Author Topic: Patch Notes - Version 2.1  (Read 16707 times)

Offline MerliniX

• View Profile
Re: Patch Notes - Version 2.1
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2016, 11:18:07 PM »

He was asking for confirmation of the word "launch" meaning this pack or when pre-orders hit.  It sounds like you are saying the cards are going legal in ranked before pre-orders?

The launch of 2.1, our patch that we just deployed. Draft legality is in effect for Wave 1 of Rebellion, ranked legality will come soon.

I hear you re: the disadvantage concern, but I sincerely doubt the new eight cards can trump the general meta all that easily. That said, we're going to watch the results closely and if a change proves necessary, we can make a change.

...2cov soa face burn beats the meta. All of the meta. I don't understand how this still isn't clear.

Offline Symphony

• "...you've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2016, 12:28:58 AM »
Wow, its on this patch launch. I'm speechless, you guys are complete idiots.

Offline DrewUniverse

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2016, 07:39:34 AM »

A hotfix has been pushed to the live server effective immediately (aka your next login)

2.1.0 Hotfix

• Fixed a bug with Taiga where she was triggering from any card’s death, not just Artificials.
  • Ixxi now respects the Unique rule and won’t play if you control another Ixxi.
  • Fixed a bug with Super Infectious Zombie that was preventing him from giving Infect.

Offline Pelagoth

• Sock Puppet
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2016, 04:33:12 PM »
WAIT! Ixxi actually got implemented into the game in the current state?

I'll need a longer vacation from Hearthstone Infinity Wars.

Offline MerliniX

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2016, 05:59:48 PM »
WAIT! Ixxi actually got implemented into the game in the current state?

I'll need a longer vacation from Hearthstone Infinity Wars.

Yeah... I uninstalled after reading the patch notes...

Offline Rionoskae

• Rawr
    • View Profile
    • Straight2ThePint.com
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2016, 08:42:43 PM »
Still say this whole ixxi thing is being blown out of proportion. In a few weeks, everyone will go back to ignoring exiles again.

Having Ixxi in play hasn't impacted the result of the game one way or another in my (limited) experience playing with him thus far.

Offline Pelagoth

• Sock Puppet
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2016, 10:16:18 PM »
Still say this whole ixxi thing is being blown out of proportion. In a few weeks, everyone will go back to ignoring exiles again.

Having Ixxi in play hasn't impacted the result of the game one way or another in my (limited) experience playing with him thus far.
Who cares? That card is pure toxicity and fills no purpose in IW. Its existance is futile and only creates new salt mines where none are needed.

I'm not even debating anymore wether it is good or bad, from a competitive point of view. I'm questioning its existance altogethar. Tell me a reason why such a card is good to have in the game and we can take it from there.

Offline MerliniX

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2016, 10:23:59 PM »

Who cares? That card is pure toxicity and fills no purpose in IW. Its existance is futile and only creates new salt mines where none are needed.

I'm not even debating anymore wether it is good or bad, from a competitive point of view. I'm questioning its existance altogethar. Tell me a reason why such a card is good to have in the game and we can take it from there.

It reduces server strain from fewer people playing. Reducing server strain is a good thing.

Offline Rionoskae

• Rawr
    • View Profile
    • Straight2ThePint.com
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2016, 10:46:34 PM »

The same reason why cards like Shrine to the Heavens, CCD, Quest for Balance, etc exist. They might not always be 'competitive' cards but the offer up something unique and different to the game that many (including myself) are thankful for. For the very few unique cards that we do get there are far too many voices of opposition that want to see everything be 'more in line with everything else'.

I'm not saying you have to agree with me. Just calling it how i see it. It's refreshing to see new cards that are in stark contrast to what we already have available to us. It's not toxic...not in my eyes. It's another element in the Exiles arsenal that makes use of RNG. I'm fine with people complaining about it AFTER a few weeks have gone by and they've had time to play test it properly. As it stands everyone is just jumping on the "it's f*cking hyper toxic" bullsh*t wagon because a few veteran players don't like it.

I for one enjoy the new mechanics that are being brought to the table...i'm so tired of playing hyper FD rush and Genesis buff bullsh*t over and over and over again. Not because they are too strong...because they are so terribly dull to play against. You know the only deck that is really going to be disrupted by having their momentum thrown off for one turn? FD rush. I'm fine with this. I'm fine with the fact that the card will probably not impact 75% of games anyways (since most end by turn 7-9) and i'm fine with people voicing their opinions on how they think the card is going to effect the meta (good or bad). What i'm not a fan of is everyone throwing their arms in the air and threatening to quit the game when Lightmare finally does start to get some momentum going again...you're not helping the game you claim to love so much...you're kind of just being an assh*le... (this last statement is not aimed at you pelagoth...just addressing some of the negativity i've seen around here as of late)

Shots Fired!
If shots fired would go into the graveyard this turn it instead is shuffled back into your opponents deck and it's cost is increased by 2. If you have shots fired in your hand it must be played this turn.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 11:07:59 PM by Rionoskae »

Offline MerliniX

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2016, 11:07:11 PM »

The same reason why cards like Shrine to the Heavens, CCD, Quest for Balance, etc exist. They might not always be 'competitive' cards but the offer up something unique and different to the game that many (including myself) are thankful for. For the very few unique cards that we do get there are far too many voices of opposition that want to see everything be 'more in line with everything else'.

