Author Topic: How would you like to see Hehkeem, The Corrupted changed?  (Read 776 times)

Offline Number11

• View Profile
How would you like to see Hehkeem, The Corrupted changed?
« on: June 27, 2016, 05:24:25 PM »
I'm sure most can see how you don't have to carefully think about whether or not to put your characters onto the battlefield for 3 purity SoA. And that is due to Hehkeem bringing them all back. I would like to see something else than just throw everything out and then Hehkeem for 3 purity SoA.

One Idea I had for Hehkeem: When deployed target a 3 cost or less character in your graveyard, all characters in your graveyard with the same name as target character are raised to your Support Zone.

This way you can't just bring all your characters back unless you have only one type of character in the graveyard. Now Unlimited cards will benefit more from Hehkeem and there would be more of a reason to run multiple copies of Sleeper of Avarrach in deck. And Conscripted Militia can still work with Hehkeem. No need to make Conscripted any less playable.

What do you guys think of this idea? How would you like Hehkeem to work?

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
Re: How would you like to see Hehkeem, The Corrupted changed?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2016, 09:13:03 PM »
Have u be able to pay X when playing him to bring all characters cost X or less back into play. Maybe increase his cost as well.

Offline Number11

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2016, 09:04:43 PM »
Have u be able to pay X when playing him to bring all characters cost X or less back into play. Maybe increase his cost as well.

Ok lets say Hehkeem costs 8 with this ability. At 10 resources you can get all two cost and lower characters. In that case the set of cards is smaller and that may encourage the use of more two cost cards for Hehkeem. The problem is how late you would play Hehkeem. Play him on turn 10 and the opponent can increase his resources for Calamity. Then Hehkeem may become to unplayable. And this change would also effect Conscripted Militia as you would need to boost to 11 resources. That would be to late for the deck as it is obvious what you are playing when the opponent looks at your graveyard and you are very unlikely to hold out until you play Hehkeem. So the change I suggested may work better for him.

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2016, 02:30:31 AM »

Ok lets say Hehkeem costs 8 with this ability. At 10 resources you can get all two cost and lower characters. In that case the set of cards is smaller and that may encourage the use of more two cost cards for Hehkeem. The problem is how late you would play Hehkeem. Play him on turn 10 and the opponent can increase his resources for Calamity. Then Hehkeem may become to unplayable. And this change would also effect Conscripted Militia as you would need to boost to 11 resources. That would be to late for the deck as it is obvious what you are playing when the opponent looks at your graveyard and you are very unlikely to hold out until you play Hehkeem. So the change I suggested may work better for him.

Or keep him at 7. Now he costs all his resources for 3 and less. I mean or you can boost your resources and add more characters. Optionally you could DECREASE his resources and add my ability. I feel this allows more flexibility and actually gives you more time to mess with his grave maybe.

Or better they could make other cards that help deal with hekheem raise.

Offline Interesting_Socks

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2016, 09:18:43 PM »
"When you deploy Hekeem, remove the Faction Sleepers of Averach from the game... forever"

Offline ORISOLVE

• In the service of The Holy Roman Empire since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2016, 11:11:33 PM »
"When you deploy Hekeem, remove the Faction Sleepers of Averach from the game... forever"

+1
Where there's a will, there's a way.

Offline ecliptix

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2016, 05:26:30 AM »
"Remove all characters in your grave from the game. For each character removed from the game in this way, create a 4/4 undead zombie in your support zone"

He's still good - but AoE = Rekt

"When you deploy Hekeem, remove the Faction Sleepers of Averach from the game RANKED... forever"

+1

I still wanna play them for funsies :P
No matter the problem, the solution is always a flying emberstarter.

Offline Number11

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2016, 03:22:55 PM »
I just realized something about the idea Hiding had for Hehkeem. If you are using multiple Hehkeem you can start by reviving 2 cost characters and below from the grave and if they are removed with calamity then a second Hehkeem could revive 3 cost characters from the grave. This way if you make sure to not be to greedy by reviving all your characters, then you can recover more easily after a calamity. This implementation would give better control of how much of the graveyard you bring back at any given time.

I was wondering what if Hehkeem costed 5 resources and the pay X when played will only bring back characters that cost X and not characters with less cost. Then you could play him turn 6 for 1 cost characters, turn 7 for 2 cost characters or even turn 8 for 3 cost characters. With this implementation, Hehkeem will not be able to bring as many characters back at once but at the same time the calamity would not have as bad of an effect on the SoA player.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 03:27:10 PM by Number11 »

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2016, 05:20:21 AM »
I just realized something about the idea Hiding had for Hehkeem. If you are using multiple Hehkeem you can start by reviving 2 cost characters and below from the grave and if they are removed with calamity then a second Hehkeem could revive 3 cost characters from the grave. This way if you make sure to not be to greedy by reviving all your characters, then you can recover more easily after a calamity. This implementation would give better control of how much of the graveyard you bring back at any given time.

I was wondering what if Hehkeem costed 5 resources and the pay X when played will only bring back characters that cost X and not characters with less cost. Then you could play him turn 6 for 1 cost characters, turn 7 for 2 cost characters or even turn 8 for 3 cost characters. With this implementation, Hehkeem will not be able to bring as many characters back at once but at the same time the calamity would not have as bad of an effect on the SoA player.

Well my original idea was to nerf him a bit yes, but also make him more adaptable. He can now revive bigger things for a cost or smaller things for cheaper. You can make decks utilizing this more instead of crap tones of cheap zombies (though not sure what other options we got here).