Author Topic: Weekly Post #20: Bugs, Ranked/Draft, Rebellion & Lots more!  (Read 3493 times)

Offline DrewUniverse

• View Profile
Weekly Post #20: Bugs, Ranked/Draft, Rebellion & Lots more!
« on: August 04, 2016, 05:01:32 AM »
Hello everyone. I am here with several updates, both major and assorted, in this message. As the title of this topic says, most of what I’m covering in this post includes: Bugs, Draft and Ranked game modes, new cards from Rebellion Wave 2. There are going to be multiple threads linking out from this page, so be on the lookout for hyperlinks to learn more about various subjects.

When Is The Next Patch - What Is It About?

That will be sometime in the second half of August, I can’t give a date right now. It will include: the live release of Rebellion Wave 2, alongside draft changes: commander picks, rarity changes, and card picks in the deck. Rite of Rage will be changed too, at long last.

Game Bugs

There are a number of bugs still in the game, and we want to get rid of them as badly as you want to see them gone! We’re going to wipe out as many as we can with a massive bug hunt. In the meantime, we have a hotfix currently scheduled to come out by the weekend or early next week, covering about 10 or more bugs: this includes the invisible gold borders for draft picks. I can also say that we are fixing Rita (Mistress of Shadow), and Engine of Reincarnation will no longer halt Unstoppable effects; these should be ready to go with the next patch.

We are doing a once-over of all the bugs we can find. We’re pulling our list from our old internal system, the forums, the Discord server and more. If we’ve missed a bug, please let us know! To see our current list of bugs being hunted, click here. You are welcome to mention any bug we don’t have in the list already, by either mentioning it newly or referencing an old forum topic/other location (we’re pretty sure we grabbed most of them, though). The sooner we add to a collated master list, the better! It’s time to kill some bugs, and one day we'll look back on it like this:

sci-fi neil patrick harris denise richards mine movies starship troopers

Draft Mode
We have made some adjustments to the drafting experience, as part of our beginning effort to balance the power of various factions and purity setups. Our line of thinking going into the discussion was like this:

1. Make sure we change as few individual cards as possible.
2. Address problem areas.
3. Bring other factions in line with WP/SoA strength instead of nerfing those two.

Most of the reason for #3 is because many other factions are barely viable in their current state. Nerfing WP/SoA too hard would balance the factions, but make them equally lackluster and draft would suffer as a game mode. Note that we expect Rebellion cards to aid some factions in draft, but we have made some changes in the meantime to shorten the gap. To learn about Draft adjustments and how we’re giving a temporary middle finger to Hehkeem The Corrupted, please view this thread.

Ranked Mode

This mode has needed some love for quite a long time. I’ve alluded to change coming for this game mode, and now I’ll explain what’s definitely happening.

The definite change will be the frequency of the Ranked ladder reset. To start with, Ranked will be reset on a monthly basis - we’ll monitor this and if it proves too frequent we can always expand it to something like 3 months. In addition to this, we will also give rewards at the end of each “season” of ranked play. It is likely that they will be similar to end-of-week Draft payouts, but this is currently open and not final. Beyond this, I’d personally love to see us have more structured rankings and divisions in line with modern e-sports. However, if it came to IW, it would be farther down the road of development.

Translating The Game's Text Into Other Languages

I am pleased to share that I acquired the necessary English-text spreadsheet file to start these efforts. We can now collaborate with several users who have expressed interest in helping out! If you're interested in translating the game's text please send me a PM. If you are one of the people who already messaged me, you're about to get a PM from me with instructions on how to get started. I'm so excited for this! I'm planning to learn from past translation attempts, as well.We're gonna do this smart, and do it right.

Did you buy the Martyr's Bounty or Calamity DLC within a few days of release back in June? You might be eligible for 20 (or 40) IP/XP boosters!

I posted about this recently. It was late, but I want to make sure everyone gets what they were told they would get. If you bought the  Martyr's Bounty or Treasures Of The Calamity DLC by June 15th or sooner (we released them on the 13th), you're eligible for compensation. We had displayed 100% IP/XP boosters for Martyr's Bounty and 75% for Calamity sets. Please post in this thread with a screenshot of your steam purchase date. For an example of where to look, several players posted screenshots in the thread.

Rebellion Wave 2

Hey guys! It’s time to let you know about Rebellion’s second wave of new cards. We are looking at a total of 14 cards. All of these cards will be common rarity, and act as some of the workhorses of Rebellion. These cards have two specific groupings, and I'll insert spoiler tags previewing one card from each group.

The first group is the Defiant line of character cards: If they are removed from the game, they cause special effects. For example the Defiant Engineer will give +1/1 to all characters you control when it is removed from the game, and the Defiant Hunter will temporarily give you +1 resource one turn after it is removed from the game. In the hidden spoiler tag below, mouse-over to see the Defiant Brute card for the Cult of Verore.

The second group is a set of common-rarity Overcharge characters. One of my favorites from this wave is “Speaks With Wind.” It’s a 5-cost 12/12, and if I overcharge it I can get 2 resources refunded to me for that turn. On turn 5 I could drop this from command and toss in Fight, or Brings Life By Passing for example. In the hidden spoiler tag below, mouse-over to see the Morningstar Accelerator card for Flame Dawn.

So when are these cards going to be available to the public? Technically, right now. All 14 cards are available on the PBE test server, and we're going to run a few test sessions with player compensation included. We're going to look at written feedback regardless of whether you play-test the cards, but we hope you'll come give them a try anyway and experience their effect on the game first-hand. To give feedback on Wave 2, please keep it in this feedback thread.

