Author Topic: Weekly Post #16: IW Reborn 2.0 reveal, and ALL the things. Seriously.  (Read 10250 times)

Offline DrewUniverse

• View Profile
Re: Weekly Post #16: IW Reborn 2.0 reveal, and ALL the things. Seriously.
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2016, 06:06:23 PM »
Whats up with translation? Can you update google table for further translation?

Zekses and I began talks about translation, I am getting back to him shortly. Thanks for the reminder though! Localization is personally one of my top interests, you can expect me to push for additional languages over time, too.

Offline ORISOLVE

• In the service of The Holy Roman Empire since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2016, 06:18:30 PM »
New cards? Just playing cards!
http://forum.lightmare.com.au/index.php?topic=65913.msg157748#msg157748

Advertising? How about 52 pickup on the streets of Australia and China? AKA Littering.  ;D
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 06:37:18 PM by ORISOLVE »
Where there's a will, there's a way.

Offline watchmedie

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2016, 09:38:11 PM »
Stop it Drew, I'm fainting! Why are you doing this to me?

Offline hibbidy_jibbidy0

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2016, 12:50:21 AM »
swooning might be a more appropriate term.....but i have a high fever right now, and kinda light headed, BUT thats probably normal lol LOL...and kinda fun in a weird way

Offline Cleanse

• View Profile
    • Message Cleanse on Infinity Wars Wiki
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2016, 01:29:12 AM »
Will there be some promo codes with sweet loot?

Offline OddfellowSteampunk

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2016, 05:37:23 AM »
I only have 2 words: Hell yes!

Offline Trevinburgh

• View Profile
    • IWgamewiki
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2016, 06:33:26 AM »
Time to count the pennies in my piggy bank

Offline Pelagoth

• Sock Puppet
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2016, 07:14:59 AM »
Okay here are my thoughts on the upcoming relaunch patch.

It is with full readiness that Yodomare can now unveil the release date for the relaunch of Infinity Wars. Barring a lightning strike in the office or the physical manifestation of a tree that grows brownies, the Reborn beta will be arriving on Monday, June 13th on the live server. It's only a week away! Keep in mind this depends somewhat on your timezone and the exact hour that we come out of server maintenance.  For those concerned about a short testing period: we wanted to make sure we could lock in this date before making the external promise to our community.
First of all, great that you keep your promise with the June Relaunch. Many other and bigger  companies fail to keep mentioned deadlines.

What I dislike though, is the short amount of PBE time we are getting to help figure out bugs or other issues (such as performance) with whatever is upcoming. (Re)Releasing a game in an untested state is sometimes worse than in an unfinished state. There is nothing more frustrating than playing a game titled as "FULL RELEASE" and suffer from performance issues or other annoyances that you aren't/weren't aware of.

Here is a short list of what's coming in Reborn!
  • New login screen, less wait time to log-in.
  • A much fuller campaign for multiple factions, with overhauled Campaign Map.
  • revamped store experience with complete item descriptions and previews, as well as new store content.
  • Fixed Deck Arena - use curated decks as a starting-point in PVP
  • Introduction of Rift Tokens for your rift runs, purchase in bulk (with IP!) at a slight discount.
  • Draft Experience - mouse-over previous card picks for full details and bigger image.
  • Assorted performance optimizations
Less wait time on Login is putting a big smile on my face. Can't put it in words how it annoyed me to wait an entire Minute every time I restarted the game. What's missing now is auto-Login Remember my name and passwords for christ's sake and just go on with the process while I go for a quick dash to the kitchen fridge.

Finally I can drag my friends back into the game with new campaign content. Hope to see this getting updated in a fast pace and not once every few months.

Still unsure what to think about Fixed Deck mode until it's actually live and further tested. I dislike the idea of Splitting constructed modes even more. Even if you get more Players flocking in, cutting the playerbase into 4 parts (Fixed/Normal/Ranked/Draft) is very risky, especially when you aren't even sure how many new players will join IW. I hope you have thought this through well. However, with multiqueuing, this problem could be solved. Hope that is at the top of your priority list.

I have a question about Rift Tokens. Will they be part of marketing campaigns aswell? For example via Facebook Redeemable Codes or Invite a Friend.

Performance optimization and Draft experience enhancement are great Features and go without saying.

Test server

Waiting a week is still too long? Come try things out on the public test server. This is possible for anyone using the Steam client. Plus, if you come during a mass test - explained at the end of this writing - you will get compensated to help us test the new content! mouse-over the box below for instructions.
I have encountered a huge performance issue in the store and pack opening. When buying stuff for either hard earned ingame currency or REAL Money, then I expect a fluent process. It took me a lot of time and nerves to buy all starter decks in the store on the PBE. I hope you can optimize the way the store works.

Also if this is a known bug, please fix it somehow, it's very frustrating:

Sometimes when I tab out and back in, I will get the bug that I can't tab out of the game anymore and am stuck in the IW Screen until I exit. So if I try to communicate with people on twitch or want to change the music I'm listening to, I will have to exit the game and restart it to get rid of the bug. If there is a way to fix it besides leaving the game entirely, let me know. Thanks.

The Road Ahead

While this release has several improvements over the old client, we acknowledge that progress should not stop here. For Yodomare, this is a solid foundation upon which we can rapidly add new content and continue to improve the game experience; player feedback included.

