Author Topic: [CDC] The Promised Land  (Read 5214 times)

Offline Drarz

• View Profile
[CDC] The Promised Land
« on: July 12, 2016, 10:26:26 PM »
Create a Triple Purity Location card intended to be a "win condition" card.

A card designed to finish the game once played, like the artifact Omnitron, or the character Titan of the New World, or the ability Avarrach has Risen.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 11:58:44 PM by Drarz »

Offline drewmb10

• View Profile
Re: [CDC] The Promised Land
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2016, 10:45:52 PM »
Blinding Light
3p OoS
20 cost
Blinding Light's cost is reduced 1 for each angel character you have in play.

All characters on your battlefield have flying and +4/+4.

You do not turn down Heaven's calling. You rise.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 04:24:26 PM by drewmb10 »

Offline NatoPotato

• Guns don't kill people, ninjas kill people.
    • View Profile
    • CLICK ME
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2016, 11:17:27 PM »
Nanobot Production Facility
3 GI
12 cost
As an additional cost to playing Nanobot Production Facility, remove an Aleta and an Orion Character you control from the game.

At the start of each turn the top 5 Characters in your Graveyard are raised to the Support zone and become Artificial.

At the end of each turn every Artificial Character you control is healed for 6 damage and gets +4/+4.

"Even those who fall shall be part of the new world."

Really powerful once out, especially if there are luccas high up in your graveyard, but can be potentially weak to morale and can be prevented by hitting it with location removal early or by taking out an opponents Orions before they can play it.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 10:02:36 AM by NatoPotato »

Offline ORISOLVE

• In the service of The Holy Roman Empire since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2016, 11:34:32 PM »
Counting The Days
3P DoD
5 Cost
Mission

At the end of each turn, Counting the Days becomes 10% complete. Once Counting the Days reaches 100% completion, you win the game.
Where there's a will, there's a way.

Offline Number11

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2016, 12:28:10 AM »
Land of Abandonment
3p EX
14 cost

When you play the Exile cost, the card is put back into the deck and all Land of Abandonment cost two less. When in play, at the end of turn there is 50% chance that the opponents morale goes to zero.

"Outsiders in the Land of Abandonment tend to lose hope. Many have succumbed to the demon energy when they lose hope in the horrid wasteland."

The cost of the card could be tweaked if it has to low of a cost.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 12:33:46 AM by Number11 »

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2016, 01:41:19 AM »

Just realized it has to be triple purity. I feel my card works better off as neutral thematically and playstyle-wise so here's the next one:

Razor Chasms
3p FD
9 cost
Whenever a character takes combat damage, it is destroyed.

Whenever a character dies its owner loses 2 morale and draws a card.

"Good place to fight if you aren't afraid to die that is. Either you fall to your death or get impaled on a rock.... or both. Either way you won't be seeing me around if you're intent on heading in that direction."
---

Classic push to win card. Makes FD able to trade ridiculously well with a bunch of cheap charge characters. Because Fd tends to run out of cards in hand due to early spam, i made it help you card draw to be able to play more characters. Though unfortunately it also makes you deck out and lose morale faster, something which FD is supposed to have trouble with [the morale that is] so that makes sense.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 02:53:50 PM by Hiding »

Offline Darshu

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2016, 03:05:41 AM »
Gates of Oblivion

3x EX
9 cost
Unique Location
7 Exile

Every card in your hand gains Exile -3 of its original cost or the original exile cost if it is lower.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 03:07:51 AM by Darshu »

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2016, 03:07:47 AM »
The Floodgates of Torment
3 Exiles
10 Cost
Exhaust CARDNAME: All demons you control gain your choice of Flying, Consume 3, or Unstoppable until the end of the turn.

At the end of each turn, put four Dirty Devils into play

The floodgates were opened and Reish's fate was sealed

It's no Omnitron, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't look to it for inspiration. This puppy allows you to flexibly choose how to buff your demons each turn, and while it doesn't buff all of your demons stat-wise, it creates 4 more to join your legion. And with 5 morale on each token, you can't just throw them away blindly like those 1-morale Omnitron tokens.
Resident LoreNinja, Tavern-Ninja
Gao Han or Gao Home!
Into the Fray, a novel of Infinity Wars
Weekly Storywriting Stream

Offline Darshu

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2016, 03:24:11 AM »
Sealed Book of the Exiles

3x EX
6 cost
Unique Location

When you pay the exile cost of a card a second copy is deployed for free.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 12:49:21 PM by Darshu »

Offline largenuggets [BoD]

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2016, 04:13:19 AM »
Counting The Days
3P DoD
5 Cost
Mission

At the end of each turn, Counting the Days becomes 10% complete. Once Counting the Days reaches 100% completion, you win the game.

