Author Topic: [CDC] The Promised Land--Detailed Feedback Thread  (Read 2016 times)

Offline Number11

• View Profile
Re: [CDC] The Promised Land--Detailed Feedback Thread
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2016, 12:38:46 AM »
Its such a shame though i felt your cost lower idea was amazing. It prob wouldve had a good chance at winning with another effect

That certainly is true.

Offline Onyx

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2016, 06:53:48 PM »
I liked that cost reduction idea as well. It's something I would really like to see implemented in the game.

Big thanks to ToxicShadow and Benionin for a job well done! Going through all those entries was hard work.

Offline KingMickey

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2016, 05:15:15 PM »
Hi. First of all, thanks to both judges for their kind words, it means a lot :)

I'd like to post some justification on my part, after reading your thoughts.

Firstly, I made it risk-inducing and hard on requirements to play because it is a very powerful card (obviously) for counter-balance. The initial cost was probably the hardest part for me think-wise. I wanted to settle in 20 but it seemed rather small to me but then I didn't want to make it very big either cause it would be impossible to play. So, I ended with 23 (MJ <3).

About needing to sacrifice Angels; most Overseers character cards are rather frail and die too easy (from my experience). Depending on the circumstances, you may not be fast enough to get your Soldiers of Solace (for example) to Ascend because your opponent will already have set up a defense. And even Ascended/Flying, there are still many ways to kill them. Generally, Overseers seem very close to Flame Dawn playstyle-wise (though much more well-rounded, having good cards for both offense and defense etc). So, the player would benefit from his apparently 'weak' cards.

And lastly, the resurrection mechanic. I know coming back from the dead is mainly a Sleepers thing-as Undead. But (as I wrote in my entry), Overseers, known as superior beings from another plane of existence, with all this power at their disposal, plus being Angels, shouldn't they be able to bring someone back from the dead if they wanted to? Not mutilated, dismembered, rotten and such in any way (zombie) but exactly as he/she(/it?) was before. I believe it makes sense. This is also why one of the 2 titles of the card is Second Coming (biblical reference). About the card seeming more like an ability/mission than a location, yeah, this is prolly the weakest part. I had it in my mind like "the place where the Angels show their true power/their 'dominance'(in a peaceful way) begins" (the other title).

This I had to say. Congratulations to the winners and all who took part- this was my first ever participation in a challenge and honestly, though sad I didn't win, I feel good for taking part in such a competition with many good ideas and trying. And thank you two for your hard work :)