Author Topic: [CDC] Genesis Mission Card  (Read 4023 times)

Offline JLazeZ

• Let's D-D-D-D-D-D-D-DUEL
    • View Profile
Re: [CDC] Genesis Mission Card
« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2016, 01:37:29 PM »
Pyramid Of Advancement
Cost / 0
Purity / Double GI
Unique Mission

Sacrifice target Artificial Character, Pyramid Of Advancement gains X Blocks, X being the cost of the sacrificed Character.

For every 5 Blocks, Pyramid Of Advancement becomes 25% more complete.

Once completed, resurrect a Character from your Graveyard. It gains Untouchable and Lives 2.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 01:39:14 PM by JLazeZ »
Tullio and Ju-Lin carry Infinity Wars.

Offline krzych767

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2016, 02:21:48 PM »
Hardening The Armor

Purity: 2 GI
Cost: 4

Mission - Artificial

Target an Artificial card. At the end of your turn, Hardening the Armor becomes 18% more complete. When Hardening the Armor is complete, targeted card becomes indestructible.

"Artificial card" is meant to work on both artificial characters and cards like Omnitron (which says Unique Artifact - Artificial), if those would be implemented in the future.

Offline twlancer

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 07, 2016, 11:09:40 PM »
Card: C4I Retrofit
Purity: 2 Genesis Industries
Cost: 4
Rarity: Epic

Flavor: "We won't have time for bigger guns.   R&D is stretched as is.  As a stopgap, consider this.  If every machine can shoot like a sharpshooter with automatic fire, we'll clear the horde in no time.  Some updates to software and building a upscale computer, we can do this in a week.  My only question is this -- who's our best drone pilot for the targeting algorithms?" - Genesis Engineer to Lucca

Text: At the end of each turn, C4I Retrofit gains X%, where X is the difference of the sum of attack and HP values of all deployed characters you control and that of all deployed characters your opponent controls.  When C4I Retrofit gains 100%, all artificial characters you control (including those in your deck and any subsequent artificial token characters created) gain C4I Suite.

C4I Suite: Ability
A character gains +1/+1 and Reach for each deployed character you control that has C4I Suite.  The character also gains +2 attack for each character you control that has C4I Suite and is in the same zone as the character.

Some thoughts on the card:
The basis of the card is to reflect the edge that Genesis Industries would have with computing technology -- Command, Control, Communication, Computers Intelligence (C4I).  Utilized in other genre like the C3 computers in Battletech, the Geth from Mass Effect, or the cross-com tech from Ghost Recon/EndWar, the integrated communications links networks to transmit info between multiple units on the field.  That would translate into an ability that buffs the group when there are other units in play.  Given that Genesis Industries plays heavy on artificial characters, giving these artificial characters buffs through the use of a computer network plays to the GI's buff playstyle.  I thought of the buffing based on the whole network (hence +1/+1) on the battlefield and then, the buffing specific to each zone.  I chose attack rather than defense as I would presume that the information shared would more likely be used to neutralize a target rather than avoid it.

For the completion of the mission, I wanted to utilize a different mechanic from some of the other missions, like number of cards played or number of turns.  By taking the attack and HP of all deployed characters on each side and then comparing them to find out whether you gained or loss on completion status, it would give a back and forth swing, similar to the Verore mission Struggle for Power.  I thought it would be a way to reflect the time it takes to retrofit existing units.

Offline Onyx

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2016, 12:52:40 AM »
CDC has ended about an hour and 20 minutes ago.
Contest closed.

Already went through some of the entries.
Will go through the rest later when I wake up.

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2016, 10:54:23 PM »
Judgement results will be given 48 hours later - by the end of 9th of August, 23:30 IWT

Bump
Resident LoreNinja, Tavern-Ninja
Gao Han or Gao Home!
Into the Fray, a novel of Infinity Wars
Weekly Storywriting Stream

Offline ORISOLVE

• In the service of The Holy Roman Empire since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2016, 04:03:10 AM »
Oh noes, how do we hold him to this?
Where there's a will, there's a way.

Offline Onyx

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2016, 11:38:45 AM »
Hey guys.
I apologize for going over the deadline.
I wanted to throw everything into one post but it will be better if I announce the winners now and add a second post once I finish up writing the rest.

