Author Topic: Question on the First Wave of the New Set  (Read 1261 times)

Offline Weak_Wolf

• In Vino Veritas
    • View Profile
Question on the First Wave of the New Set
« on: August 15, 2016, 05:00:37 AM »
Q: For the new cards that are revealed before the set comes out 100%, will those cards be usable in PVP?
A: I'm not certain, but I will check with the team. My guess is that the new cards will be banned from Ranked play until the set is done. They will probably be available in Normals, and I'm not sure about Draft.

Has there been any confirmation one way or the other on this. Because I want to tinker with making decks with the new cards but I cant use them in ranked... And given the Sets release schedule they wont be released for atleast half a year, meaning they wont be available on ranked play for that period of time? Which sucks...

Offline largenuggets [BoD]

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Question on the First Wave of the New Set
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2016, 06:08:29 AM »
The cards are currently legal in normals and can be drafted if that's what you are wondering.They are banned in ranked tho which makes perfect sense because they are still getting regular balance updates.

Offline ORISOLVE

• In the service of The Holy Roman Empire since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2016, 06:55:28 AM »
According to my calculations:

Wave 1 - Released on July 19th (8 Rares)
Wave 2 - Will Release on August 20th (14 Commons)
Wave 3 - Will Release September 20th (X Uncommons?)
Wave 4 - Will Release October 20th (Entire Release?)
Wave 5 - Will Release November 20th (Entire Release?)

If there is a Wave 6, our Great Lord Aberion pillage your village.

Order Data:
29 Commons
38 Uncommons
20 Rares
9 Epics
4 Legends

Oppression Data:
41 Commons
30 Uncommons
16 Rares
9 Epics
4 Legends

This set is said to have less than 100 cards. A total of 22 cards will be currently released in 2 months. At this rate there will be a minimum of 4 waves. What I see them doing is releasing half of all the cards within each "Preview". Wave 1 - had 8 Rares, consisting of 16 Rares total in Rebellion. Wave 2 - will have 14 Commons consisting of 28 Commons in Rebellion. Approximately 15 Uncommons still need to be released? We don't know how or if they are going to be releasing Epics or Legends as "Previews". We also don't know if they will preview every single card before a full Platinum release, if that is the case, Wave 8 is the soonest the "Rebellion" set will be out. This is excluding the fact that they will preview Epics & Legends. Wave 8 is February 20th, and this is assuming all previews are 1 month apart. So have fun waiting. ::)
Where there's a will, there's a way.

Offline Adorabear

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2016, 08:00:10 AM »
I could see them releasing half the uncommons next wave and half the rares/epics/legendaries in the wave after that and then all the rest of the cards in the wave after that which would be the preorder. But then who knows. Maybe they will tell us in last weeks weekly update :P
Goose got me loose!

Offline Weak_Wolf

• In Vino Veritas
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2016, 11:17:48 PM »
My estimate was a total of atleast 3 more waves, excluding the one we are waiting for.  And drew said that 4 weeks was a bare minimum but that we shouldnt be surprised if it takes 5-6 weeks to release a wave. So at least that is 3 months and at most it is 6 months.

Offline DrewUniverse

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2016, 09:02:48 AM »
Q: For the new cards that are revealed before the set comes out 100%, will those cards be usable in PVP?
A: I'm not certain, but I will check with the team. My guess is that the new cards will be banned from Ranked play until the set is done. They will probably be available in Normals, and I'm not sure about Draft.

Has there been any confirmation one way or the other on this. Because I want to tinker with making decks with the new cards but I cant use them in ranked... And given the Sets release schedule they wont be released for atleast half a year, meaning they wont be available on ranked play for that period of time? Which sucks...

Heyo! Yes, Draft and Normals allow Wave 1 cards. As each "Wave" is released on the live server, I'm guessing we'll do it the same way, banning all Rebellion cards from Ranked play until sometime shortly after the full set release.

@Ori, Bear and Weak_Wolf: Interesting study! From his last post, Weak_Wolf has the best understanding with the least analysis however :P

@Orisolve in particular:

This set is said to have less than 100 cards.

Q: How many cards in the set?
A: Approximately 100.

Offline ORISOLVE

• In the service of The Holy Roman Empire since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2016, 05:19:03 PM »
Quote from: DrewUniverse
Q: How many cards in the set?
A: Approximately 100.  (Approximate means "close to exact" but the number is not exactly 100.)

Question: How many cards are in the new set?

I can't answer that now, but I can soon™. On a personal note I believe the set size to be fully appropriate and not short-changed at all when it comes to set size. I'll be more exact in the coming updates.

Thanks to those of you who provided more detailed insights - I personally like the idea of Death Blast having a maximum damage, or tapering off its effectiveness. (2 damage for the first ~7-10 creatures, 1 damage for all additional creatures or just a hard cap of ~20 damage for starting examples)

Where there's a will, there's a way.

Offline Adorabear

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2016, 11:27:40 AM »
LOL that sass :P
Goose got me loose!