Author Topic: Rebellion Wave 2 feedback thread  (Read 9600 times)

Offline Adorabear

• View Profile
Re: Rebellion Wave 2 feedback thread
« Reply #75 on: August 09, 2016, 01:47:21 PM »
Can nothing to lose PLEASE make a facebook page or website dedicated to his glorious memes
Goose got me loose!

Offline zekses

• Translator
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 09, 2016, 02:33:10 PM »

Offline Klassick

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 09, 2016, 04:14:02 PM »
Can nothing to lose PLEASE make a facebook page or website dedicated to his glorious memes

+1

Offline ORISOLVE

• In the service of The Holy Roman Empire since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 09, 2016, 04:46:21 PM »

+1

Where there's a will, there's a way.

Offline Moonblade92

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 15, 2016, 08:22:27 AM »
Now it's quite possible this was already said, but how does the Defiant cycle interact with cards like Dojo and Box? Does it work every time? Not that it matters much for DoD, Monk seems like a worse Chef anyway effect-wise, and Chef is already a card that doesn't see much play.

Offline Dogeee [BoD]

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 15, 2016, 11:47:23 AM »
i think it should work. it should as well work with calamity technically.

"this game is rock bottem" - mew28

Offline InvertedEye

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 15, 2016, 11:53:37 AM »
Now it's quite possible this was already said, but how does the Defiant cycle interact with cards like Dojo and Box? Does it work every time? Not that it matters much for DoD, Monk seems like a worse Chef anyway effect-wise, and Chef is already a card that doesn't see much play.

It should work but there isn't much point doing it, you can't abuse them efficiently like that.

Offline Candit

• "I make this game, James." #Poga
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 25, 2016, 05:24:23 AM »
Defiant Herald:

So wait, I'll have to put resources and a two card combo for a 3/3 and a champion for a 3 card combo..?

Support Drone does that a lot better and on any card. Can't we at least give  it decent stats since Overseers have no good two drops?

Champion's Attendant:

So I need five resources, an Overcharge, and a champion for another three card combo at 5/5...

When Upgrade can do this for any creature for a lot less?

For the same cost there's Calvary Paladin with two beneficial effects and no discard. Hell, Attendant's stats are so dismal in can trade/lose to good cards like Skaar's Young, Splitterbot, Bromich, Glorious Warrior, Liand, Hungry Devil, Yagron, and Kalis. All cheaper cards with beneficial effects.

Is the plan to keep Overseers as Overnerfed Genesis Industries?

"Please cease with the bumping of this particular issue." #The_Universe

Offline ORISOLVE

• In the service of The Holy Roman Empire since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 25, 2016, 05:46:18 AM »
+1 Candit

Give them a piece of your mind.  ;D
Where there's a will, there's a way.

Offline antideath

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 27, 2016, 03:07:22 PM »
at first glance the veroe cards look very very weak in comparison to all the others..

Offline Interesting_Socks

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 05, 2016, 10:52:21 PM »
I really hope these defiant cards don't work with Overcharge.

The whole point of Overcharge is that it isn't exile. Now it's just going to be exile mark 2. When you have two similar effects labelled differently it will confuse new players too.

I'm heavily against the concept of turning negative effects into positive effects anyway. That kind of combo based over synergy makes games very swingy and games become more focused on drawing the powerful combo, rather than outplaying your opponent.

Overcharge is a negative effect, in my opinion it should always have a negative side effect. You should never create a scenario where people are overcharging purely for the purpose of the 'remove from game' effect.

Offline Rionoskae

• Rawr
    • View Profile
    • Straight2ThePint.com
« Reply #86 on: September 06, 2016, 03:58:17 PM »
Agreed.

Defiant Footman + Intimidating Rally comes to mind here. It is an incredibly powerful combo that once again gives Flame Dawn another tool to zerg rush the opponent down even faster.

Intimidating rally + x2 Defiant footman in hand?

Yea Enjoy your unblockable assault and PERMANENT +4/+0 buff. They seriously need to take a closer look at cards and their interactions before they release them and before they go around BUFFING THEM when they know interactions like this are going to be nothing but toxic...

Yes I know it's a 2+ card combo. You know what else was a 2 card combo that everyone underestimated? Feartrops.

I just don't even know anymore... I'm going back to playing factorio. I can't watch a game that I love so much just keep going down this path.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 04:43:49 PM by Rionoskae »

Offline insaninater

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 21, 2016, 12:40:15 AM »
Eh, i feel like these are too easy to abuse. calamity is already pretty oppressive with certain card combinations (looking at you jinhai dojo), and with overcharging being a thing, removal from the game decks might end up completely overpowering any other deck type. I mean jeez, the last mechanic you introduced was also remove-from-the-game-based, and synergies a bit too well with this. there's other things besides removal from the game you know.

Offline Weak_Wolf

• In Vino Veritas
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 21, 2016, 12:50:30 AM »
Defiant Herald:

So wait, I'll have to put resources and a two card combo for a 3/3 and a champion for a 3 card combo..?

Support Drone does that a lot better and on any card. Can't we at least give  it decent stats since Overseers have no good two drops?

Champion's Attendant:

So I need five resources, an Overcharge, and a champion for another three card combo at 5/5...

When Upgrade can do this for any creature for a lot less?

For the same cost there's Calvary Paladin with two beneficial effects and no discard. Hell, Attendant's stats are so dismal in can trade/lose to good cards like Skaar's Young, Splitterbot, Bromich, Glorious Warrior, Liand, Hungry Devil, Yagron, and Kalis. All cheaper cards with beneficial effects.

Is the plan to keep Overseers as Overnerfed Genesis Industries?

HA! The Exiles defiant card  is even more ridicoulus. Because they litterally ONLY HAVE 2 CARDS that remove cards from the game. Adaptive Ritualist and Kidnapped by demons, and you obviously would never use a 4 cost on a 1 cost just to give your opponent a dead draw. But that almost makes more sense than holding a 1 drop in your hand until you draw adaptive ritualist and then WAIT AGAIN for you to discard something you want to bring back... and then you get the combo of a life time, which is giving your opponent a dead draw.

That being said, unlike you [insert a nice word for complete idiots] I thinkt he defiant + overcharge combo is a very very nice addition and breathes a new air of strategy into the game. The point of defiant cards isnt to remove the negative effects of overcharge, it is meant to create synergy and strategy. Now overcharge is a means to an end and not an end in itself. Discarding 1 card isnt that huge of a punishment anyways.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 12:52:37 AM by Weak_Wolf »