Author Topic: Patch Notes - Version 2.1  (Read 16691 times)

Offline Klassick

• View Profile
Re: Patch Notes - Version 2.1
« Reply #135 on: July 23, 2016, 05:03:59 PM »
Maybe have more fixed deck tourneys or just a fixed deck leaderboard.

+1

How about disable the Queue Conspiracy? That would solve most of the long queue times, but it might unbalance the game.

+2

Offline DrewUniverse

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 26, 2016, 05:18:07 AM »
A hotfix has been deployed as of right now, here are the details:

2.1.0c Hotfix

• Fixed an exploit where cards that couldn’t attack or block could be played for no resource cost. As a result, Grotesque Brute will be once again enabled for play.
  • Gabrielle, the Torch in the Dark’s cost has been increased to 3 (was previously 2).
  • Super Infectious Zombie’s power has been increased to 6 (was previously 4).
  • Fixed an incorrect link for the Forgot Password and Submit a Bug buttons where it was pointing to the old wedbite.
  • Fixed an incorrect link for the Facebook button.
  • Pras, Traitor of Dawn’s effect now shows up in the Battle Log.

Offline MerliniX

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 26, 2016, 05:40:47 AM »
A hotfix has been deployed as of right now, here are the details:

2.1.0c Hotfix

• Fixed an exploit where cards that couldn’t attack or block could be played for no resource cost. As a result, Grotesque Brute will be once again enabled for play.
  • Gabrielle, the Torch in the Dark’s cost has been increased to 3 (was previously 2).
  • Super Infectious Zombie’s power has been increased to 6 (was previously 4).
  • Fixed an incorrect link for the Forgot Password and Submit a Bug buttons where it was pointing to the old wedbite.
  • Fixed an incorrect link for the Facebook button.
  • Pras, Traitor of Dawn’s effect now shows up in the Battle Log.

It's good to know that major balance changes that affect both Draft and Normals are being posted on page ten of prior patch notes instead of someplace where players will actually see them.

Offline DrewUniverse

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 26, 2016, 05:54:58 AM »

It's good to know that major balance changes that affect both Draft and Normals are being posted on page ten of prior patch notes instead of someplace where players will actually see them.

I understand your need to be passive-aggressive, but I'm gonna be sincere with you. Yes, you make a good point. In retrospect I should make it a separate thread; doing so now. That said, this was far from a whisper/invisible update. The news was shared in-game in the Message of the Day, in multiple social media posts, and elsewhere. You would need to ignore almost every delivery form we have to miss it. I was just now getting around to Discord, which is probably why you missed it in particular.

Offline Adorabear

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 26, 2016, 01:12:38 PM »
Wrote a piece of jibber jabber about calamity including a list of counters :) Thought id put the link here where the discussion was.

http://www.digitalcardgames.ninja/home/2016/7/26/calamity-wars
Goose got me loose!

Offline ORISOLVE

• In the service of The Holy Roman Empire since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 26, 2016, 06:55:53 PM »
Sorry, I don't read white webpages.

Edit: Hellmouth has no space.
#sucky, Pilgrimage Monk can dodge Calamity and she wasn't mentioned. Xi Ascended and Regular should be mentioned as a post Calamity Counters.  ;D
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 06:57:57 PM by ORISOLVE »
Where there's a will, there's a way.

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 26, 2016, 08:31:01 PM »
Wrote a piece of jibber jabber about calamity including a list of counters :) Thought id put the link here where the discussion was.

http://www.digitalcardgames.ninja/home/2016/7/26/calamity-wars

Should mention calamitying FD most of the time helps them more than hurts them
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 10:26:33 PM by Hiding »

Offline Number11

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 27, 2016, 10:50:53 PM »
Sorry, I don't read white webpages.

Then you must not read the search results on google.  ;)

Offline Rawonall

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 09, 2016, 11:50:05 PM »
Any news?

Draft queues will now try to match players as best it can vs a new opponent and only allow matching against the same player after a certain cool-down period.[/li][/list]

Two questions:

First, the exact time period please, if it has already been decided (I guess it hasn't because there would be no need to keep it secret)

Second: is the cool-down relative to the end of the last game, or to the pushing of the new match button?

