Author Topic: Balance Pass For Wave 1 Of The Next Expansion Set.  (Read 6297 times)

Offline InvertedEye

• View Profile
Re: Balance Pass For Wave 1 Of The Next Expansion Set.
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2016, 08:47:35 AM »
+1 for enrage on shockwave giant, great idea :D

Idea for Gabrielle:

make her like the prophet, only the first card your opponent plays get the extra cost.

Idea for Ixxi:

cost 1

At the beginning of your turn, if Ixxi is in your hand, you have to play Ixxi or discard another card from your hand.
If you play Ixxi this turn, you may not play another card this turn.
If Ixxi dies, Ixxi goes to your opponent's hand.

this way Ixxi can be more playable, and the play have a choice between discarding or not playing cards for the turn( can still use trading post or abilities) and the discarding mech will fit more with the exile mech.
+1 to the Ixxi idea
-1 to Gabrielle idea because flying would still leave the card toxic

Just want to add that I really like the Ixxi idea and I would love to see the card go live like that way.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 08:56:02 AM by InvertedEye »

Offline Darshu

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2016, 09:26:26 AM »
Yeah i like that Ixxi idea too. Longer games, bad luck and high cost and you will have more then one in hand and since its unique there would be a forced discard. Ixxi would become a must have for Exile imo.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 09:42:58 AM by Darshu »

Offline Dogeee [BoD]

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2016, 11:57:43 AM »
not sure what to think about that ixxi idea BUT definitely way better than the current version  :P

"this game is rock bottem" - mew28

Offline Klassick

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2016, 02:06:06 PM »
Ixxi don't care about what you guys think.

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2016, 02:36:39 PM »
+1 for enrage on shockwave giant, great idea :D

Idea for Gabrielle:

make her like the prophet, only the first card your opponent plays get the extra cost.

Idea for Ixxi:

cost 1

At the beginning of your turn, if Ixxi is in your hand, you have to play Ixxi or discard another card from your hand.

this way Ixxi can be more playable, and the play have a choice between discarding or not playing cards for the turn( can still use trading post or abilities) and the discarding mech will fit more with the exile mech.

Gabrielle seems like a fine idea given her current stats i approve. Ixxi idk maybe have his cost increase and take out the "you cant play other cards" clause

Offline ORISOLVE

• In the service of The Holy Roman Empire since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2016, 08:54:29 PM »
Gabrielle, The Torch In The Dark (2 Resource Cost) 2 Purity

Option 1: Unique: 5/5 with Flying (previously 6/4, non-flyer), 10 Morale
Option 2: Unique: 7/6 without Flying, 6 Morale

Effect: While Gabrielle, The Torch In The Dark is on the Battlefield, the first card your opponent plays this turn costs 1 more resource.

Credit: Nazirite

------------------------------------
Shockwave Giant (3 Resource Cost)

8/8

Effect: Pay 8: Enrage 10. (Pay 8 to enrage this character, giving it +10/+10. This ability can only be used once.) When Shockwave Giant is Enraged and on the Battlefield, at the end of each turn deal 4 damage to all characters on the Battlefield.

An AOE effect if you will. Creating actual shockwaves on the battlefield.  ;)

Credit: Benionin & Axeecutioner

---------------------------------
Tullio, The Duelist (4 Resource Cost) 2 Purity

5/2, 5 Morale

Effect: Multi Strike 3

Simple, another member of the Duelist family.

------------------------------------
Death Revival (0 Resource Cost) 1 Purity Verore or 1 Purity Overseers

Pay X: Remove X cards in your opponent's graveyard from the game. Your fortress is repaired 2X damage.

-------------------------------------
Super Infectious Zombie (4 Resource Cost) 1 Purity Sleepers

7/8, 4 Morale

Whenever you gain control of an opponent's Character, that Character gains Infect as well.

-----------------------------------
Ixxi, The Annoying (1 Resource Cost) 2 Purity Exiles

Unique: 5/4, 1 Morale

If Ixxi is in your hand or command zone, he attempts to play himself. If you choose not to play Ixxi, a random card in your hand is discarded at the beginning of the turn.
(Cannot Undo, like Denial Cards)

If Ixxi dies, he is shuffled into your opponent's deck and his cost is increased by 3.

