Author Topic: Patch Notes - Version 2.1  (Read 19526 times)

Offline DrewUniverse

• View Profile
Patch Notes - Version 2.1
« on: July 19, 2016, 08:51:07 AM »
Hey people! In conjunction with the server maintenance, the following changes will be included in patch 2.1 - first I'll give a brief summary, followed by the usual bullet points.  Server-up should be roughly 11am IWT (GMT/UTC).

The new expansion is incoming! Rebellion is nigh. Up first is Wave 1; eight cards to ease us into the new set. They'll be draft legal as soon as the server is up from maintenance, with ranked legality to follow soon. Speaking of the draft, we're expanding the leaderboard to be the top 100 players (previously top 50). Also, we think we fixed the issue with running into the same opponent 3/4/5 times in a row in Draft, but let me know if it's persisting for anybody.

The Wave 1 penta packs will be 200 LP / 4000 IP - it is a slight increase but do remember you're getting 1 Rare+, in addition to one of the new rares for Rebellion.

What else is happening? Well, an assortment of things. We're kicking off version 2.1 with a one-month double IP gain (except draft rewards). We've also been developing the battle record feature for a while, and we're ready to release it with iterative updates to come in the future. Yes, we made sure it doesn't tell you which character Hunt targets. In case you ever see the battle log acting incorrectly, battle log issues can be submitted as bug reports.

In the store, items you already own will now have an "Owned" tag on them. Matchmaking will now take player level into account somewhat, the "match me against other new players" button is back and should be working more like we intended it to, and we also have simplified Chinese localization added into the game. If you're curious about more languages being supported, stay tuned because good news is about to arrive on that topic. (and if you can help translate, PM me here on the forums or via the community Discord server).

The trade interface has received its first update in awhile, now showing soulbound copies. No more are the days when we saw 1 tradable copy, and wondered if we had 2 more copies which were soulbound. You can see it right in the trade window. Some of the instability with the list of each player's cards glitching out should also be removed, if not entirely.

Last but not least, remember those pesky deckbuilder-related crashes? Yodomare has worked on this issue and we feel that the deckbuilder-related memory crashes have been mitigated at the very least. I've started a poll here on the forums asking for anyone who has had deckbuilder crashes, to see how it is after some usage of the deckbuilder in patch 2.1.

Okay, story mode is over, on to the bullet points!

Full Patch Notes

• Rebellion Wave 1 has been released! These 8 new cards will be the first of four installments from the new Rebellion set. In total, the set will include ~100 cards. New Rebellion PentaPack can be purchased in store and guarantees the drop of one of the following new cards in addition to another Rare or above card:

• Tullio, the Duelist (Flame Dawn)
    • Taiga, Apprentice Architect (Genesis Industries)
    • Shockwave Giant (Warpath)
    • Death Blast (Cult of Verore)
    • The Impervious (DoD)
    • Gabrielle, the Torch in the Dark (Overseers)
    • Ixxi, the Annoying (Exiles)
    • Super Infectious Zombie (Sleepers)
  • Rebellion Wave 1 cards will be Draft legal upon launch and is planned to be Ranked legal shortly after launch.  For Draft mode, the following rules will apply to Rebellion Wave 1 cards:
    • Legal in both command and deck:
      • Tullio, the Duelist (Flame Dawn)
      • Taiga, Apprentice Architect (Genesis Industries)
      • Shockwave Giant (Warpath)
      • Gabrielle, the Torch in the Dark (Overseers)
      • Ixxi, the Annoying (Exiles)
      • Super Infectious Zombie (Sleepers)
    • Legal in deck only:
      • The Impervious (DoD)
      • Death Blast (Cult of Verore)
    • Weekly Draft Leaderboard rewards have been expanded from Top 50 spots to Top 100. Weekly Leaderboards will reset with the following rewards:
      • 1st: 3 Infinity Border cards (1 x common, 1 x uncommon, 1 x rare or above) (soulbound) + 3 Gold Rare or above + 5 Collection Pentapacks
      • 2nd thru 5th:   2 Gold Rares or above + 5 Collection Pentapacks
      • 6 thru 25:  1 Gold Rare or above + 5 Collection Pentapacks
      • 26 thru 50: 1 Gold Rare or above + 3 Collection Pentapacks
      • 51 thru 75:  1 Gold Uncommon or above + 2 Collection Pentapacks
      • 76 thru 100:  1 Gold Common or above + 1 Collection Pentapack

• We have increased the IP reward for each completed game by 100%, enabling players to earn IP twice as quickly!

• Introducing the first iteration of the Battle Record feature. Players will be provided with a turn by turn history of all actions and movements taken by both the player and opponent. This battle log will also allow players to track the fortress and morale damage that they have both given and received each turn.  We will continue to enhance the Battle Record feature to include more information in upcoming updates.

• Matchmaking will now take into account player level when pairing two players.

• We've brought back the option for newer players to select to only be paired with other newer players when queueing for Normal matches.

