Author Topic: Patch Notes - Version 2.0 "Reborn"  (Read 10894 times)

Offline DrewUniverse

• View Profile
Patch Notes - Version 2.0 "Reborn"
« on: June 13, 2016, 05:58:41 PM »

Hey folks! The Infinity Wars Reborn 2.0 update is here. And, this is the first time I have personally gotten to post patch notes for a game, ever. Woah.. Whoa? Yes.

To kick things off, a new login screen greets you with a randomly featured card in the game. This fresh feel doesn’t stop there, however. The campaign have received a substantial update, featuring four faction trials and over 20 missions to get you accustomed to what a game of Infinity Wars feels like. The map has also been given a sleek visual overhaul to help players understand how three realities layer over a single world. Give it a try and immerse yourself in our lore, be it for the first time or all over again.

Next we have an improved PVP experience. Fixed Deck Arena is here to give new players a more gentle introduction to PVP with pre-built decks available to choose from - try them out! The Draft experience has been given some quality touch-ups. Card picks are now more easily reviewed so you know what you have selected so far, and alphabetical ranking for tie scores is a thing of the past! Rift Tokens are also here as a new currency for you Rift Runs. These tokens will be offered as level-up rewards, daily login bonuses, etc. You may also buy in packs of 10 or more for a discount!

The store dashboard has also been given some much-needed attention. Now, each vanity item you can acquire is able to be previewed right in the store, before you buy. Battlefields, Card Backs, and Avatars can all be previewed. In addition, card packs now show examples of which cards may be acquired in each set. Last but not least, the pack-opening experience has been given some love: Each time you open a booster pack, a rift will appear to open and your cards will appear from within the rift.

Here are the item-by-item bullet points of changes made in Reborn 2.0:

Store Experience
  • Item previews for all items in store
  • Items in your inventory now stack automatically.
  • All new store interface with the following sections: Featured Items, Card Packs, Decks, Avatars, Card Backs, Battlefields, Miscellaneous

Game Experience
  • Addition of Fixed Deck Arena, catered to new players.
  • Campaign experience expanded, with four faction trials and 21 missions; campaign map given a visual overhaul to convey the concept of parallel realities on a single world.
  • Better user feedback for rewards at the end of a match.
  • (Draft) Cards in Drafted Deck will now enlarge on mouse-over for easy viewing
  • (Draft) Alphabetical sorting for tied scores removed. Replaced with new sorting method: First person to attain a given score (say, 27 wins), will always be ranked highest for that score. The second player to score 27 wins will rank directly under them, then the third player to get 27 wins, and so on.

Miscellaneous
  • New login screen, with less wait time to login.
  • Performance optimizations
  • Optimized a lot of the client slowdown that was occurring when logging in or receiving new cards.
  • Removed the Alternate Modes button in the Constructed tab. Less than .1% of players were using the alternate modes, so they are being removed for now. Know that we want to preserve pauper in the meantime, players can still check deck legality for pauper status and arrange those match types with their opponents in a custom game.
  • Fixed a minor spelling mistake in Flame Dawn Fanatic’s text.
  • Fixed a minor grammar mistake in Rita, Shadow Priestess’s text.
  • Updated Aberion’s Banner’s text to clarify that the buff only happens once even if the character attacks multiple times in one turn.
  • Updated Infest’s text to clarify that a character is only created if the target dies to Infest.

Bug Fixes
  • Updated the networking protocols to match the version our cloud server hosts were using, fixing several issues with game invites and slow matchmaking.
  • Tome of the Dead will now properly interact with Undisturbed Necropolis (as well as several other cards).
  • Fixed a rare desync caused by Mass Death.
  • Fixed a bug where other players would not see your updated title and avatar if changed after logging in, but rather always see a snapshot of what they were when you first logged in.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 06:32:17 PM by DrewUniverse »

Offline Heyheuhei

• View Profile
Re: Patch Notes - Version 2.0 "Reborn"
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2016, 06:16:47 PM »
Yay, eventually, but.. https://snag.gy/RS0EkA.jpg

Offline ThulsaDoom

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2016, 10:33:58 PM »
Still can't log in to the game. Stuck on Account authenticated loading profile. Doesn't go any further then the login screen. I already was a member of the steam client and i was already a member of this game before this update. So why cant i log in? Are the servers still down or something?

Offline DrewUniverse

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2016, 11:52:38 PM »
The server is open to the public, but this is definitely an issue multiple players are having. Hang in there, our devs will be in the office for work in a few hours to make the login issue, and the no-EXP/leveling issues a top priority.

