Author Topic: Weekly Post #17: Post-Reborn, New Cards, Community Updates  (Read 11082 times)

Offline MerliniX

• View Profile
Re: Weekly Post #17: Post-Reborn, New Cards, Community Updates
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2016, 02:44:18 AM »
cant help but think  the bulk  negativity is secretly for some people to elect themselves onto  an infinity council lol
just sayin

If they asked me tomorrow to go back to the council I would say no, and so would the vast majority of the former council members. We worked way too hard and constantly got shat on and watched the game get shat on, and while some of the textures and flavors of the feces involved were new and unique at the end of the day a turd is a turd.

Offline zekses

• Translator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2016, 02:47:32 AM »
I was never on the council nor do I see myself there, but I spotted toxicity of Death Blast in like a second after a read and "wait,what?"

Offline largenuggets [BoD]

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2016, 02:56:55 AM »
The cards seem interesting, not gonna jump to conclusions about this, but they do definitely seem like very abusable cards in theory. I mean a Ixxi just is stupid and adds nothing of value to the game overall lol. Plus death blast is interesting. I honestly don't think it will be too bad, I mean dark blast is already kinda poor value, so making it have the potential to deal more isn't too bad. I think it will just end up being a hate card for token heavy decks such as sleepers, OOS, and others. Overall I'll just have to test more. Probably would be really abusable in 2cov 1oos heal/burn too.

Offline NatoPotato

• Guns don't kill people, ninjas kill people.
    • View Profile
    • CLICK ME
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2016, 03:01:46 AM »
What I think could be interesting way for Death Blast to work is if you could target X characters in the opponents graveyard and deal damage based on their total resource cost (something like target 2 characters and deal damage equal to total cost, or target 5 characters and deal damage equal to half the total cost, something along those lines), that way it rewards sending an opponents key characters to the graveyard, as opposed to just 'kill everything' and it getting out of hand.

Offline ORISOLVE

• In the service of The Holy Roman Empire since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2016, 03:25:44 AM »
Question: How many cards are in the new set?
Where there's a will, there's a way.

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2016, 03:39:42 AM »

Guess: 100
Resident LoreNinja, Tavern-Ninja
Gao Han or Gao Home!
Into the Fray, a novel of Infinity Wars
Weekly Storywriting Stream

Offline Kevkas

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2016, 04:18:00 AM »
Remember when precautionary measures didn't have a limit of 3 cards from the graveyard?
Let's not do that again.

We could change the card completely, or just add a simple limit to the number of cards it can use.

I agree with Nato here, sounds like Death Blast should get a limit of how many creatures from the graveyard can benefit its effect, otherwise I see it being too efficient.

As for Ixxi... I like the name, I like the art, but the effect... I don't like it, I'd say if you want to keep it as a 'plays itself' effect, then make it so that it reshuffles back to your own deck (not your opponents) and increase its cost. He'll end up playing himself next time he comes up, but it will take your own resources, not your opponent's resources.

Offline DrewUniverse

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2016, 04:20:28 AM »

I can't answer that now, but I can soon™. On a personal note I believe the set size to be fully appropriate and not short-changed at all when it comes to set size. I'll be more exact in the coming updates.

Thanks to those of you who provided more detailed insights - I personally like the idea of Death Blast having a maximum damage, or tapering off its effectiveness. (2 damage for the first ~7-10 creatures, 1 damage for all additional creatures or just a hard cap of ~20 damage for starting examples)

Offline Adorabear

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2016, 04:26:24 AM »

I can't answer that now, but I can soon™. On a personal note I believe the set size to be fully appropriate and not short-changed at all when it comes to set size.

If you are already pre-emptively justifying the set size im guessing its a smalllllll 'set' then lol. Around 10 cards? Or maybe 2 per faction? Guess we will find out soon.
Goose got me loose!

Offline OneTwo

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2016, 04:59:30 AM »
I have to admit, that i like Ixxi. Its a horrible recurring nightmare, but overall... something fresh.
If its low or zero morale, 3x Exile and Unique i might be fine with it. With haste even better - if you pay 7 ressources, you want to have the feature to place it wherever you want. There is already a demand for more "out of game" effects like Kali, Banish etc for some more factions... such a card would increase the demand.

For the Death Blast. I dont like direct Fortress Dmg at all (not only CoV related)! Anger of Veroria was the only card with a real downside for the user, and maybe the only balanced one. I see some demand of CoV to stand a bit taller against well tweaked FD decks - but im not sure if thats the right answer.

My questions regarding the card and set distribution i already posted 2 days ago in the #16 post. Hope you are able to adapt some of these questions in the upcomming post.

I can't answer that now, but I can soon™. On a personal note I believe the set size to be fully appropriate and not short-changed at all when it comes to set size.

If you are already pre-emptively justifying the set size im guessing its a smalllllll 'set' then lol. Around 10 cards? Or maybe 2 per faction? Guess we will find out soon.

Would be a funny new world.

Every 2 weeks new LP Alt-Arts
Every 4 weeks new LP 10 Card Set
Every 6 weeks new DLC
Every 8 weeks LP Gold Pentas with Gold+Foil increased
Every 12 weeks LP real new Set

While weekly constantly reducing the chances in each pack of beeing premium or hitting a legendary. Same for rift runs ;)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 05:10:31 AM by OneTwo »

Offline Rethorian

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2016, 05:20:26 AM »
Both new cards are toxic in their own, poorly designed ways.

I could go into detail, but better players than me have already explained it way better than I could.

TLDR: RNG Garbage cards that literally decide the game have no place in IW

Poorly designed burn card that situationally keeps token style decks out of the meta makes another design dead end for the game (because we dont have enough of those).

Offline DrewUniverse

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2016, 05:47:21 AM »

Nice try Bear. Knowing what the community would expect, I've got a good idea of how large a set would need to be. See for yourselves in good time! In the meantime we have other improvements to make.

Offline CommunistMountain

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2016, 06:15:31 AM »
Opinion: yeah Death Blast needs to be rebalanced, and I don't really like the concept of Ixxi regardless of balance.

Offline Trevinburgh

• View Profile
    • IWgamewiki
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2016, 06:21:23 AM »
Whoever did the artwork for Ixxi did a perfect job. As soon as I saw it I wanted to smash its face in - and that was before reading what it does!

I'm afraid I agree with the negativity so far. I don't play Exiles because I don't like RNG - the last thing I want is it being added to my deck. Be very careful with randomness - I'm sure you've seen the reaction to Pandora Artifacts in Faeria, they might have killed that game.

Suggestion: to keep him annoying but have the RNG annoyance restricted to the deck he's in, how about making him overpowered for his cost but he randomly moves between the owner's zones at the start of the turn.

Death Blast is a good idea but way too powerful. Rather than a complex damage ramp I think I'd simply say it does 1 damage for each card in the graveyard. That way it would still be powerful but more situational; it would be more of an end game card and require more thought (=skill) in timing.

But despite all that: New cards! Yay!!!  :D

Offline tmoua805

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2016, 06:23:22 AM »
What I think could be interesting way for Death Blast to work is if you could target X characters in the opponents graveyard and deal damage based on their total resource cost (something like target 2 characters and deal damage equal to total cost, or target 5 characters and deal damage equal to half the total cost, something along those lines), that way it rewards sending an opponents key characters to the graveyard, as opposed to just 'kill everything' and it getting out of hand.

Interesting concept for Death Blast. Hmmm... I feel that maybe it should be like "Pay X and Target X characters in the opponent's graveyard and deal 2 damage for each X amount paid" so pretty much the damage caps out at 20 with a cost of 10.