Wave 2 should be available before the end of the month on the live server, after they've had a few weeks on the PBE test server.

That's what I have for you right now, folks. There's a lot of stuff going on and I look forward to sharing more information in the next developer update.  Thanks for being patient with me to get this news out!

Offline ORISOLVE

• In the service of The Holy Roman Empire since 2016
    • View Profile
Re: Weekly Post #20: Bugs, Ranked/Draft, Rebellion & Lots more!
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2016, 05:03:55 AM »
1st
Where there's a will, there's a way.

Offline Pelagoth

• Sock Puppet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2016, 06:46:43 AM »
I'll retract from my "possitive feedback" rule and not comment about what has been said. I'll get right into the beef of what's missing for me:

1. What about gold cards still not showing up in draft?
2. When is Marketing going to kick in?
3. How are you going to buff all the other factions without breaking the balance of cards? Sounds like a puffying Mount Everest to climb.

Offline DrewUniverse

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2016, 09:45:01 AM »
1. What about gold cards still not showing up in draft?

This one's actually in my post, explicitly mentioned already.

In the meantime, we have a hotfix currently scheduled to come out by the weekend or early next week, covering about 10 or more bugs: this includes the invisible gold borders for draft picks.

2. When is Marketing going to kick in?
I don't have an exact date or date range for you right now, unfortunately.

3. How are you going to buff all the other factions without breaking the balance of cards? Sounds like a puffying Mount Everest to climb.

Something Something Starkiller Base.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 09:47:15 AM by DrewUniverse »

Offline Dogeee [BoD]

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2016, 09:48:00 AM »
if i may ask: what are you fixing with rita? her odd interaction when her tokens are killed by infect chars?

"this game is rock bottem" - mew28

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2016, 11:26:17 AM »
if i may ask: what are you fixing with rita? her odd interaction when her tokens are killed by infect chars?

Also I hope the engine of reincarnation bug is fixed with her tokens. The tokens transform into zombies but keep getting damage redirected to them resulting in a Rita that never takes damage.

Offline DrewUniverse

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2016, 12:32:30 PM »

Also I hope the engine of reincarnation bug is fixed with her tokens. The tokens transform into zombies but keep getting damage redirected to them resulting in a Rita that never takes damage.

Engine of Reincarnation is fixed internally. Unstoppable will be able to slice through characters again as normal.

As for Rita: If a Rita token was transformed and Rita took damage, the transformed token would still take damage for her. This is an illegal action because Rita should only be protected by her Guard tokens themselves.

Offline Dogeee [BoD]

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2016, 04:22:52 PM »

Engine of Reincarnation is fixed internally. Unstoppable will be able to slice through characters again as normal.

As for Rita: If a Rita token was transformed and Rita took damage, the transformed token would still take damage for her. This is an illegal action because Rita should only be protected by her Guard tokens themselves.

keep in mind that if you steal a rita token of my rita with infect it will (again) protect MY rita (another post for the intended or not section maybe).

about unstoppable: do the 2 life chars still stop unstoppable? do avatars still stop unstoppable? i would love a general solution actually about the transform thingy. (i personally find it a joke that avatards stop skraars)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 04:26:45 PM by Dogeee [BoD] »

"this game is rock bottem" - mew28

Offline Crestmoor

• Infinity Wars Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2016, 04:40:01 PM »

the fix is that Rita guards that are transformed in any way into other creatures (engine of reincarnation, descension, etc) will no longer protect Rita.
Crestmoor the Omnimind
-----------------------------
Draft deck with Omnimind, Lanstead and War Machine = A can of WhoopAss for all occasions

Offline ORISOLVE

• In the service of The Holy Roman Empire since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2016, 04:56:09 PM »
You guys better fix Rita and not break stuff. If I see my Death Ray not affect a character before it is transformed by Descension I will be so mad.
Where there's a will, there's a way.

Offline Weak_Wolf

• In Vino Veritas
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2016, 09:53:18 PM »
Drew you beautiful human being, you had this up your sleeves the entire time!! Great post man, I can feel my excitement for this game growing with each passing week.

You know this is actually a very clever combo mechanic, I cant wait to test it out. Too bad the PBE has a 407MB patch... fml I wont be able to play until next year.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 10:01:01 PM by Weak_Wolf »

Offline NatoPotato

• Guns don't kill people, ninjas kill people.
    • View Profile
    • CLICK ME
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2016, 12:36:17 AM »
Wait...  Daily Quests are back? (on PBE)

That's pretty cool, why not mention it in the update?

(though having 3 of the same quest is kinda lame, there should be something to make sure you don't get more than 1 of the same 'Mission' at a time)

Offline DrewUniverse

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2016, 02:27:58 AM »
Wait...  Daily Quests are back? (on PBE)

That's pretty cool, why not mention it in the update?

(though having 3 of the same quest is kinda lame, there should be something to make sure you don't get more than 1 of the same 'Mission' at a time)

Huh? I don't see anything about Dailies in the PBE right now... ;)

Offline Wayfinder1026

• Anime Freak
    • View Profile
    • Wattpad Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2016, 02:05:55 AM »
Still don't know about the marketing campaign?  :-\
*No one's noticed i'm a madman*

Offline GeistesblitZ

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2016, 12:55:35 AM »
Was there a patch? My IW is redownloading the game..