therfore making rush stronger.
The balance is very difficult to analyize because of my limited card pool and the early access stage. But the epics seem quite powerfull, even gamechanging.

As for tips: Play the solo quests until you get a decent amount of cards. First stick to one faction, because unlike in iw ressources influences the speed of your game. (more than to 2 factions is quite insane unless you know exactly what to do and probably have acess to all the cards.) Chosse carfully if you want to expand. If the enemy rushes his lands straight to you, you can bet he will play desert rush. so prepare a defense.

Edit:
Any stable game ist at the moment better than IW just for this reason alone.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 09:52:57 AM by The_Fallen »
Still waiting. Hope declining.

For bugfixing information: Proud Windows XP User

Offline ToxicShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2016, 02:55:22 PM »
The game runs stable: Not a single crash experienced.

I can't really confirm that part. Maybe the game doesn't run well with my computer for some reason, but I experienced significantly more crashs than I do with IW so far.

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2016, 10:50:27 AM »
My first game every time I load up the client always fails to begin and brings me back to the main menu. Devs are actively trying to squash bugs, which is good. Also, the game can be slightly laggy on low-end to mid-range computers like mine.

I like how resources are carried over each turn. Always thinking that I have to play something every turn is a bad habit I carried over from other card games because resources usually reset every turn. Also, finally my Civ 5 positioning tactics can be put to use in a card game yay!

Offline Wayfinder1026

• Anime Freak
    • View Profile
    • Wattpad Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2016, 08:09:29 PM »
Decided to download this game and it's really fun. It's the only other game I've played that allows you to increase your base resources like in infinity wars. It's a decent substitute if you're waiting for something special to happen in iw.
*No one's noticed i'm a madman*