Author Topic: I need help playing 2FD/SOA it seems  (Read 492 times)

Offline zekses

• Translator
    • View Profile
I need help playing 2FD/SOA it seems
« on: July 01, 2016, 05:03:54 PM »
Given this listing from KeyRanAway:
http://i.imgur.com/pLy8NUb.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/5ETIc0s.jpg

How am I supposed to deal with these decks:
1) Yunanshi command + 3 Wrath.
Can tank damage, then simply decimate everythingwith wraths and the listing above doesnt seem to like its tokens wiped out en masse
2) 3p, Exiles Can't seem to deal damage quickly enough, by trun 4-5 they outscale you, especially with yagron for cheapo 8/8 and combined with combustions you don't have critical mass to finish.
3) hermit just blocks with haste creatures and immediately starts outscaling

Any kind of hint is welcome, cause so far  I do not see T1 deck, I see a deck that
1) overrelies on feartrops combo and has no way to come back from being wrecked en masse
2) consistently has crappy initial hands with 2 drop hole
3) way too often you get duplicates of Rally/Banner
4) FD commandos don't deal enough damage to finish the stuff damaged by tokens sacrificed to fuel aleta's ability

What am I missing?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 05:15:02 PM by zekses »

Offline NTL

• If you think I'm wrong - think harder...
    • View Profile
Re: I need help playing 2FD/SOA it seems
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2016, 07:54:40 PM »
Do you really need to play 3 martyrs in main? Same for Pyr, that's the problem with playing 3 copies of more costly/unique cards - you often end with dead hand unable to play on curve. I would move purity cards to sideboard, maybe 1 rally too and instead play more chars (consider adding flagbearers). For Yuanshi and similar have noble protectors in sideboard, and if you run against such decks often enough play them in main, it will also help you fill 2 cost drops hole.
Against Yagron you obviously have to rely on fear & caltrops combo, as for Hermit nothing you can do, it's just virtually counter deck. Also Calamity can help you in some games.