I'm not saying you have to agree with me. Just calling it how i see it. It's refreshing to see new cards that are in stark contrast to what we already have available to us. It's not toxic...not in my eyes. It's another element in the Exiles arsenal that makes use of RNG. I'm fine with people complaining about it AFTER a few weeks have gone by and they've had time to play test it properly. As it stands everyone is just jumping on the "it's f*cking hyper toxic" bullsh*t wagon because a few veteran players don't like it.

I for one enjoy the new mechanics that are being brought to the table...i'm so tired of playing hyper FD rush and Genesis buff bullsh*t over and over and over again. Not because they are too strong...because they are so terribly dull to play against.

I would love fresh new mechanics to be added to the game. Of the 8 cards that have been released from Rebellion, however, the only one to have a new mechanic is Ixxi.

Now, the issue with Ixxi is NOT that he is too strong. The issue with Ixxi is that he removes a factor of skill from the playing of the game.

90% of the games Ixxi is played in he will fail to have a decisive impact one way or the other. He will be a turn one demon tribal card and fail to fill any other role beside that. 7-8% of the games he is played in he will be drawn at 4 cost on a critical turn by the opponent and will cause them to lose a fatal amount of tempo instantly, or will block them from playing the game on a critical turn and thus cause them to lose. 2-3% of the time Ixxi will be redrawn by its owner at 7 cost and instantly lose the Ixxi player the game.

Regardless of any player skill between the two players, regardless of whether player A has been outplaying player B the entire game and has a great plan that would otherwise be sure to end in their victory, Ixxi will 7-8% of the time just instantly cause them to lose. This is not okay design.

A well designed card is a card that has strengths and weaknesses, and promotes play and counter play from the opponent. The primary counter play to Ixxi is 'hope you don't draw it on a critical turn'.

There are thousands of ways LM could make new and interesting cards that lead to new and exciting and as of yet undreamed of decks that we the players could explore. Ixxi, however, does not do this. He just goes into the Ex decks that already exist, adds little to nothing to them in terms of actual play strength, but will sometimes randomly win the game anyway.

Offline Rionoskae

• Rawr
    • View Profile
    • Straight2ThePint.com
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2016, 11:13:33 PM »
I do see what you're saying here. I appreciate the math (or at least estimations) that he will effect the outcome of the game. But that is kind of always been Exiles jam... randomness. What i'd like to find out is, of those 7-8% times he is drawn does it infact determine the outcome of the game? What kind of impact does it actually have? Theory is great and all...I just don't see him being as game breaking as everyone else.

As far as removing a factor of skill from the game. I mean calamity exists, and i've finally come around to believing it is in fact a healthy card for the game in it's current state....but kicking ass and clearing your opponents entire offensive line is so easily undone in a card that can be thrown into any deck. Does this effect the meta as much as Ixxi might? Maybe.... In my eyes they are both one in the same.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 11:23:18 PM by Rionoskae »

Offline Darshu

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2016, 05:09:13 AM »
Sure Ixxi has a small chance of making you pay 4, but by the time that happens if it does the Exile users cards left in deck as so low its almost guaranteed to backfire on the Exile player.  I don't see why Ixxi would make anyone stop playing it's hardly a reliable card. I not arguing if Ixxi is or isn't balance just that i doubt it's going to impact a large number of games, especially when Exiles are that popular in the first place.

I mean calamity exists, and i've finally come around to believing it is in fact a healthy card for the game in it's current state.

Heresy! Calamity doesn't belong is this game. It's a get out of jail free card, that is factionless.... you have to play against every deck as if you're going to be wiped on turn 10-11. basically making almost every deck/match a win before calamity or stall until after calamity. They should rename this game to Calamity Wars. Ive never played any card game where every deck revolved so strongly around 1 card. If you're not playing with calamity your gimping yourself, end of story.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 05:16:46 AM by Darshu »

Offline Adorabear

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2016, 11:58:45 AM »
If you're not playing with calamity your gimping yourself, end of story.

I gimp myself most of the time then lol
Goose got me loose!

Offline InvertedEye

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2016, 12:27:50 PM »
Bleh I am so tired of noobs thinking calamity is some kind of I win button, most decks are better off without the card.

Offline Darshu

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2016, 01:23:14 PM »
Bleh I am so tired of noobs thinking calamity is some kind of I win button, most decks are better off without the card.

I never said it was a "I win button" i said it was a get out of jail card. Its the card you play when either your opponent has a lot more to lose on the board then you or if your about to die. We could argue about whether having a wipe card (aka the card you play when the opponent overwhelms you) be accessible by every faction is balanced, but you have clearly already made up your mind. It doesn't take 3000 hours of game time to be able to see that giving everyone access to a board wipe isn't a good idea. It's actually pretty obvious to any experienced tcg player. Probably like those newbs to infinity wars who disagree with you.

I also said not using it is gimping yourself. it's a free oh crap I'm going to lose i better reset the board card. It's like throwing all the chess piece off the board and saying "Do over!" Cards like that belong in card games but not unrestricted to anyone any faction any time. In my experience id say around 7 out of 10 times if i have a overwhelming force on the board the player pulls out a calamity, regardless of the faction. Balance aside, that's not healthy diversity, that's a crutch.  The problem imo is that the game feels like Calamity Wars when i see it played so often by every faction.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 01:35:37 PM by Darshu »