Author Topic: Weekly Post #16: IW Reborn 2.0 reveal, and ALL the things. Seriously.  (Read 10251 times)

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
Re: Weekly Post #16: IW Reborn 2.0 reveal, and ALL the things. Seriously.
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2016, 06:18:06 PM »
Announcement: in honor of the relaunch, I'll be finishing up Into the Fray by the time Reborn goes live and, if there's interest, will be holding a Q&A about Into the Fray and my writing as a whole.
Resident LoreNinja, Tavern-Ninja
Gao Han or Gao Home!
Into the Fray, a novel of Infinity Wars
Weekly Storywriting Stream

Offline zekses

• Translator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2016, 06:28:10 PM »
I seriously hope you guys know what you are doing cause ( based on feedback above ) I am not sure you do. At least disable russian language pack for a relaunch until it's feature complete.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 06:30:45 PM by zekses »

Offline Dreamplume

• Dream of a Dreamplume
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2016, 06:48:17 PM »
Did I just here new cards o.oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo might be interesting to come back and play again. Hello all been awhile if anyone remembers me lol.

Offline Klassick

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2016, 06:52:25 PM »
Announcement: in honor of the relaunch, I'll be finishing up Into the Fray by the time Reborn goes live and, if there's interest, will be holding a Q&A about Into the Fray and my writing as a whole.

Nice! I was wainting the conclusion to read all at once! :)

Q&A would be nice!!!

==

Ok, we had some valid points here (Adora / Pelagoth) but, I do believe that, at least, we are on the right track here.

We have the "basic" for the relaunch and we can't forget that one of the main IW Team promises for the relaunch was to get the bugs out of the way.

And they made it.

Comparing how the game was before and the game we have now, I can say I like the results.

"But, Klassick, having a game with little or no bugs is BASIC!"

Ok, I know, but my point is simple:

IW relaunch, for me, is a (RE)STARTING POINT.

And we have a nice (re)start here.

Also, as Adora said, I believe that we'll have "the meat and potatoes features" implemented very soon too.

I am with Benionin here: I'm still excited for the relaunch too.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 06:55:54 PM by Klassick »

Offline Onyx

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2016, 07:12:00 PM »
I wonder if what we see on Steam Beta will be exactly what we will see on re-launch or perhaps in the meantime they did a few additional things that weren't put into the Steam Beta?

It would be good if they would take care of some smaller things that old players may not take notice of but might affect how new players see the game.

For example: rework all the badges (no OoS badge, cannot get the campaign badge or lvl-up badge), the quest system is pretty bare, an official rule-book would be neat.....

.... aaaaand that's it, gonna be late for work.

Offline ORISOLVE

• In the service of The Holy Roman Empire since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2016, 07:15:25 PM »
I too am with the bear, not to be skeptical, but these exact promises have been made before time and time again and nothing has changed. The new updates aren't exactly a relaunch if more than 50% of the game is still in rubble. I don't see it as "relaunch material" more like a patch of sorts.

My personal advice ...

Please do not relaunch the game. There are so many issues that need to be fixed before I would present this game to a gaming community. What is this? A QuinceaƱera? You are not ready to be presented to others. So when would I present this game ideally?

1. Fix Ranked
2. Fix Draft
3. Fix Trade
4. Fix Campaign (Hopefully you guys did this finally)
5. Fix Bugs (I have still encountered numerous bugs with desync and have cost me matches)

I don't mean to sound harsh but ... You guys have literally done nothing to improve the "overall" quality of the game. The updates are great and all but the core aspects of this Trading Card Game is still not there yet. Many of the updates are trivial stuff, I know you guys worked hard but still. How do you expect to deal with a population of 10000 spammers in the global chat, or even with botters? Another failed relaunch will destroy the reputation of this game and the future of this game. This is a TCG, how can you expect to relaunch when we can't even trade. The filters are so buggy. How can you expect veteran players to be excited when they are still losing 70 pts for a loss/draw and gaining 5 for a win? What are you going to do? Give us alt. art and premium prizes? I think it's fair to say most Veterans could care less. Cultivated Draft ... why does this exist? This is a confusing as hell concept and you guys have arbitrarily picked random cards to ban or remove from decks/command zones or changed rarities. What if a new player expects to get a certain card and they don't even know the card is banned because the Cultivated Draft list is random and not easily accessible? The way I would have done it would be with very low drop rates but every card in existence could still be drafted. You need to please the Veteran players because the most toxic advertising will come from us. Even if a million new players join the game, if a single Veteran players has even a single valid reason for saying the game sucks, it will spread like wildfire.

Where there's a will, there's a way.

