Author Topic: Drawing a line  (Read 3965 times)

Offline Pelagoth

• Sock Puppet
    • View Profile
Re: Drawing a line
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2016, 07:11:38 AM »
I agree with this. If Drew really was doing his best than that means things are not going to improve at all. The posts are late and missed, communication is bad, and he doesn't do what he says he'll do... but if he says thats the best he can do, hes saying he is incapable of doing better, that this is the standard we can expect from now on. I certainly wouldn't have said that and I find it hard to even understand that but like Nuggets im pretty competitively minded so maybe that just doesn't make much sense to us.
In all Fairness, as much as Drew hasn't been communicating Things very well over the Course of the past few weeks, I wouldn't hold his wording of "I'm doing my best" against him. Many of us already said this when we didn't exactly mean that we reached our Limits at doing our best already. Heck, most of the time when I say that there is a lot of potential to the top that I don't want to show.

I do agree that he needs to up his game a lot more in order to gain back credibility and trust (which isn't an easy task), but I won't be nitpicky about all of his wording now. Especially if it's self-evaluation that can be misguided by every person's point of view individually.

I also agree that they need to work together as a team much more. I have not given up hope yet, I've just been pushed deeper into the saltmines. Hope for a blink of light is still there, or as Gandalf would say:

Me: I didn't think it would end this way.
Gandalf: End? No, the journey doesn't end here. Relaunch is just another path... One that we all must take. The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass... And then you see it.
Me: What? Gandalf?... See what?
Gandalf: White shores... and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise.

Offline largenuggets [BoD]

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2016, 08:07:19 AM »
Me: I didn't think it would end this way.
Gandalf: End? No, the journey doesn't end here. Relaunch is just another path... One that we all must take. The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass... And then you see it.
Me: What? Gandalf?... See what?
Gandalf: White shores... and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise.

Gandalf... is that ESL I see in the distance? Show me the way great wizard!

Offline Teremus

• Really Cool Moose
  • Hide your cheese.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2016, 06:59:01 AM »
sorry to burst your bubble no gives a puffy about your opinion

I care about his opinion. I also mostly agree with it.

Also the devs should care about his opinion 1). because he was working for free on translating the game for them and 2). because if they are doing things to drive people away who are willing to give up their time to work on their game for them, then they should probably stop doing those things.

Something I managed to learn pretty quickly, and even those who hate me or my methods will recognize that this is a mentality I held fast to.

Your supporters have a message to send, one that you should (of course) listen to. "Supporters" are not the only demographic with a message to send, however.

Players who share an intense amount of criticism are just as important. There's a reason they're sharing their criticism; there's a reason that they spew hatred and anger.  There is so much that a company can learn from those who hate them, sometimes even more than the ones who support them.

If a company only listens to positive reviews, they'll never improve.

Heavy handed moderation is never the answer. Giving validation to those who take the time and effort to share their opinion is the only proper response. Both sides are equally important.
No seriously, I really like cheese.

Quote from: Poga
I make this game, James.

Offline Adorabear

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2016, 07:48:40 AM »
Thx for sharing your insite moose :P
Goose got me loose!

Offline Dogeee [BoD]

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2016, 01:29:41 PM »
Me: give me shadowfax u old wannabe demi god!
Gandalf: *cries*.
Me: thx u noob.

"this game is rock bottem" - mew28

Offline ORISOLVE

• In the service of The Holy Roman Empire since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2016, 04:59:17 PM »
in┬Ěcite
verb

encourage or stir up (violent or unlawful behavior).
"the offense of inciting racial hatred"
synonyms: stir up, whip up, encourage, fan the flames of, stoke up, fuel, kindle, ignite, inflame, etc.

urge or persuade (someone) to act in a violent or unlawful way.
"he incited loyal subjects to rebellion"

Where there's a will, there's a way.

Offline Teremus

• Really Cool Moose
  • Hide your cheese.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2016, 11:01:14 PM »
Thx for sharing your insite moose :P

I'd love to know how that made it to a public post. That baffles me.
No seriously, I really like cheese.

Quote from: Poga
I make this game, James.