Credit: Nazirite

------------------------------------------
Jeong-un, The Impervious (3 Resource Cost) 2 Purity Descendants

Flavor Text: He is very big in Korea.

Vigilance

10/8

If The Impervious is the only deployed Character you control, he is indestructible. At the end of the turn sacrifice The Impervious.

-----------------------------------------------

Lightmare/Yodo1, feel free to contact me about my payment of a billion dollars. These are sample card designs. Among all the participants who have participated in the following boards, they deserve a share of the billion dollars too:

http://forum.lightmare.com.au/index.php?topic=66336.30
http://forum.lightmare.com.au/index.php?topic=66298.0
http://forum.lightmare.com.au/index.php?topic=66296.0
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 10:31:10 PM by ORISOLVE »
Where there's a will, there's a way.

Offline Kevkas

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2016, 01:52:15 AM »
I like these ideas for Ixxi, it should be noted that in these ideas his discard effect should always be a random card, otherwise it would unbalance the effect I think.

Offline Darshu

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2016, 04:40:19 AM »
Actually, now that i think about it, it might actually be a nerf to Ixxi since that would let him become overcharge fodder for other cards. Ixxi would then basically be a 1 cost creature that will at least cause 1 discard if the opponent draws him. Not bad but not that annoying either. Maybe add If Ixxi is removed from the game discard a random card.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 04:44:38 AM by Darshu »

Offline InvertedEye

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2016, 06:49:23 AM »
I like these ideas for Ixxi, it should be noted that in these ideas his discard effect should always be a random card, otherwise it would unbalance the effect I think.

How exactly is targeted discard unbalanced? Cresill used to be exile 3 which would have made targeted discard too strong before but that is no longer the case. Its just something Lightmare arbitrarily decided was too strong even though Yagron already proves that it isn't, the card never sees competitive play. What abusive or degenerate plays can targeted discard enable?

Offline largenuggets [BoD]

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2016, 06:50:40 AM »
Quick question, how will SIZ interact with zuza? will the characters you gain control of have infect personally even after the opponent gets them back? Also this card was way overnerfed, it was honestly fine at a 10/10 imo as long as it's effect was changed to be only on the battlefield. People are way overanalyzing and overreacting to all these cards and card changes and although I'm very glad to see lightmare take people's suggestions, please do so with a grain of salt.

Offline NTL

• If you think I'm wrong - think harder...
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2016, 09:11:34 AM »
We just stated his base stats are too good, SIZ wasn't fine at a 10/10, do you really not see problem with him and Evolving Parasite(s) in command? They are just kill and / or steal whatever you throw against them. SIZ may be overnerfed, but it's hard to balance infect mechanism, especially this one, better to be to weak than too strong.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 09:14:21 AM by NTL »

Offline Tinkercide

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2016, 12:26:44 PM »
Idea for Ixxi:

cost 1

+1000.

Removes random factor, allows for counterplay and can backfire on the enemy's face if played carelessly.
Although I'd debate over having his cost increased by 1 each time he dies instead of not allowing you to play cards.

Offline Symphony

• "...you've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2016, 12:48:13 PM »
Idea for Ixxi:

cost 1

Noooo. I know the card is meant to be annoying, but god damn, people. Stop pushing designs like this. It's just not fun to play with or against.
You either force your opponent to completely waste a turn or keep discarding things each turn. It's not broken like the old design and it gives you a choice on what to do, but it's something I DON'T want to be facing in IW ever again.

Mind splinter costs 3 and forces 2 discards. This costs 1, either forces a discard each turn or completely nulifies one turn from the opponent. Just no, please.

Offline InvertedEye

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2016, 02:34:47 PM »
Haha I totally misread the Ixxi idea I thought Ixxi would be discarded once you discarded a card for some reason. Yeah actually that is a terrible idea unless Ixxi is discarded too.

Offline Nazirite

• Plat Foil so(u)l
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2016, 04:15:20 PM »
Chances are they won't even use our ideas XD
Where is my MASS DEATH !!
oh well, let me just calamity.