Author Topic: Weekly Post #19: Language Support & Tournament Update  (Read 3808 times)

Offline DrewUniverse

• View Profile
Weekly Post #19: Language Support & Tournament Update
« on: July 26, 2016, 03:17:28 AM »
Hey folks! I'm a bit overdue and need to get back on that weekly track we have for these posts, pronto! Today I'll be talking about Language support in the game, and a little bit about IW tournaments. For players who have asked a question about the game that have not gotten an answer, please PM me here on the forums and I'll get back to you.

Language Support

One thing I personally like about games, is when they can be played in multiple languages for the whole world to enjoy. I'm proud to announce that it's time to start adding additional languages to Infinity Wars. I'm seeking multilingual people in our community that would like to help translate the game.

Being bilingual can be easy, but I do want to make sure you have a great grasp on core English as well as the other language(s) you speak. Please send me, DrewUniverse, a forum PM (←handy link) with a small write-up of why you think you should be considered to help with the translation, and I'll respond.

Soon, I will post a sticky thread here on the forums indicating which languages are currently being translated, approximate % of completion, and so on. I'll do my best to make sure the translations are of high quality before being approved. This will be an ongoing project for a long time, but it's gonna be a great way to make Infinity Wars more accessible.

Tournaments

In a future update I'll be going into more detail, but for now I'd like to touch on the subject and some of what you can expect going forward. First, a big thank-you to anyone who has ever participated in our events, getting high and low placements alike. It's been awesome to see so many players take interest!

Events will continue to occur as usual, but I am preparing to resume my "Tournaments 2.0" push which will include a review of the prize format, stream improvements during events, extended stat breakdowns, revised event timings, and more things I'll discuss in a future Weekly Post. Just want you to know that I'm aware of possible improvements and we're going to address it in the near future.

In the meantime, just enjoy the current events as normal and I'll post detailed information as soon as it's ready! If you're interested in any events going on for Infinity Wars, be they official or player-created, you can keep track via this sticky thread on the Lightmare forums. Event listings have been updated for this week, Thursday thru Saturday.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 05:02:43 AM by DrewUniverse »

Offline Pelagoth

• Sock Puppet
    • View Profile
Re: Weekly Post #19: Language Support & Tournament Update
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2016, 06:20:42 AM »
Could we rename the weekly Posts to "informative updates post" or something like that? Suggestions welcome. I am sincere about this. Takes pressure off of you and justifies the (by now) many missing weekly posts. It's both in your interest and that of the community, who are by now confused when to expect "weekly" posts.

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2016, 06:24:42 AM »
Perhaps "Development News." After all, we are in the "News and Developer Talk" part of the forums.
Resident LoreNinja, Tavern-Ninja
Gao Han or Gao Home!
Into the Fray, a novel of Infinity Wars
Weekly Storywriting Stream

Offline DrewUniverse

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2016, 07:28:03 AM »
Could we rename the weekly Posts to "informative update post" or something like that? I am sincere about this. Takes pressure off of you and justifies the (by now) many missing weekly posts.
Perhaps "Development News." After all, we are in the "News and Developer Talk" part of the forums.

I replied to the first copy of Pelagoth's question in a different thread, but I'll copy my response here so it's more visible:

It would be fitting, many groups do use that sort of naming system and use estimated update intervals. It's a good concept. That said, this is how I feel about it:
  • Retro-actively justifying previous missing posts sounds like sweeping my mistake under a rug.  It wouldn't be honest.
  • I am very capable of doing these posts once every calendar week, and need to start showing it. Plus, you guys get more frequent official updates that way!
For now, I think your proposal would be unnecessary.  Thank you very much for the kind consideration though~
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 07:29:50 AM by DrewUniverse »

Offline JLazeZ

• Let's D-D-D-D-D-D-D-DUEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2016, 10:06:08 PM »
It's a good side option to have. In case your workload gets too heavy. Plus Benionin's name for it sounds good.
Tullio and Ju-Lin carry Infinity Wars.

Offline zekses

• Translator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2016, 10:44:36 PM »
I will be available to translate into Russian once again when the game is at least as stable as it was prior to 2.1 and the sleeper lag is fixed. Because unlike devs I am not getting paid for that and I don't want to waste my time on something that doesn't even work properly. (not to mention deck builder is botched and translation requires a LOT of card browsing)

Currently, I don't even have the game installed, so as not to be tempted to repeat the trainwreck my last draft was.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 10:47:40 PM by zekses »

Offline keyranaway

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2016, 08:47:19 AM »
I can translate into the criptic language of the NaCl.

Offline SuicideMaster

• Translator
    • View Profile
    • Group about Infinity Wars in Vkontakte
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2016, 04:42:48 PM »
Aloha.
I found russian localization already in game. I have some questions about that:
1) Who translate this localization?
2) Why this localisation is outdated?
3) Why localization from that post http://forum.lightmare.com.au/index.php?topic=65684.0 wasn't added?
https://vk.com/infinitywarstcg - группа Infinity Wars в контакте (Infinity Wars community in Vkontakte)
www.TCGO.ru – русскоязычный сайт об Infinity Wars и других цифровых ККИ (Russian site about Infinity Wars and other digital TCGs).

Offline DrewUniverse

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2016, 05:25:53 PM »
I'll be blunt .

Adding russian language to the game without first letting the people who made the card translation check how it works on PBE is extremely dumb. I've also explicitly expressed the fact that we've only translated cards to both Rikki and Drew. The translation is not ready, unless you've contracted someone else. Enabling it is ...

Hi Zekses. Russian is being revisited 100% along with beginning prep for other languages. I just looked and noticed Russian got back in at some point, however. Okay, I'll see what I can do.

Offline DrewUniverse

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2016, 05:27:54 PM »
Aloha.
I found russian localization already in game. I have some questions about that:
1) Who translate this localization?
2) Why this localisation is outdated?
3) Why localization from that post http://forum.lightmare.com.au/index.php?topic=65684.0 wasn't added?

This translation is missing some of the Russian text that was given, I think I know why and I'll try and get that re-instated. As for the rest of the translation being incomplete, I don't know why it ended like that. However, the Russian translation is being revisited as part of this project, and will be completed 100% ASAP. I'm going to do the best I can.

Offline ORISOLVE

• In the service of The Holy Roman Empire since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2016, 06:12:51 PM »
Fabrika Online.  :'(
Where there's a will, there's a way.

Offline SuicideMaster

• Translator
    • View Profile
    • Group about Infinity Wars in Vkontakte
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2016, 07:41:53 PM »
Daily rewards doesnt appears when localization turned in. Also some xp/ip booster and rift tokens unseen in inventory.
https://vk.com/infinitywarstcg - группа Infinity Wars в контакте (Infinity Wars community in Vkontakte)
www.TCGO.ru – русскоязычный сайт об Infinity Wars и других цифровых ККИ (Russian site about Infinity Wars and other digital TCGs).

Offline k10000

• Translator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2016, 09:02:10 AM »
I am ready to do the translation to spanish, i just need to know how do you want it done

Offline dpfarce

• Translator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2016, 10:34:26 PM »
What thread is this from?

edit: found it
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 10:41:16 PM by dpfarce »