Hey folks! The Infinity Wars Reborn 2.0 update is here. And, this is the first time I have personally gotten to post patch notes for a game, ever. Woah.. Whoa? Yes.
To kick things off, a new login screen greets you with a randomly featured card in the game. This fresh feel doesn’t stop there, however. The campaign have received a substantial update, featuring four faction trials and over 20 missions to get you accustomed to what a game of Infinity Wars feels like. The map has also been given a sleek visual overhaul to help players understand how three realities layer over a single world. Give it a try and immerse yourself in our lore, be it for the first time or all over again.
Next we have an improved PVP experience. Fixed Deck Arena is here to give new players a more gentle introduction to PVP with pre-built decks available to choose from - try them out! The Draft experience has been given some quality touch-ups. Card picks are now more easily reviewed so you know what you have selected so far, and alphabetical ranking for tie scores is a thing of the past! Rift Tokens are also here as a new currency for you Rift Runs. These tokens will be offered as level-up rewards, daily login bonuses, etc. You may also buy in packs of 10 or more for a discount!
The store dashboard has also been given some much-needed attention. Now, each vanity item you can acquire is able to be previewed right in the store, before you buy. Battlefields, Card Backs, and Avatars can all be previewed. In addition, card packs now show examples of which cards may be acquired in each set. Last but not least, the pack-opening experience has been given some love: Each time you open a booster pack, a rift will appear to open and your cards will appear from within the rift.
Here are the item-by-item bullet points of changes made in Reborn 2.0:Store Experience
- Item previews for all items in store
- Items in your inventory now stack automatically.
- All new store interface with the following sections: Featured Items, Card Packs, Decks, Avatars, Card Backs, Battlefields, Miscellaneous
- Addition of Fixed Deck Arena, catered to new players.
- Campaign experience expanded, with four faction trials and 21 missions; campaign map given a visual overhaul to convey the concept of parallel realities on a single world.
- Better user feedback for rewards at the end of a match.
- (Draft) Cards in Drafted Deck will now enlarge on mouse-over for easy viewing
- (Draft) Alphabetical sorting for tied scores removed. Replaced with new sorting method: First person to attain a given score (say, 27 wins), will always be ranked highest for that score. The second player to score 27 wins will rank directly under them, then the third player to get 27 wins, and so on.
- New login screen, with less wait time to login.
- Performance optimizations
- Optimized a lot of the client slowdown that was occurring when logging in or receiving new cards.
- Removed the Alternate Modes button in the Constructed tab. Less than .1% of players were using the alternate modes, so they are being removed for now. Know that we want to preserve pauper in the meantime, players can still check deck legality for pauper status and arrange those match types with their opponents in a custom game.
- Fixed a minor spelling mistake in Flame Dawn Fanatic’s text.
- Fixed a minor grammar mistake in Rita, Shadow Priestess’s text.
- Updated Aberion’s Banner’s text to clarify that the buff only happens once even if the character attacks multiple times in one turn.
- Updated Infest’s text to clarify that a character is only created if the target dies to Infest.
- Updated the networking protocols to match the version our cloud server hosts were using, fixing several issues with game invites and slow matchmaking.
- Tome of the Dead will now properly interact with Undisturbed Necropolis (as well as several other cards).
- Fixed a rare desync caused by Mass Death.
- Fixed a bug where other players would not see your updated title and avatar if changed after logging in, but rather always see a snapshot of what they were when you first logged in.