Author Topic: Quick update for communication's sake  (Read 2612 times)

Offline Weak_Wolf

• In Vino Veritas
    • View Profile
Re: Quick update for communication's sake
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2016, 07:22:27 PM »
So he officially has 20minutes to give us this good news...  Man I hate it when people make me wait, especially when they are the ones who gave the timeline in the first place. Its when someone says they will meet you somewhere at 5 and dont show up until 6, and you like "Dude, you're to one who told me to be here at 5, I could have easily came at 6..."

No offense drew, but seriously >__<

Offline zekses

• Translator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2016, 07:25:21 PM »
Check the timestamp on his post again. It's still 2 hrs 20 minutes

http://www.webcountdown.net/?c=6960
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 07:50:50 PM by zekses »

Offline Teremus

• Really Cool Moose
  • Hide your cheese.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2016, 08:26:51 PM »
I will, indeed, be playing C6 but....it's not a card game lol. There are great games that come out every single day, not like they're all competing against each other and no one only plays one single game forever.

Unless you're a Chess Wizard....then that's likely all you play.

You'll play C6 for a few days, then an update comes to IW you like so you'll play that, then mix them up. Nothing to worry about.
No seriously, I really like cheese.

Quote from: Poga
I make this game, James.

Offline zekses

• Translator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2016, 09:30:01 PM »
Bump. Still not here.

Offline MerliniX

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2016, 09:32:11 PM »
things you can expect from me in the next 24 hours or less. Yes, hold me to that timeframe.

Kappa.

Offline DrewUniverse

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2016, 10:02:17 PM »
I'm here and ready to start pushing out those updates, woohoo!

Offline largenuggets [BoD]

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2016, 10:48:10 PM »
Why did you bother setting this deadline for yourself if you weren't gonna be able to meet it?

Offline Weak_Wolf

• In Vino Veritas
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2016, 10:54:53 PM »
Why did you bother setting this deadline for yourself if you weren't gonna be able to meet it?

Let the nerd rage rise!! he must pay for his transgressions...

I understand he was pretty excited about the news and wanted to tease it before he put it out, but if your going to make us excited with a tease like this you had better be extremely punctual. Its like waking up on Christmas mourning and your parents saying you cant open the gift until nighttime.. I mean yeah you waited all year for this so what is another day, but at the same time I waited all year for this and now i gotta wait another day!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 11:01:48 PM by Weak_Wolf »

Offline Teremus

• Really Cool Moose
  • Hide your cheese.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2016, 11:00:20 PM »
Never set a hard deadline, unless under very concrete circumstances.

Strongly recommend, next time, just saying "Tomorrow." Hard Deadlines are very rarely set for the right reasons.
No seriously, I really like cheese.

Quote from: Poga
I make this game, James.

Offline DrewUniverse

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2016, 12:28:57 AM »
Everything's being written up now. For those asking about keeping to the 24 hour timeframe I set, I apologize, I got a serious RL delay for a few hours. Teremus is right in that I should refrain from exact deadlines being public and stick to something more general, if at all. It was either that or say nothing and leave you all wondering, so it's a bit of a lose-lose situation I guess.

Nonetheless, This is a pretty meaty set of updates in the weekly post and I think it will speak for itself. Covers a lot of things players have been wondering about.

Offline NTL

• If you think I'm wrong - think harder...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2016, 12:37:12 AM »

Offline Adorabear

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2016, 01:31:16 AM »
Everything's being written up now. For those asking about keeping to the 24 hour timeframe I set, I apologize, I got a serious RL delay for a few hours. Teremus is right in that I should refrain from exact deadlines being public and stick to something more general, if at all.

You do realise that as community manager posting these posts is your REAL LIFE. Its your job lol. I would never tell my boss, 'yea I didnt do my job because something came up in real life'.

And no Teremus is not right on this (love you moose! bless me with cheese hallowed be thy antlers), you should not refrain from deadlines, what you should do is MEET THEM. You gave yourself 24 hours! You said something happened delaying you for a few... so lets be generous and say that a few = 4 leaving you still 20 hours. It took me 1 hour to write a 1500 article the other day and that included spending some time sorting through every card in the game. So either the post should have been done with 19 hours to spare or im expecting the post is gonna be 'meaty' to the tune of 30,000 words. And lets not forget that just because you said it would be finished in the next 24 hours doesn't mean thats all the time you had. You had a hell of a lot more than 24 hours, its a weekly post not a daily post.

You asked us to hold you to it... how. Everytime you miss a deadline your response is 'yea I shouldn't have deadlines', instead of 'yea I should do my job'. I find that bizarre.

However im looking forward to the actual post itself.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 01:35:59 AM by Adorabear »
Goose got me loose!

Offline DrewUniverse

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2016, 02:20:52 AM »
Hey Bear, thanks for the reply. I agree with most of your statement, but ultimately I conveyed the wrong message - which is still a problem of its own. I know I need to do my job, this isn't about that for me, it's about how I do it without fail.

Anyway, this is what I have so far and I am still going with other threads that need to link with this one:

Offline Weak_Wolf

• In Vino Veritas
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2016, 02:30:17 AM »
Everything's being written up now. For those asking about keeping to the 24 hour timeframe I set, I apologize, I got a serious RL delay for a few hours. Teremus is right in that I should refrain from exact deadlines being public and stick to something more general, if at all.

You do realise that as community manager posting these posts is your REAL LIFE. Its your job lol. I would never tell my boss, 'yea I didnt do my job because something came up in real life'.

And no Teremus is not right on this (love you moose! bless me with cheese hallowed be thy antlers), you should not refrain from deadlines, what you should do is MEET THEM. You gave yourself 24 hours! You said something happened delaying you for a few... so lets be generous and say that a few = 4 leaving you still 20 hours. It took me 1 hour to write a 1500 article the other day and that included spending some time sorting through every card in the game. So either the post should have been done with 19 hours to spare or im expecting the post is gonna be 'meaty' to the tune of 30,000 words. And lets not forget that just because you said it would be finished in the next 24 hours doesn't mean thats all the time you had. You had a hell of a lot more than 24 hours, its a weekly post not a daily post.

You asked us to hold you to it... how. Everytime you miss a deadline your response is 'yea I shouldn't have deadlines', instead of 'yea I should do my job'. I find that bizarre.

However im looking forward to the actual post itself.

Wow, what a turn of events, im normally the one bashing the powers that be while moose and friends are defending them...

That being said lets cut the guy some slack. I think he got excited when going over this new big patch/change and he really wanted us to know that something was in the works. If anything him giving a timeframe and missing it only shows how excited he was for him to make such a silly mistake. I can forgive a mistake like this because it is good mannered and at the end of the day we are only waiting a few more hours to see what LM/Yodo are cooking up for us.

Am I upset that I am waiting a few extra hours... ofcourse, but if the news is as exciting as he makes it seem it may all be worth it. We will just have to wait and see for ourselves.

Hey Bear, thanks for the reply. I agree with most of your statement, but ultimately I conveyed the wrong message - which is still a problem of its own. I know I need to do my job, this isn't about that for me, it's about how I do it without fail.

Anyway, this is what I have so far and I am still going with other threads that need to link with this one:

Another tease, god dammit drew :( how can i read this... its too small!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 02:31:50 AM by Weak_Wolf »

Offline Weak_Wolf

• In Vino Veritas
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2016, 03:24:41 AM »
Only posting this to check timestamps between now and when i last posted, i think IW time at the top might be wrong, no way its been an hour.

It has indeed been an hour... your killing me drew... Was it posted in a different section? When its posted can you put a link in this thread incase I dont see it?