Author Topic: Weekly Post #18: New Card set information!  (Read 9635 times)

Offline MerliniX

• View Profile
Re: Weekly Post #18: New Card set information!
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2016, 07:35:11 PM »
i think shockwave giant doesnt do enough damage, pls buff!

Also its way too expensive considering it kills your ramp creatures. I suggest making it cost six and upping the damage to 15. Will do some playtesting to see if further buffs are needed.

Offline ORISOLVE

• In the service of The Holy Roman Empire since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2016, 07:46:53 PM »
Actually increasing the damage of Shockwave Giant might be better for the card. At 10 damage right now it'll kill everything except their own Giant Warpath Cards like Skaar/Pit Brawler. I would say increasing Shockwave Giant's damage to 20 would better balance the card ironically. In theory they would not be able to deploy Martyr along with Shockwave Giant, but the opponent could deploy a Martyr/Cassial/Noble Protector and block all/some the damage, while the person that plays Shockwave Giant destroys everything he has on the field including his own Command Zone and even his ramp.

I would personally balance the card by making it Unique, 9 Resources, and deal 20 Damage.  ;D
We don't want 2 Warpath/1 Overseers to be a thing.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 07:52:48 PM by ORISOLVE »
Where there's a will, there's a way.

Offline mynci

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2016, 08:44:41 PM »
I love how the shockwave GIANT doesn't have "reach". is he a short giant? is this his weakness XD

and that impervious with a jinhai lance in defence zone could be brutal
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 08:46:32 PM by mynci »

Offline Powersaver111

• wassup
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2016, 08:59:32 PM »
I love how the shockwave GIANT doesn't have "reach". is he a short giant? is this his weakness XD
LOOOOL ^ XD

Also, does the new set have a name? :)   that's all I'm worried about. It better have a cool name >:-O
yeahidkwhy

=]

Offline zekses

• Translator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2016, 09:44:41 PM »
Is that a tribe of chibi giants? We already have the Goliath with no reach and Skraar/Subdues 's art kinda suggests....

Offline Onyx

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2016, 10:18:34 PM »
Maybe some of the giants are too slow or ill-equipped to fight flyers?
Like some lizards have long tongues that enable them to catch insects in flight and some do not.

Force Against the Law has a much more anthropomorphic shape than the more beastly Skraar, perhaps the latter has trouble fighting flyers because of the way he is built (unless you give him a jetpack)?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 10:21:42 PM by Onyx »

Offline Adorabear

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2016, 01:40:19 AM »
Any of the avid traders/collectors care to comment on the bizarre fact that Yodomare is releasing a set of 100 rares?
Goose got me loose!

Offline Number11

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2016, 02:38:31 AM »
Any of the avid traders/collectors care to comment on the bizarre fact that Yodomare is releasing a set of 100 rares?

;D Wonder when they will release a set of 100 legendary.

Offline DrewUniverse

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2016, 04:18:41 AM »

;D Wonder when they will release a set of 100 legendary.

On the off-chance that Adorabear actually thought we would do such a thing, that's false. We wanted to start off by showing a single card from each faction, at the same rarity level. If the first eight cards were all commons, we'd get the same reaction. If we showed an Epic from one faction and a Common from another, well, it's a lose-lose situation when that kind of mindset prevails. :P

Offline Pelagoth

• Sock Puppet
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2016, 04:49:33 AM »
On the off-chance that Adorabear actually thought we would do such a thing, that's false. We wanted to start off by showing a single card from each faction, at the same rarity level. If the first eight cards were all commons, we'd get the same reaction. If we showed an Epic from one faction and a Common from another, well, it's a lose-lose situation when that kind of mindset prevails. :P
Well you know how nitpicky bears are about details. They will go on a rampage, if the honey they stole is not sweet enough.

Offline wooferdog

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2016, 06:16:34 AM »
  • Each month's mini-set of cards are placed in the in-game store for IP/LP for that one month, as a modified Collection booster with 1 guaranteed new card and 1 guaranteed rare for a slight cost increase (no platinums).

Will these modified collection boosters have a chance to drop gold/foil versions of the new cards, or will it only be for currently released cards, or even no chance for gold/foil at all from that pack?

Offline Pelagoth

• Sock Puppet
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2016, 11:57:00 AM »
I must say I also dislike the idea from having pre-order cards without being platinum and then later have them released as platinum. I see no harm in them being platinum right away. That was the whole idea for platinum, right? For it to reward pre-ordering. Correct me if I'm wrong.

