Author Topic: Weekly Post #18: New Card set information!  (Read 10347 times)

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
Re: Weekly Post #18: New Card set information!
« Reply #45 on: July 04, 2016, 08:09:11 PM »
Tested them with watchmedie, only The Impervious seems balanced so far. Can't wait for the nerfs.

The art is awesome though! :D

No you tested them with them with me. ;D

Indeed. I think I may be some kind of idiot.  :'(

People seem to mistake me for other players a lot for some reason.

At least ur names kinda rhyme

Offline Kevkas

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 04, 2016, 09:29:46 PM »
Drew, one thing that hasn't been asked and hasn't been detailed in the weekly post is if the platinum pre-order will be available in both LP and IP. I'd like to know this please.

Offline Klassick

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 04, 2016, 10:27:08 PM »
Drew, one thing that hasn't been asked and hasn't been detailed in the weekly post is if the platinum pre-order will be available in both LP and IP. I'd like to know this please.

^
   |

This

==

I am thinking but not came to a conclusion, by buying a preview penta-pack I got one rare from others sets PLUS one other RARE of the new set?

Hum, not bad at all but... If I wait, I can get plat cards...

This isn't making sense to me...

It is but it is not.

Or it is not, but it is...

Oh, God, I am lost.

Pygmy Giants... An angel with big wings that do not fly... A Super Zombie coming around after the last one appeared... An Impervious guy that is indestructible but kills himself at the end of the turn...

The Exiles are in command. There is no other answer here.

Offline NTL

• If you think I'm wrong - think harder...
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 05, 2016, 01:52:32 AM »

Offline Klassick

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 05, 2016, 01:55:26 PM »

LOL

Ok, there is another answer.  ;D

Offline toon310

• Translator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2016, 10:47:24 PM »
I applause, i like the new concept :)

Offline DrewUniverse

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 06, 2016, 02:53:05 AM »

Yes, IP purchasable. I added it to the original post FAQ.

Offline Adorabear

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2016, 01:38:03 AM »
Just curious, was weekly post 18 this weeks post or last weeks post? Will there be another post this week?
Goose got me loose!

Offline DrewUniverse

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 08, 2016, 06:35:43 AM »
Just curious, was weekly post 18 this weeks post or last weeks post? Will there be another post this week?

#18 is for last week, and I'm scheduled to make another within the next two days.

Offline moominpeter

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2016, 02:16:26 AM »
I'm sure if you already had this and were able to share it, you would have, but I'd love to hear what the new roadmap is for releases. Will there be foundation sets? Will factions be rotated out? Will older sets be rotated out of ranked play or rift runs?

Offline Adorabear

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 11, 2016, 12:42:22 AM »

#18 is for last week, and I'm scheduled to make another within the next two days.

3 days later... nothing, i dunno why you told us that lol
Goose got me loose!

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2016, 01:36:10 AM »

Yeah these sort of repeated disappointments kinda make things feel unprofessional. Though I liked that you mentioned it at least rather than just clam up about the issue.

Offline largenuggets [BoD]

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 11, 2016, 04:09:05 AM »
Yeah these sort of repeated disappointments kinda make things feel unprofessional. Though I liked that you mentioned it at least rather than just clam up about the issue.
+1

Offline Johnny_Retro

• All Your Base Are Belong To Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 11, 2016, 08:44:04 PM »
Well, the only thing that disappointed me is myself, 'cause i really believed that the publishing deal would change something about the fact that this game is near death.
"Time You Enjoy Wasting is Not Wasted Time" - John Lennon

Offline Interesting_Socks

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 11, 2016, 10:55:46 PM »
Well, the only thing that disappointed me is myself, 'cause i really believed that the publishing deal would change something about the fact that this game is near death.

Steamcharts suggest it's on the rise
http://steamcharts.com/app/257730

Back to the cards, why are most of them ridiculously situationally overpowered?? Like Tulio the duelist is a very weak card 7/4 for 4 resources. But if his condition is met then he becomes insane, suddenly a free 21 damage to your opponents defense (and thats without it's combo possibilities). I don't really care how good Tulio ends up being, I don't want to play a game full of cards like Tulio. It becomes a game of draw lightning blast > win game, don't draw lightning blast > Lose game. I don't want to play a game like that.

Have cards like Taiga been tested with the obvious combos e.g. OS 2/2s. Stick them all in defense and emerge with a bunch of 10/10s. Again very powerful in the right situation, very weak if your opponent plays a yuanshis wrath.

Why doesn't the Impervious have a name, it seems very odd for a unique character like this? I think I'd prefer it from a lore aspect if The Impervious was a spell, which summoned him for a turn. You could then also have a 14 cost Impervious which didn't sacrifice itself and always had indestructible or something like that. 

How detrimental is it to leave up Gabriel for a few turns? I just have no faith that cards like this have been tested. It also seems that you're trying to make the game more luck based with these generically weak, but situationally strong cards.

Ixxi is just a card I'm praying isn't competitive, even though it clearly will be. No one wants to play a game where Ixxi is competitively viable.

When I first read about Shockwave Giant I thought it was a joke. 10 damage AOE will completely wipe the field against a lot of decks. You have created a 1 purity Oblivion, for 8 resources. Has this really been tested?