Author Topic: Extremely bad marketing  (Read 1492 times)

Offline zekses

• Translator
    • View Profile
Extremely bad marketing
« on: July 17, 2016, 01:58:47 PM »
I once said that yodomare has yet to fk up in a major way with this game. I just realized I was wrong.

Remember that Reborn/Discount DLC thingie? Exactly how many patches have we had since and how good the communication has been to show the newer players the commitment yodo1 has for this game? Yep, you guessed it.

P.S. This is not just to dump salt on the forums. This is a problem that needs fixing and urgently so.

Whoever joined the game recently doesn't care that vets  can talk to Drew on the forums for tidbits of information. What they will see is a massive communication void and their bugreports being largely ignored. Whatever is happening inside yodo, these players won't see it and as a result might get frustrated and leave.

Questions  that urgently need to be addressed somewhere official:
0) Why can't I skip the tutorial and go directly to game menu?
1) Where is the rest of the campaign, am I missing something?
2) Why do I have to be level 20 to go ranked?
3) Why is fixed deck mode so empty?
4) How does initiaitve work for deploy/end of turn phases?
5) Is this all there is about academy missions?
6) How do faction packs work? What can I expect upon buying one?
7) Where do I get to see some proper decks to start my own deckbuilding with established ideas?
8) How to create a deck in deckbuilder? (yes, yes, I know, it's more or less intuitive, but there should be a tutorial for that)
9) How does rift run works? Why am I getting repeatedly slaughtered? Are these people cheating?
10) How do I know my bugreport is being worked on? I have submitted some but nothing is happening.

Things like that. It isn't hard to answer these, sometimes the answers already exist, but some of those really need to be inserted into the client as a message popup or a hint button while others still need to be answered publically.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 02:30:57 PM by zekses »

Offline Weak_Wolf

• In Vino Veritas
    • View Profile
Re: Extremely bad marketing
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2016, 12:57:52 AM »

Questions  that urgently need to be addressed somewhere official:
0) Why can't I skip the tutorial and go directly to game menu?
1) Where is the rest of the campaign, am I missing something?
2) Why do I have to be level 20 to go ranked?
3) Why is fixed deck mode so empty?
4) How does initiaitve work for deploy/end of turn phases?
5) Is this all there is about academy missions?
6) How do faction packs work? What can I expect upon buying one?
7) Where do I get to see some proper decks to start my own deckbuilding with established ideas?
8) How to create a deck in deckbuilder? (yes, yes, I know, it's more or less intuitive, but there should be a tutorial for that)
9) How does rift run works? Why am I getting repeatedly slaughtered? Are these people cheating?
10) How do I know my bugreport is being worked on? I have submitted some but nothing is happening.

0) I liked the inability to skip through the tutorial because it creates forced progression so you cant just plow through the game.

1) They have bigger things to worry about

2) Once again I like the idea of forced progression. But more importantly you dont want to be the new player who loses a ranked game to cards like Calamity, Omnitron, or Oblivion. When you are just starting out and have a small collection cards like these are the bain of your existence, and will put you off big time. By forcing a level twenty they force new players to build a collection before they start competing with other players that have already done so.

3) Why does the caged bird sing?

4) Initiative works the same on all levels to my understanding. If you have initiative all stages of the game start with you then go to your opponent.

5) Arent Academy the training mission? Idk anything about that

6) .You cant be serious... Faction packs, are regular packs, but with cards from only a specific faction.

7)  ... Maybe I should just come over to your house and play the game for you...

8) ...

9) These questions have digressed into unintelligible nonsense

If these are questions that new players have... lol, actually I have a list of other question new players want to know.

1) What is this computer, why wont it turn on

2) How do I breathe?

3) Which button makes me win the game?

Sorry man but lol, these questions are just sophomoric
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 01:11:14 AM by Weak_Wolf »

Offline zekses

• Translator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2016, 01:02:18 AM »
You missed the whole point of my post. Half of these were answered one way or another, but are buried under tons of posts of forum (and sometimes discord) history, others just need a proper place to be looked for.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 01:04:10 AM by zekses »

Offline ES [BoD]

• Administrator
  • Flame Dawn Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2016, 01:24:10 AM »
Players, especially new ones require a direct source of answers to those questions and many others so they can decide whether to spend money and time on the game or look for a different game elsewhere.

+1 Zeks.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 01:35:19 AM by ES [BoD] »
Hail Aberion! Hail the Dawn!

Offline Weak_Wolf

• In Vino Veritas
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2016, 01:33:03 AM »
You missed the whole point of my post. Half of these were answered one way or another, but are buried under tons of posts of forum (and sometimes discord) history, others just need a proper place to be looked for.

I think I see your point, but at the same time I think alot of these questions are self evident. But I suppose a little bit of transparency on Yodo/LM's part cant hurt.

Offline DrewUniverse

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2016, 07:16:11 AM »
How about an FAQ page/post? I have to update some of our old sticky threads anyway.

Offline ORISOLVE

• In the service of The Holy Roman Empire since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2016, 06:21:25 PM »
How about an official in-game rule book first? Have fun being the author of that Drew.  ;)
Where there's a will, there's a way.

Offline DrewUniverse

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2016, 11:38:45 PM »
How about an official in-game rule book first? Have fun being the author of that Drew.  ;)

That's already on my list.

Offline keyranaway

• View Profile