It just tells me: "Yo, why cash in now to have cards you can't use in ranked when you can cash in later and have a platinum version of them that can even go ranked?". Atleast allow them either for ranked or make them platinum. Also, it won't be the money grab you might think, as some/many people will hold back until the platinums come out (talkin about plat collectors, ranked only players and newer players).
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 11:59:15 AM by Pelagoth »

Offline OneTwo

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2016, 01:14:37 PM »
I must say I also dislike the idea from having pre-order cards without being platinum and then later have them released as platinum. I see no harm in them being platinum right away. That was the whole idea for platinum, right? For it to reward pre-ordering. Correct me if I'm wrong.

It just tells me: "Yo, why cash in now to have cards you can't use in ranked when you can cash in later and have a platinum version of them that can even go ranked?". Atleast allow them either for ranked or make them platinum. Also, it won't be the money grab you might think, as some/many people will hold back until the platinums come out (talkin about plat collectors, ranked only players and newer players).

Maybe its too big of a hustle to solve 2 problems:

1. Only 1 Card should be platinum (new set), while all other cards still need a chance of beeing gold or foil or without any border.
2. The card distribution would still need in balance with a normal Pre-Oder pack. So when i open the final Plat-Pack with all the new cards, i shouldnt have a disadvantage to get any "must have" card or getting a needed Epic to a lower chance. If for each "Promo-Pre-Order" Pack the Card pool is that shorten, it might happen that i can pull easier cards i need/like than out of the whole pack.

I have not made up my mind yet about the new scenario. Sure, it might optimize the cashflow for Yodomare - on the other side, i dont see a reason to buy the "Promo-Pre-Order" Packs and participating at the "real" Pre-Order.

Overall, the available "normal card" pool is much bigger than it usually was. Gives much more people the chance to play the new fancy decks when those cards are ranked legal, than before.

Maybe i like it - but rly, i want to know what time schedule we are talking about. Pre-Orders in late 2016 or early 2017? =)

Offline ORISOLVE

• In the service of The Holy Roman Empire since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2016, 04:40:16 PM »
I give them until Oct. 1st, 2016. If not by then, Yodo1 & Lightmare are incompetent seniles and do not deserve any more of our money. That is a whole 3 months on top of what they have been working on for the past 6 months+. They are allowed an extension if all bugs/endless turns are fixed, addition to campaign, new trade interface, new deck building interface, Ranked, or billion dollar ideas are implemented (AKA Timer for IP/EXP. Boosts, *but not limited to*).

Where there's a will, there's a way.

Offline antideath

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2016, 05:52:57 PM »
so...foundation set is not a thing?
  Are they all being used as ALT arts now?
Foundation sets made older cards more "collectable" and a great feature for a collectible card game.

I would rather see a new set drop all at once..these 8 card  trickle release is annoying. I feel your delaying any purchase i want to make until they are all out. Why wouldn't i wait for pre release plats or in Collection packs. ? i have no incentive to do so.
Having no incentive to get these cards 8 at a time. it also delays them being in ranked and Draft. for so long...it takes from any momentum u have gained...

Maybe rethink this plan..Add 500 IP? 750? to pre release plat packs totally fine with something like that to encourage a full set release. OR can only unlock IP purchase with One LP purchase of Pre sale packs or a minimum $10...i do realize you have to make $ to keep developing.

The current release plan feels like like hitting the brakes.

With this long of a pause i fear you will make less as players will just farm until release...

but if you had just set it up for hey in 30 days the new set comes out, And started the Pre Order Stretch goals ect, Without any warning!! you would have been better off ,
as i would be encouraged to buy some Pre realease packs ...now i can just farm causally to get a stack of them in months.
also the PBE server would have graciously jumped onboard to help test the new cards at least the ones you wanted to show until actual pack opening day..if you announced a release and started pre orders this month.

Just some feedback. Happy to see new cards, don't mind seeing more sleepers, Pre release is more in your favor with 5 card packs now too.

With a foundation plat release 30 days then an instant next set plat release 30 days...we would scramble to buy some packs....win win for all. Right now we have sommuch heads up with plans we can farma foortune for plats. Not good for collection or your bottom line..suprise us and DO IT.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 05:56:11 PM by antideath »