It's really relevant because for those who REALLY don't want to be matched against the same deck two times in a row, case one leaves no options but hoping for a really quick pairing against somebody else (and needs to be changed) but case two allows for a workaround: if I know the "certain time period" to be 4 minutes, for example, I just click "new match" and after 3:30 cancel and click again so I can artificially extend the pointless cool down time in order to reach the original purpose and be guaranteed to avoid my nemesis.

Heya Rawonall, the team's gone to bed now after pulling a late night on the update but I'll try to get an answer from the dev that did this code and give you an update on this soon.

Offline DrewUniverse

• View Profile
    « Reply #144 on: August 18, 2016, 04:09:33 AM »
    Hey Rawonall. I have news on this, and sorry for the drop-off. I'll answer as best I can.

The basic way that the matchmaker works right now, is that it starts by looking for two people with very similar MMR. The acceptable MMR difference widens over time, basically each time that glowy-thing in the top left corner pulses. We have a number in place where the game decides that if two players' MMR is over this number, it would be worse for them to be paired together, and better to play a repeat opponent. We're talking about when you end up nearly getting matched with "God" when you're a tiny bug for example, that kind of difference. This limit and preference for a repeat opponent is meant to start when about ten of these pulses have taken place. Currently the game is doing that sooner in some cases, and was not intended. It will be corrected with the next patch that is coming out next week. (You'll hear about that in the next Weekly Post)

There is no set cooldown time, as each pulse is slightly random in length, but if you count the pulses and average them you'll get a good understanding of when it starts being more likely you will get a repeat opponent. Again, about ten pulses in the upper-left corner.

I hope this answer helped!

Offline Adorabear

• View Profile
    « Reply #145 on: August 18, 2016, 05:22:16 AM »
    Draft should never pair you with the same player 2 games in a row its stupid. And its stupid that its been 'fixed' 4 times now and still isnt fixed. It should just never happen ever.
    Goose got me loose!

Offline Pelagoth

• Sock Puppet
      • View Profile
    « Reply #146 on: August 18, 2016, 10:07:24 AM »
    Draft should never pair you with the same player 2 games in a row its stupid. And its stupid that its been 'fixed' 4 times now and still isnt fixed. It should just never happen ever.
    This.

I'd also like to add, that this was the last thing that happened the last time I logged into IW and is keeping me from logging in. Scarred for life. That and RL issues.

Offline NTL

• If you think I'm wrong - think harder...
      • View Profile
    « Reply #147 on: August 18, 2016, 11:46:26 AM »
    Draft should never pair you with the same player 2 games in a row its stupid.
    Agree. Why does MMR exist in draft in the first place? Also we have too small playerbase for it, players often complain in global chat that they can't find any game. At lest change numbers to allow faster queue times.

Offline drewmb10

• View Profile
    « Reply #148 on: August 18, 2016, 12:59:01 PM »
    Draft should never pair you with the same player 2 games in a row its stupid.
    Agree. Why does MMR exist in draft in the first place? Also we have too small playerbase for it, players often complain in global chat that they can't find any game. At lest change numbers to allow faster queue times.

Yes. Keep (or implement) players from being paired multiple times in a row and do away with MMR in draft.

Offline Rawonall

• View Profile
    « Reply #149 on: August 18, 2016, 05:40:57 PM »
    Hey Rawonall. I have news on this, and sorry for the drop-off. I'll answer as best I can.

I hope this answer helped!

Yes thank you, it was helpful. Now I know it's possible (albeit time consuming and not failure-proof)  to manually avoid being paired with somebody for two times in a row, but I'm still on the same train as the other players requesting that it should become impossible. At least, please, add an "opt out" option in the player's profile. If you really think back to back pairings are tolerable and the default behaviour of the matchmaking algorithm is that they can happen under certain circumstances (I don't know how many players agree with that, never seen even a single one really) at least allow people to dodge that nonsense by adding that option.
    I don't care about MMR really, from my point of view it's nothing more than a convoluted way to persuade people to create an alt specifically for drafting purposes... and when everybody will have one, then it would become pointless just as if it didn't exist.