Author Topic: Weekly Post #18: New Card set information!  (Read 9587 times)

Offline NTL

• If you think I'm wrong - think harder...
    • View Profile
Re: Weekly Post #18: New Card set information!
« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2016, 11:04:47 PM »
Leak of new legendary card:

Offline DrewUniverse

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 11, 2016, 11:39:30 PM »
Just curious, was weekly post 18 this weeks post or last weeks post? Will there be another post this week?

#18 is for last week, and I'm scheduled to make another within the next two days.

3 days later... nothing, i dunno why you told us that lol

Most people would know why. When someone puts a finite time on doing something, it's because they are pretty sure they can do so. I'm drafting the next thread today.

Offline Darshu

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 11, 2016, 11:56:03 PM »

What, no haste?

Offline largenuggets [BoD]

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 12, 2016, 12:20:39 AM »
Just curious, was weekly post 18 this weeks post or last weeks post? Will there be another post this week?

#18 is for last week, and I'm scheduled to make another within the next two days.

3 days later... nothing, i dunno why you told us that lol

Most people would know why. When someone puts a finite time on doing something, it's because they are pretty sure they can do so. I'm drafting the next thread today.

What do you mean that most people would know why? When someone puts a finite time on doing things it's actually usually because they KNOW they can do it in that amount of time. Today is also not "within the next 2 days" from your comment. Not trying to be a dick, just trying to understand why you are getting defensive about this instead of just apologizing and saying it will be up asap. Unless I'm completely off on what you meant by that comment.

Offline DrewUniverse

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 12, 2016, 02:10:45 AM »
Unless I'm completely off on what you meant by that comment.

I think you make a good point, but I communicated sub-par to you. I do apologize for not making the time I expected to be done by (I'd be sad any time I don't fulfill my intended timeline). This is generally why I prefer against giving an exact day of completion - it can lead to disappointment even if there was a legitimate reason. Short story: I actually thought I was getting it posted yesterday. I'll avoid giving exact dates unless the work is done/nearly done beforehand.

Offline Adorabear

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 12, 2016, 02:47:06 AM »
I'll avoid giving exact dates unless the work is done/nearly done beforehand.

I dont think thats really an option since Yodomare committed to posting WEEKLY. We already know the exact dates... its every 7 days. And now its actually been 9 days since the last weekly post. I was asking if you were going to catch up for the posts that you missed but not only hasn't that happened but now we are behind on the NEXT one as well! I guess its like Largenuggets said it just looks so unprofessional when a team of 12 people cant produce a short weekly post about what they are working on that week.
I dont really understand how you cant do it Drew but even if you cant because of extenuating circumstances, how come Chappie cant? How come Crestmoor cant? How come Ian cant? Hell even Elphie has posted in the past. How come one of the artists cant write a nice post one week? Im sure a post inside the mind of one of the artists talking about some of the art they've done would be an immensely popular post. Id love to hear about that. How come between the 12 of you you cant make a single post per week?

Im not even mad or even demanding anything, I never demanded Lightmare start doing weekly posts, that was all their idea. Im just kinda baffled that they appear incapable of doing it thats all. Is there anything we can do to help? Like give you ideas of what to write about or something?
Goose got me loose!

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 12, 2016, 03:02:32 AM »
I'll point out that Teremus has stated before that some of the other staff members are really intimidated by the forum environment/community and are scared to post. As for why the other former community managers have dropped everything on Drew's head and seem incapable of helping out, well, I dunno.

I remember that in the past, Teremus had this annoying process where he would have to jump through a bunch of authorization hoops before he could make any big post, but I don't know if that's still a thing.
Resident LoreNinja, Tavern-Ninja
Gao Han or Gao Home!
Into the Fray, a novel of Infinity Wars
Weekly Storywriting Stream

Offline largenuggets [BoD]

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 12, 2016, 04:39:42 AM »
I do apologize for not making the time I expected to be done by (I'd be sad any time I don't fulfill my intended timeline). This is generally why I prefer against giving an exact day of completion - it can lead to disappointment even if there was a legitimate reason. Short story: I actually thought I was getting it posted yesterday. I'll avoid giving exact dates unless the work is done/nearly done beforehand.