1st Place: Benionin - Efficient Use of Resources Task Force
2nd Place: Drewmb10 - Espionage
3rd Place: Number11 - Genesis Research

These are great cards that I would really like to try out in-game.

1st Place - Benionin
Efficient Use of Resources Task Force
Mission
2p GI
0 Cost

CARDNAME becomes 10% more complete for each unused resource. At the start of the turn, if CARDNAME is 100% complete, sacrifice it. This turn, you gain an additional 5 resources. Draw two cards.

These scraps have been requisitioned by the EURTF pursuant to Form 167, Subsection VII, Line 17. Filing paperwork in panic is advised.

Boosting resources is a Warpath thing but in this case, considering how the ability works I think it fits the faction very well. A mega corporation should be proficient at investing and managing its resources.
For saving up 10 resources you get 5 back and get to draw 2 cards. Normally you get to draw one for 5 resources, while Research gives you 2 for 3, Candit gives you 2 for 4 (+8 morale that you will surely lose) and Dark Wish gives you 3 for 5. Overall I think this is very well balanced, the player needs to plan well if he wants the ability to fire exactly when he wants to.

2nd Place – Drewmb10
Espionage
Cost: 1
Purity: 3 GI
Type: Unique Mission
 If you dealt damage to the enemy's fortress this turn, Espionage becomes 20% more complete. When Espionage reaches 100%, reveal each card from your opponent's hand at the end of the turn.
When they finally shot our drone out of the sky, it was too late... We already knew everything.
Most of GI cards are related to their technological advancements: huge robots, buffed up even bigger robots and vaporizing orbital death cannons. This card shows a different side of the faction. Genesis is a mega-corporation and as such should be no stranger to corporate espionage, back-stabbing and subterfuge.
You knowing what the opponent has in hand and the opponent knowing that "you know" could add another layer to the mind games.

3rd Place – Number11
Genesis Research
3 purity GI - Epic or Legendary
0 cost
Unique Mission
Opening

At the start of turn 2 you can Overcharge to get card X to your hand.
At the start of turn 4 you can Overcharge to get card Y to your hand.
At the start of turn 6 you can Overcharge to get card Z to your hand.
At the end of turn 6 remove Genesis Research from play.
Interesting concept that utilizes the digital aspect of the game. Reminds of the time when you could have a sneak peak at not released cards using Uncontrolled Rift.
Fits the Genesis very well – if they can move characters out of reality via CTA or Mass Reality Shift why couldn’t they pull in some cards from another reality?
The only bit I wasn't sure about is the cost you pay to get the cards- GR on the designated turns acts as a free, non-random trade post, although, due to the fact it’s unique and has “opening” you get to have only one copy of the X,Y,Z cards. Also, its power can be balanced by choosing appropriate cards from the next set and the opponent does know what sort of cards the Genesis player can pull which gives him some time to prepare.

-----
I would like to remind that the winner should contact Drew before posting a new challenge.

Offline ToxicShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 11, 2016, 01:16:48 PM »
Grats to the winners. Looking forward to the next challenge and the rest of the judgement :).

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 11, 2016, 05:57:22 PM »
Cool! I've never actually won one of these before.

Anyway, I sent Drew a message with my proposal for the next challenge. Hopefully I can get that up and running soon.
Resident LoreNinja, Tavern-Ninja
Gao Han or Gao Home!
Into the Fray, a novel of Infinity Wars
Weekly Storywriting Stream

Offline drewmb10

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 11, 2016, 07:56:57 PM »

Anyway, I sent Drew a message with my proposal for the next challenge. Hopefully I can get that up and running soon.

Nice work Beni! Hope to see your challenge soon!

Offline Number11

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 11, 2016, 09:15:42 PM »
Good win there Beni. Looking forward to the next challenge.

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 12, 2016, 01:39:18 AM »

Really? Thats actually rather surprising. Good job though your concept was really good. Pretty uniqiue concept with a very GI tone to it.

Offline DrewUniverse

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 12, 2016, 12:18:05 PM »
Prizes credited  - Congrats to the top three of Benionin, DrewMB10 and Number11! The next CDC is up and running since yesterday, click here to learn about Ben's challenge: http://forum.lightmare.com.au/index.php?topic=66449.0