Author Topic: Balance Pass For Wave 1 Of The Next Expansion Set.  (Read 7171 times)

Offline Interesting_Socks

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Balance Pass For Wave 1 Of The Next Expansion Set.
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2016, 08:45:21 PM »
As a disclaimer, please know that these changes are not necessarily set in stone.
Thank god!

Gabrielle, The Torch In The Dark
What have you done? This is such an aids card and you've made it more aids. Has your team tested the impact of leaving gabrielle up for a few turns? Is it that threatening that you need to kill it asap, it sounds like it would be! Is there any cost effect removal for dealing with gabrielle? No there isn't! To top it all off, you gave it flying!? I have serious doubts about this card.

Tullio, The Duelist
Card went from overpowered to neverused in the blink of an eye. Don't worry, he won't be missed.

Ixxi and The Impervious:
The most complained about card, LMs response: "no changes for now". If you want I can translate that statement into Latin and make a banner for you. Then you can stamp it on your website and use it as a company motto.

Anyway why are these cards, that aren't even in the game, getting balance changes. But Fight + Rite of Rage, which has been in the game for over a year, is being ignored??

Offline ORISOLVE

• In the service of The Holy Roman Empire since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2016, 01:42:24 AM »
Where is Weekly Post #19?

Perhaps you guys can discuss your definition of balance.
Where there's a will, there's a way.

Offline Adorabear

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2016, 02:21:49 AM »
"no changes for now". If you want I can translate that statement into Latin and make a banner for you. Then you can stamp it on your website and use it as a company motto.

nunc enim non mutat
Goose got me loose!

Offline CommunistMountain

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2016, 10:25:30 AM »
Since Gabrielle was buffed pls buff Tithe Collector, he's worse in all ways except not being a Unique character (which is insignificant as each TC costing 4 Resources discourages playing multiple copies at once).

EDIT: Okay I did not see the 'on the battlefield' part. Nevermind.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 12:23:34 AM by CommunistMountain »

Offline InvertedEye

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2016, 10:51:41 AM »
Ugh all of these changes suck. Gabrielle is absolutely vile, I would never want to play this game again if this card goes live, without hulking sniper she causes a massive tempo loss that can't be recovered from. Tulio went from OP to lame. Shockwave Giant is weird as an aoe card in WP but i can tolerate him at least for now. Taiga's change makes me sad, she could have potentially created a new tier 1 deck but with her change she will just be a filler card unless there is a new card that spams artificial tokens like a GI Rita. Death Blast change does nothing about creating a new toxic and boring stall deck, please just delete the card no good can come from CoV having more face burn especially when its this powerful. SiZ is now pretty bad but I don't think I want this card to be good honestly, as a 10/10 it probably wouldn't have been played in tier 1 decks but it would have made draft even more horrible. Ixxi badly needs a redesign, I am fine with there being some RNG in a card game but not when it is so powerful that it makes a player lose by itself. I am fine with The Impervious as it is.

There are too many redundant cards being shown, did you guys really think CoV needed more face burn or that sleepers needed more infect? How is it that in this long hiatus the designers didn't come up with any new ideas. Its funny that the data mined cards interest a lot of players more than the cards Lightmare decided to show.

Offline Rionoskae

• Rawr
    • View Profile
    • Straight2ThePint.com
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2016, 11:27:58 AM »
I'm calling it now. New Meta Angel Rush is Back.

Commanders
x1 Tempus
x1 Gabrielle
x1 Lucca Ascended

Offline Dogeee [BoD]

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2016, 11:39:37 AM »
Gabrielle is absolutely vile, I would never want to play this game again if this card goes live, without hulking sniper she causes a massive tempo loss that can't be recovered from.

this

There are too many redundant cards being shown, did you guys really think CoV needed more face burn or that sleepers needed more infect?

and this.

"this game is rock bottem" - mew28

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2016, 02:59:23 PM »
I still have no idea how Gab works cuz she needs to be on the battlefield to work, what happens when she is moved on or off during planning phase? I feel resource increase should only ever be in a stall faction like DoD. Helping an aggro rushy faction do it even better is kinda a bad idea. If you are going to do that it needs to seriously cut into their early tempo like tithe collector does, but then that ends up being too underpowered and therefore unused.

I feel like Taiga was made for assimilator coyle shenanigans which I feel is perfectly fine.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 04:37:23 PM by Hiding »

Offline zekses

• Translator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2016, 02:59:44 PM »
Whoever designed Gabrielle seems to not understand that a lot (most) purity combinations wont be able to remove her turn 3 if she is played from command. And even if they coould, she is still a decent 2 drop with flying while opp is hard pressed to remove her and thus waste a turn while OOS deploy actual t3 threats.

If anything, gabriel gives OOS a guaranteed WN in starting hand that doesnt lose them tempo.

This will require an opponent to play more than a single Lightning Blast/Firebolt/FD Commando/etc to kill Gabrielle, and gives Gabrielle some survivability as a modest flyer.

I didn't want to agree that whoever designs cards doesnt play the actual game, but this change seals it for me. Giving her flying is a completely braindead decision lacking any kind of forethought and/or tempo understanding
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 03:10:46 PM by zekses »

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2016, 04:39:32 PM »
make her a 4/4 or 3/3 without flying. Remember cards have cost increased so if she is 2 cost, someone is going to need AT LEAST 2 resources to kill her. Giving her lightning survivability is a bad idea.

Offline GeistesblitZ

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2016, 05:59:18 PM »
make her a 4/4 or 3/3 without flying. Remember cards have cost increased so if she is 2 cost, someone is going to need AT LEAST 2 resources to kill her. Giving her lightning survivability is a bad idea.

Keep in mind it doesn't increase the cost of cards that are played the turn she moves to the battlefield, so I feel like a 3/3 or 4/4 with flying would be fair.

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2016, 06:14:34 PM »
The trouble with Gabby is her high morale cost. Playing her with such a high cost is asking for a blowout, especially if she can't survive basic 4-damage removal. On the other hand, if she's not killed right away she's all sorts of trouble. Upping her health makes her less vulnerable and less risky, but makes the tempo screw for the opponent that much worse. If she had 4 health and a lower morale cost, she'd still have her tempo utility but would punish both players less--the opponent for not having two removal (or one of the proper removal) and the player for losing 10 morale. She's a difficult card to balance properly.
Resident LoreNinja, Tavern-Ninja
Gao Han or Gao Home!
Into the Fray, a novel of Infinity Wars
Weekly Storywriting Stream

Offline InvertedEye

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2016, 06:29:25 PM »
Old Wealthy Noble already proved that giving cards a high morale cost is a crappy way to balance OP abilities.

Offline Darshu

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2016, 12:34:33 AM »
I just gotta say, Benionin's idea of giving Shockwave Giant enrage is such a good idea i had to post this +1!

Offline Nazirite

• Plat Foil so(u)l
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2016, 08:07:05 AM »
+1 for enrage on shockwave giant, great idea :D

Idea for Gabrielle:

make her like the prophet, only the first card your opponent plays get the extra cost.

Idea for Ixxi:

cost 1

At the beginning of your turn, if Ixxi is in your hand, you have to play Ixxi or discard another card from your hand.
If you play Ixxi this turn, you may not play another card this turn.
If Ixxi dies, Ixxi goes to your opponent's hand.

this way Ixxi can be more playable, and the play have a choice between discarding or not playing cards for the turn( can still use trading post or abilities) and the discarding mech will fit more with the exile mech.
Where is my MASS DEATH !!
oh well, let me just calamity.