I definitely don't think not setting exact deadlines is the answer. On the other hand I think setting more exact deadlines and actually meeting them is what needs to happen in order for things to improve. I'm referring both to tournaments and weekly posts at this point. If you are overwhelmed or have other circumstances that prevent you from meeting those deadlines, then you need to communicate that to lightmare and maybe either get less responsibility or figure something else out. This repeated habit of a deadline being missed and absolutely no comment from you or the team about it until afterwards (if ever) really does effect the image of Yodomare as a professional company. There is really no excuse whatsoever for yodomare not putting out a short post every week, especially when it is missed without any explanation.

Offline ORISOLVE

• In the service of The Holy Roman Empire since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 12, 2016, 05:37:44 AM »
I don't work for LM, yet I could still make 1 forum post a day and read all the recent posts. It's not that I have no life. I'm at school for 9 hours a day. It's just something really simple to do, and there should be no reason for a company that owns and manages the game to not post anything or interact with the community for over 3 days straight.
Where there's a will, there's a way.

Offline MerliniX

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 12, 2016, 05:39:08 AM »
I don't work for LM, yet I could still make 1 forum post a day and read all the recent posts. It's not that I have no life. I'm at school for 9 hours a day. It's just something really simple to do, and there should be no reason for a company that owns and manages the game to not post anything or interact with the community for over 3 days straight.

+1

I manage to do it and not only am I not paid, but I haven't even played this game in something close to two months.

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 12, 2016, 05:51:06 AM »

0/10, dies to Spirit of the Ancient Guardians
Resident LoreNinja, Tavern-Ninja
Gao Han or Gao Home!
Into the Fray, a novel of Infinity Wars
Weekly Storywriting Stream

Offline OneTwo

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 12, 2016, 06:51:30 AM »
Short story: I actually thought I was getting it posted yesterday. I'll avoid giving exact dates unless the work is done/nearly done beforehand.

I cant believe that you expose your mindset in that way to the public.

There is only one question: When will you finalize the draft of weekly post #22? In 4 weeks, or this week!

If you are not ahead, you will always be late! And if there is not enough informations for 4 complete posts in advance (sure tiny adjustment needed the closer the publishing date comes), i start to believe - nothing happens at all behind the curtain!

Dont get me wrong, i dont blame you cause everyone knows that the initial problem of the game is Lightmare and it seems Yodo1 is just a chain in the link and they are not able to do stuff better. In some cases even worse :(
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 07:00:40 AM by OneTwo »

Offline Symphony

• "...you've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 12, 2016, 10:39:48 AM »

Im not even mad or even demanding anything, I never demanded Lightmare start doing weekly posts, that was all their idea. Im just kinda baffled that they appear incapable of doing it thats all.

I feel exactly like this. At this point I'm completely jaded by anything yodomare does, but I can't avoid being completely baffled by how incompetent and incapable a team of 12 can be. It's a puffying wall of text, for puffy's sake. It's not code programming, it's not mathematical analysis, it's not a puffying thesis. It's just a simple: "Hey, we're doing this this and that". Jesus, you guys completely suck as a company.

Offline Klassick

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 12, 2016, 03:55:23 PM »

Even if you do get negative feedback, you can turn it into a positive by engaging in a constructive way and showing that you’re a genuine business [...] People are not looking for perfection online. What they’re really looking for is humanity and a genuine response, so a negative review can be a great opportunity to respond in a positive and transparent manner. And that has a good impact on all your customers.
- Shama Kabani

Offline ORISOLVE

• In the service of The Holy Roman Empire since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 12, 2016, 05:19:22 PM »
Lightmare's Response: K
Where there's a will, there's a way.