10/10 this should definitely be put into the game. There just aren't enough interactive cards like this in the game.

Offline Drarz

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2016, 11:44:04 AM »
I'm obviously not going to vote for myself, but Counting The Days got me thinking:

Shrine to the Fallen
3 DoD
Cost 13
If the fortress would take damage from a creature, all non-spirit characters in your graveyard removed from the game and an Avatar of the Fallen is created in the defense zone with an attack and defense equal to the sum total of the attack and defense of all character removed from the graveyard. The Avatar of the Fallen is a Spirit Dragon with Flying and the ability, "When Avatar of the Fallen kills a creature, the player controlling that creature loses an additional 4 morale.

Offline Rionoskae

• Rawr
    • View Profile
    • Straight2ThePint.com
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2016, 02:41:33 PM »
These are all great! Loving this thread - keep up the good work everyone.

Offline Nibiru23

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2016, 06:21:31 PM »
  Burning Hell

3p verore
Cost 18
Burning Hell cost is reduced by 1 for each creature that died in the previous turn.

At Start of the turn all non-fly creature become immolated by 2 and all immolated creatures take 2 damage at the end of the turn.

At start of each turn create two 3/3 demon with flying and all flying demons get +3/+3
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 07:54:26 AM by Nibiru23 »

Offline ToxicShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2016, 06:50:51 PM »
Ruins of Ishna, Heart of the Demon Wastes
Purity: 3 Exiles
Cost: 16
Type: Location
Rarity: Epic

Exile 10

When the Ruins of Ishna enter play, shuffle all cards with the exile keyword from your graveyard back into your deck.

At the start of the turn, all cards with the exile keyword in your deck and your hand get played for free. They behave as if they were played for their exile costs.

Pay 3, exhaust: Shuffle the top 2 cards of your graveyard back into your deck.

Everything banished to the Demon Wastes sooner or later shows up at what is left of Ishna, which was the first city on Reish to be lost to the Wastes.

---

The basic idea is to give Exiles a win condition that ties in with their unique exile mechanic. The card is not meant to be played without being discarded, which is why it has pretty high normal costs (I mean, you could try to get it for 16, but...might not be the easiest strategy).

On a side note, could also be a card for reish to show the clocktower in the artwork! (I think reish is the only dimension that doesnt have a location with the clocktower yet?).

Offline GustavoNuncho

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2016, 08:47:10 PM »
Purity 3Exiles, Cost 3, Location

After each turn you discarded a card, your opponent must discard 1 card.

(Use this effect as early as possible to begin bleeding your opponent out of cards) or;
Purity 3Exiles, Cost 5, Exile Cost 2 (debatable), Unique Location

Whenever an exile cost is paid, gain excess resources next turn for the paid amount(s).

(This would allow crazy tempo turns following turns given up to pay exile costs, and present a situation for easy predictions and potential outplays by the opponent, not to mention any funny business possible)

I think Exiles as a faction has less potential as a split purity already, but few, if any, solid win conditions in a perfect purity deck. It's tough to find a place for them among the already existing factions, because most of the win conditions or goals in a deck scheme are covered or represented elsewhere. Thus they should have either something completely new as a keyword that works them into a winning or advantageous position (which they do but it's a poor boost and lackluster for skilled players), or, have many different cards that win for them in unique ways. Things that would be expected from the insane Exiles, are unexpected and can't be worked around normally.
Hence the cards of my design. Currently I cannot agree with the random nature of discarding for exiles, and I think it should be changed. If not, then the Exiles faction needs more blatantly strong cards or synergy, to make up for the unpredictable and implausible strategy in their normal decks following any form of discarding (excluding Yagron, but I strongly agree with his design [because there's no RNG!]).

Summary: Either give Exiles stronger synergy, or take away their randomness (least fun option), or make cards for them that present alternate but achievable win conditions. They will always have very little competitive play if they stay not only weak, but unpredictable to they player who is playing them! I mean seriously, look at Wholesale Slaughter -- I'd rather have one faction among all that is too strong rather than one that is too weak. A lot more can be said by me on this subject..
PS: This is all just my opinion