• Language Update - Addition of Simplified Chinese localization

User Interface Changes/Optimizations
  • Trade interface optimization. Players can now view their soulbound cards in the trade interface (marked with a lock) so that they don't need to exit from trade to check their soulbound cards.  Offers for trade are now limited by the number of cards available for trade; previously, players could offer to trade up to eight cards, even when less than 8 were owned. We have also fixed a bug in the trade filter that prevented players from filtering their own cards by factions.
  • Addition of an "OWNED" icon over previously purchased "one-time purchase items" such as avatars and battlefields. Players will no longer need to check their profile to know which battlefield, icon, or avatar they have already purchased.  You can still purchase additional copies of these owned items and gift to other players.
  • Memory optimization for Deck Builder interface. This should help to reduce the occurrence of game crashes inside of the deck builder due to out of memory errors.

Bug Fixes
  • Fixed a bug that allowed Draft players to be matched immediately with the same player from the previous match.  Draft queues will now try to match players as best it can vs a new opponent and only allow matching against the same player after a certain cool-down period.
  • Other Miscellaneous bug fixes
[/list]
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 10:07:20 AM by DrewUniverse »

Offline Adorabear

• View Profile
Re: Patch Notes - Version 2.1
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2016, 09:00:42 AM »
First! Mwahaha I never get to do this! :P
Goose got me loose!

Offline Darshu

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2016, 09:05:56 AM »
Nice, that all sounds great. Is there any word on legacy titles being fixed or looked at? Also TIL  GMT =  Greenwich Mean Time. I dunno where that is, but it sounds like a scary place to live.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 09:09:33 AM by Darshu »

Offline DrewUniverse

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2016, 09:26:43 AM »
Nice, that all sounds great. Is there any word on legacy titles being fixed or looked at? Also TIL  GMT =  Greenwich Mean Time. I dunno where that is, but it sounds like a scary place to live.

We looked at the issue for legacy titles a second time, a few weeks ago. We checked with several players and got 100% confirmations at the time, but in retrospect I should've run a feedback thread similar to the one I did this time for deckbuilder crash checking (post-2.1). I'll be able to ask the team about it once we're done deploying patch 2.1

And yes, Greenwich Mean Time can appear spooky <_<

Fun trivia, the word "mean" in this case refers to the mathematical term: the "average" of a set of numbers. Just like how "median" is the middle number, and "mode" is the most. Also, GMT is technically an inactive time zone right now, if I read current time zone statuses correctly. Even if that's the case, though, here's a tip: GMT=UTC, and UTC is always an active time zone. We're a weird species when it comes to the concept of time, huh?

Offline CommunistMountain

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2016, 09:35:09 AM »
So is this 'Wave 1 Pentapack' the equivalent of preorder packs, meaning that platinum preorder cards are gone? Or does the multiple Waves promise plat cards in the future? What can we expect from further waves? Guaranteed cards like the 8 revealed already?

Offline OneTwo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2016, 09:49:54 AM »
So is this 'Wave 1 Pentapack' the equivalent of preorder packs, meaning that platinum preorder cards are gone?

No - this time the Pre-Order is more a Post-Order.
The Plats will be available, after all "Wave-Sets" are released and the whole set is finalized.

Offline Adorabear

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2016, 09:51:20 AM »
So is this 'Wave 1 Pentapack' the equivalent of preorder packs, meaning that platinum preorder cards are gone? Or does the multiple Waves promise plat cards in the future? What can we expect from further waves? Guaranteed cards like the 8 revealed already?

As I understand it all the waves will be purchasable separately as they come out and then when they are all out they will do a pre-order of the whole set and those will be plat.

Or something like that
Goose got me loose!

Offline DrewUniverse

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2016, 10:18:10 AM »

In this case, Adorabear has your answer. These are for people who value early usage, and preorder / plats will be distributed when the full set comes out. You can read all the exact details of the release plan in one of our recent developer announcements: http://forum.lightmare.com.au/index.php?topic=66296.0

Offline Darshu

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2016, 11:10:08 AM »
Thanks Drew. I know its a small thing, but i appreciate it.

Offline Trevinburgh

• View Profile
    • IWgamewiki
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2016, 11:20:34 AM »
Once the new cards go live for Constructed, will there be a chance of them dropping from ordinary penta packs? Or will that only happen once the whole set has been released? I couldn't work this out from the weekly post.

Offline Symphony

• "...you've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2016, 11:38:31 AM »
When you say ranked legal upon launch, you mean the launch of the entire set, right?

Offline Crestmoor

• Infinity Wars Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2016, 11:43:41 AM »
Once the new cards go live for Constructed, will there be a chance of them dropping from ordinary penta packs? Or will that only happen once the whole set has been released? I couldn't work this out from the weekly post.

Yes, there will be a chance of these new cards dropping from standard collection penta packs as well as the corresponding faction penta packs
Crestmoor the Omnimind
-----------------------------
Draft deck with Omnimind, Lanstead and War Machine = A can of WhoopAss for all occasions

Offline Crestmoor

• Infinity Wars Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2016, 11:45:52 AM »
Servers are up!
Crestmoor the Omnimind
-----------------------------
Draft deck with Omnimind, Lanstead and War Machine = A can of WhoopAss for all occasions

Offline player13

• Drop bears are actually a thing. Silly Aussies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2016, 01:04:33 PM »
Loving the updates and the communication, and the general direction you guys are taking this game.

Also, my first Wave1 Penta came with an Impervious and a Virus of Avarrach.  :)

Offline MerliniX

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2016, 02:30:40 PM »
When you say ranked legal upon launch, you mean the launch of the entire set, right?

Lol.