Offline largenuggets [BoD]

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2016, 07:23:52 PM »
I have to agree with bear and orisolve as well. There are definitely things that need to be fixed before this game is relaunched... This update should still go live but I think yodomare is kidding themselves and us if they think they can call that an actual "relaunch" relaunch would mean new UI, new cards, ranked overhaul, new trade interface or system rework entirely, and more. The changes planned for this relaunch are simply a nice decent sized update, but definitely not enough to call it a relaunch. I understand the team is small, but all that means is you need to take more time with this relaunch and not rush into things. I for one am ok with waiting as long as it takes. Keep releasing new alt arts and make cool buyable decks (not like the trash on the PBE right now, I already gave drew a piece of my mind there) and get feedback before relaunching. I think it would be a huge mistake to re-release the game in it's current state. It's going to die if that happens. Also I can't emphasize enough how important the relaunch is. The game has already had a gold launch, and now it's having a relaunch. There will NOT be another shot at this. I for one have never heard of a game getting a "re-relaunch" before, it's just not gonna happen.

As I said, still definitely release the planned update, but please don't call it a relaunch...
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 07:43:34 PM by largenuggets [BoD] »

Offline Trevinburgh

• View Profile
    • IWgamewiki
« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2016, 07:40:01 PM »
Agree that there aren't a lot of highly visible improvements yet. But if we consider one of the new features to be 'Fixed most bugs and (almost) eliminated desyncs' then this is a *huge* step forward.

I agree with Klassick:
We have the "basic" for the relaunch and we can't forget that one of the main IW Team promises for the relaunch was to get the bugs out of the way.

And they made it.

Comparing how the game was before and the game we have now, I can say I like the results.

"But, Klassick, having a game with little or no bugs is BASIC!"

Ok, I know, but my point is simple:

IW relaunch, for me, is a (RE)STARTING POINT.

And we have a nice (re)start here.

This is a relaunch in the sense that the ship is now seaworthy.

It would have been nice to have had some more features, of course. But let's not forget commercial considerations: Yodo has spent six months of dev time on this project, how much more can they put in before trying to get some return? I'd love to 'wait as long as it takes' but that time costs money. At the end of the day IW (unfortunately) has to pay for itself.

I think relaunching now is a good applicaton of the Pareto principle. If there are still no new features in another six months I'll be disappointed, but right now I'm feeling positive.

Offline ORISOLVE

• In the service of The Holy Roman Empire since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2016, 09:40:37 PM »
The Titanic was once ready.  ;)
Where there's a will, there's a way.

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2016, 09:44:56 PM »
The Titanic was once ready.  ;)

Not quite. There were a number of incomplete or poorly done features of the Titanic that played a role in her sinking (along with the whole Iceberg thing--which, by the way, would have done far less damage if they had just hit it instead of trying to dodge). The Gold Launch was more akin to the Titanic than this one: fancy, everybody was excited, going full steam ahead, but there were a lot of underlying bugs and issues that eventually reared their ugly heads and threatened to bring the ship down.

Only this time, the ship has been saved and patched up.
Gao Han or Gao Home!

Offline Adorabear

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2016, 01:55:31 AM »
The Bear makes excellent points, but I'm still excited for the relaunch. Perhaps I'm too easily hyped, but I'm always happy to see any kind of progress.

Also note that in the old post Adorabear linked, Coyle mentions further mobile development. While I don't care about the mobile platform, I know that it's important to a number of people. I also know that it'll take a lot of work and that YM is focusing on getting the PC version smoothed out first.

Yea im always happy to see any kind of progress as well. Excited for Into the fray actually :)
Goose got me loose!

Offline Nehkrimah

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2016, 04:01:04 AM »
Awesome stuff, I'm excited about it, especially new cards, it had been getting a bit stale recently to be honest.

While I agree that the client isn't perfect yet, I see the logic and necessity of going re-release.

I do think that mostly everything is functional in the client, and a greater playerbase and new cards would hopefully give you guys and girls the income to prosper. This game is awesome and I'd really love to see it flourish.

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2016, 04:24:47 AM »
Yea im always happy to see any kind of progress as well. Excited for Into the fray actually :)

*gulp.

Looks like the pressure's on. Serves me right for making promises. Now I'm gonna have to write good well.

UPDATE: Chapter 7 has been written and is being edited. It's looking rather promising at the moment and will hopefully be a thrilling conclusion to the story. Also, I'm going to be working with Wayfinder on the Q&A session--more details to come.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 07:44:29 AM by Benionin »
Gao Han or Gao Home!

Offline Pelagoth

• Sock Puppet
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2016, 05:52:55 AM »
As I posted and feared elsewhere: many community members will have too high expectations of the Relaunch patch, thus it seems unsatisfying. I for one think it's decent. Though I don't understand why the Action Log is not going to be implemented. I need details as to why the devs of this game are unable to implement this most crucial feature.

Seriously, implement the f***ing Action Log...

Offline Rawonall

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2016, 07:50:17 AM »
the Cultivated Draft list is random and not easily accessible

the word you are looking for is "arbitrary" but it doesn't really matter since cultivated draft is indeed  the best feature implemented in the last year, still not perfect sure but WAY better than the random (oh the irony!) mess we had before. Remember facing a command zone Zuza for example? I do, and I thank the Rift Gods everyday for not allowing it to happen ever again.