Author Topic: game crash when i open store and edit deck  (Read 979 times)

Aldwin

game crash when i open store and edit deck
« on: June 16, 2016, 03:24:39 AM »
I recently re-installed infinity wars after delete the game last year. But i encountered very annoying problem. The game crash every time i open store or edit deck after several minutes :(. it didn't happen when i play a game with friend or during campaign. help me please.......

FYI
>i didn't encounter this problem when i play this game last year even with 1 GB RAM PC.  Now i use 2 GB RAM laptop
>i install the game after Infinity Wars Reborn beta 2.0 released.

Offline aldwin160

• View Profile
game crash when i open store and edit deck
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2016, 04:01:50 AM »
here i attach the error log and output log.

(i'm the same guy as the creator of this thread.)

Offline Klassick

• View Profile
Re: game crash when i open store and edit deck
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2016, 04:34:14 AM »
Hi, do you face something similar to what is described here?

http://forum.lightmare.com.au/index.php?topic=66196.0

Offline Crestmoor

• Infinity Wars Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2016, 05:30:27 AM »
Hey folks,

we're having our dev team take a look at these logs.  It's likely a out of memory issue but we should know more soon.

Can you pls also post the specs of your setup including the following to help us troubleshoot?

* PC config (RAM, CPU, graphics card, etc)
* OS (Windows or Mac + version)
* Are you using the Infinity Wars steam client or standalone client?

Crestmoor
Crestmoor the Omnimind
-----------------------------
Draft deck with Omnimind, Lanstead and War Machine = A can of WhoopAss for all occasions

Offline aldwin160

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2016, 06:29:30 AM »
Hi, do you face something similar to what is described here?

http://forum.lightmare.com.au/index.php?topic=66196.0

yeah2, that's right. especially on this point :
>The ridiculous crash when building a deck. Suddenly either you see pure black/white in the card's animated art, or the cards in your collection start to become black with a white oval in the middle.

Offline aldwin160

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2016, 06:38:42 AM »
Hey folks,

we're having our dev team take a look at these logs.  It's likely a out of memory issue but we should know more soon.

Can you pls also post the specs of your setup including the following to help us troubleshoot?

* PC config (RAM, CPU, graphics card, etc)
* OS (Windows or Mac + version)
* Are you using the Infinity Wars steam client or standalone client?

Crestmoor

Laptop type : Lenovo G400
RAM : 2 GB (1,9 GB usable)
Processor : Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @1.90Ghz
System type : 32-bit Operating System
Client : via Steam

my friend also experienced same problem with his old laptop. but my other friend do not experience this problem with his godly new laptop. Hope this additional info can help infinity wars team troubleshoot this problem.

anyway thank you for your fast response :D

Offline Crestmoor

• Infinity Wars Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2016, 07:34:13 AM »
thanks Aldwin,

The team is looking into now but preliminary analysis seems to point to a low memory issue.  One suggestion to try in the mean-time is to use a memory optimization launcher such as Razer Cortex to see if it helps.  I run it myself when I play Infinity Wars and it basically optimizes your PC's memory when you are playing the game.  Not sure if it will help in your case but give it a try and let us know if it does help.

Link to cortex is here http://www.razerzone.com/cortex

We'll keep investigating the problem to see what we can do in the game itself.
Crestmoor
Crestmoor the Omnimind
-----------------------------
Draft deck with Omnimind, Lanstead and War Machine = A can of WhoopAss for all occasions

Offline aldwin160

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2016, 08:31:37 AM »
thanks Aldwin,

The team is looking into now but preliminary analysis seems to point to a low memory issue.  One suggestion to try in the mean-time is to use a memory optimization launcher such as Razer Cortex to see if it helps.  I run it myself when I play Infinity Wars and it basically optimizes your PC's memory when you are playing the game.  Not sure if it will help in your case but give it a try and let us know if it does help.

Link to cortex is here http://www.razerzone.com/cortex

We'll keep investigating the problem to see what we can do in the game itself.
Crestmoor

i already tried RazerCortex but the game still crashed. please check my attachment below. i provide my laptop performance without infinity wars (without infinity wars.png), my laptop performance with infinity wars (with infinity wars {on campaign menu}.png), and the game client when it's about to crash (broken animation and broken card image.png).

Oh yeah, maybe the programming team can improve "setting" so that i can turn off card animation and reduce video quality. i and maybe some players don't really care about aesthetic in game and more care about game performance. With all the animation, my laptop is heated up quickly so i need to cool down it periodically.

Offline aldwin160

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2016, 08:38:55 AM »
.....last attachment.... (sorry for bad quality, i compress it because file size limit is 128 KB)

Offline volumet

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2016, 04:44:13 PM »
So do i :((

Offline Pixelei

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2016, 08:40:43 PM »
I've sent roughly 15 output logs regarding this crash so far. Hopefully, it'll get fixed soon. 3 gigs of RAM isn't great, but it isn't that bad either, and the game has been crashing much more frequently since the relaunch.

I plan on doing a format and windows reinstall this weekend, so hopefully, things will get better.

Offline NTL

• If you think I'm wrong - think harder...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2016, 12:01:50 PM »
Same problem here (4 GB RAM),  deck edition is really painful now, was problematic before Reborn too, but now it crashes really fast.
 Give us option to to turn off card animations in deck builder (+ sideboard during BO3) at least, I can bet that would help greatly. Overall game is more unstable now sadly.

Offline Pixelei

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2016, 06:20:50 PM »
Alright alright, guys, listen, guys. Listen.

This weekend I decided to thoroughly format my hard drive. I don't just mean the windows boot default "format" which takes roughly a second. I nuked my hard drive using DBAN (took roughly 8 hours for 300 GB) and reinstalled windows.

Currently I've got 15 GB of space on my system partition and 66 GB on my other partition and IW works flawlessly now. Well, nearly, but nothing related to crashes.

So, my advice, format your hard drive or just clean it up thoroughly. Did wonders for me.