Offline Candit

• "I make this game, James." #Poga
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2016, 05:56:59 AM »
Well, there goes my day 5 login bonus.

My life is over. :P
"Please cease with the bumping of this particular issue." #The_Universe

Offline Pelagoth

• Sock Puppet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2016, 06:49:42 AM »
First things first.

This is a great foundation for a relaunch of Infinity Wars. As I heard multiple times from the devs and the CM, the road won't end here, it only Begins. So I and everyone else will have something great to look forward to these coming weeks/months/(years?). I am very pleased with the distribution of things. Especially the hardly delayed ETA of relaunch worked quite smooth (unlike for instance there Warlords of Draenor launch.... *shudder*).

There happened to occur quite a bunch of unknown bugs with relaunch though (as I feared), but I am quite confident that we will see rapid hotfixes for the most trivial bugs quite soon.

After the Bugs have been cleared out of the way, it's definitely time to Rally in some fresh meat and spice up those steam reviews. I really want to wait for the hotfixes as I don't want to give new players the impression of advertising a bugged game (mostly the current XP and campaign bugs).

What still nags me a little:
  • Login Screen doesn't login automatically and takes quite long (even longer than before. I timed it). Also no option to turn off animations anymore (correct me if I'm wrong).
  • New draft sorting still not optimal. It's a great improvement to alphabetical order, but even though this first-come-first-serve placement sorting was initially one of my ideas, I am now against it and would rather have a tied scores sorting, which is justice to everyone. Yep, that's me complaining about something I suggested.
  • Better user Feedback for rewards at the end of a game is quite obnoxious for People that are acquinted with it. If it's only for IP/XP reward displaying, then I wish for an Option to turn it off. If there will be bigger plans with that new feature, then maybe it's not as bad as it seems. However, I still would like to see an option to turn it off eventually.

The above feedback of cons from my Point-of-view only have a smaller portion of my experience and wouldn't have a high priority on things to change. Other things are more important atm. Overall I am quite satisfied with the current changes to the game. :)

Offline Trevinburgh

• View Profile
    • IWgamewiki
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2016, 07:01:06 AM »
Login Screen doesn't login automatically and takes quite long (even longer than before. I timed it). Also no option to turn off animations anymore (correct me if I'm wrong).

Please return the option to turn off animations. The game needs as many players as possible, even those of us on antediluvian hardware.

Offline Teremus

• Really Cool Moose
  • Hide your cheese.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2016, 07:55:24 AM »
Login Screen doesn't login automatically and takes quite long (even longer than before. I timed it). Also no option to turn off animations anymore (correct me if I'm wrong).

Please return the option to turn off animations. The game needs as many players as possible, even those of us on antediluvian hardware.

git gud hardwur pls
No seriously, I really like cheese.

Quote from: Poga
I make this game, James.

Offline Heyheuhei

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2016, 08:32:54 AM »
i login super quick comparing to before. Also i didnt had any crash or lag since reborn release, packs now open for me super quick and without lag too. And my pc is bad one :P :P :P
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 08:41:04 AM by Heyheuhei »

Offline Pelagoth

• Sock Puppet
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2016, 09:12:04 AM »
And my pc is bad one :P :P :P

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Offline Klassick

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2016, 12:04:47 PM »

Offline Rawonall

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2016, 01:03:22 PM »
Hey, good job overall.
I'm particularly happy about the "beta" tag in the login screen, now I have evidence I'm right when I claim the game is in a beta stage in the forums and people will finally stop hushing me by saying nonsense like "not in beta, the game went gold last year!"

Offline SuicideMaster

• Translator
    • View Profile
    • Group about Infinity Wars in Vkontakte
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2016, 05:15:06 PM »
When Rise penta-pack would be added to the Store?
https://vk.com/infinitywarstcg - группа Infinity Wars в контакте (Infinity Wars community in Vkontakte)
www.TCGO.ru – русскоязычный сайт об Infinity Wars и других цифровых ККИ (Russian site about Infinity Wars and other digital TCGs).

Offline DrewUniverse

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2016, 07:31:19 PM »
When Rise penta-pack would be added to the Store?

I flagged that yesterday, it'll probably come in soon. Yesterday we were more focused on fixing critical bugs.

Offline Rawonall

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2016, 04:53:46 PM »

• (Draft) Alphabetical sorting for tied scores removed. Replaced with new sorting method: First person to attain a given score (say, 27 wins), will always be ranked highest for that score. The second player to score 27 wins will rank directly under them, then the third player to get 27 wins, and so on.

Doesn't work. Look it up. (I was the first to attain 16 wins and Krisnata25 is above me in the ranking.)