I'm pleased to reveal that after relaunch on June 13th, we will continue work in the directions our community has asked for with rolling updates over time. Starting with, but not limited to:

• New Cards
  • UI/UX enhancements
  • Actual seasons for ranked play with rewards for leaderboard placement
  • Trade Interface (Stability as well as feature improvement)
  • The return of a mission/quest system
  • More campaign content for additional factions
  • Multi-queue support for PVP with different decks in each queue.
  • Bulk Penta-Pack opening
I still do NOT see the mentioning of an Action-Log as ingame feature. I hope you guys are Aware of the importance of that feature. I really really hope you do. That should be at the top of your priority list with multiple exclamationmarks underlining its importance. Infact, it should've already been implemented for relaunch. New Players would thank you a lot for it.

Stoked to see the mentioned upcoming features though.

I'd also like to be able to turn off the background effects/animations of the penta-pack opening screen. It is a huge performance sucker, especially for lower tier computers. Some People don't care about the fancy eye-candy and would rather receive their cards at a faster pace.

But wait, there's more!
BILLY MAYS HERE! (RIP)

"Stop it Drew, I'm fainting! Why are you doing this to me?" Because I love you. It's okay, I just have a little more to reveal for now. Here are some more updates, consider them Community Patch Notes.
It's about sending a message.

Card Design Challenges - I will be making sure these community-run events happen regularly, and that a new judge is appointed in case the existing one becomes absent or otherwise unavailable. Prizes may also be boosted slightly to the top three finishers. Check out the latest Card Design Challenge just released by DrewMB10, it's really interesting!
While that is great to know, also consider adding a Deadline for judges. Some might extend a challenge endlessly long with continued excuses. It's hard pressuring someone we like on the forums here, so a deadline that goes for everybody would prevent such possible conflicts.

Mass Testing [/b]- a concept I originally learned from EVE Online's developers CCP. I am offering some decent compensation for anyone willing to help us test various features on the test server before Reborn goes live on June 13th! To see what I'm offering and when these tests are, just view our Steam Events and look for listings that say "Mass Test."
Just fyi: If I didn't read and convert timezones wrong, the time of this mass-testing is during the Eurocup Football game Germany vs Ukraine (Eurocup starts tomorrow). So you will be missing most Germans (me included) for this mass testing. Not asking for reschedule, just a heads up. Also consider Eurocup games for upcoming Events on Relaunch, if you want as many europeans as possible. Stay away from times where the main countries (Germany, France, Spain, England, Italy & Russia) are playing and you should be fine.

There are a few more updates and surprises coming, too. I will reveal these in the next weekly post, or at random!
Make sure that if you do it at random, everyone will be able to find out about it (announcement thread or some sort of logged data).

If you're still here with me, thanks for being patient and reading all about our latest community update. You now have permission to hunt me down in PVP matchmaking and strike me down with morale attrition, an FD rush, or your nearest copy of Coyle Mechborn. Heh, just kidding - bring it on.
I will strike you down with my army of Death Worshippers. 8)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 07:20:13 AM by Pelagoth »

Offline InvertedEye

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2016, 07:28:48 AM »
+1 to Pelagoth because he brings up some good points.

Offline Rawonall

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2016, 09:25:22 AM »
I think that revamping the trade interface is not really a priority as long as there is not an auction house... why making trade easier to perform when it's so much frustrating to setup?
Trade chat is (has always been) a terrible, terrible way for people to look for trading partners, and you should consider, as a compromise between that and a fully functional AH, to implement some sort of ingame bulletin board where people can post ads (ONE per person, for puffy's sake) and the message should have this structure:

first column: player name (clickable to open chat) with online status
second column: WTT message (with a fixed limit on available characters)
third column: LF message  (with a fixed limit on available characters)
fourth column: date/time of last edit
plus a scrolling bar.

messages should appear in LIFO order, and anybody should be able to edit/ remove his message at will

Offline Adorabear

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2016, 04:02:27 PM »
After taking some time to analyze this announcement and get my thoughts in order for some feedback here it is. Tried to format it as best I could but dont think I did very well soz not my best wall of text.
As much as I always approve of any development progress to the game I am frankly underwhelmed. The lists of things in the update is short and contains some of the most trivial upgrades I can think of as well as some rather glaring omissions. Ill go through a few of them here.

Infinity Wars Reborn improvements.

New login screen, less wait time to log-in.

Nice but trivial

A much fuller campaign for multiple factions, with overhauled Campaign Map.
This is what... the 6th time youve 'overhauled' a map and called it a feature. By all means add more to the brief campaign but can you please stop redrawing a map and calling it a new feature.

Revamped store experience with complete item descriptions and previews, as well as new store content.
Trivial UI reshuffles. Item descriptions is not a feature its more like a semi-legal obligation lol

Fixed Deck Arena - use curated decks as a starting-point in PVP
Good little feature that will hopefully help new players however playerbase did the leg work for you on this.

Introduction of Rift Tokens for your rift runs, purchase in bulk (with IP!) at a slight discount.
Good to see you took a suggestion from the player base. Its a trivial and super easily implemented one but its something.

Draft Experience - mouse-over previous card picks for full details and bigger image.
Most trivial and most easily implemented

Assorted performance optimizations
So trivial that not even you bothered to go into any more detail about them

Glaring omissions
- Action log: By far the most important feature to have in the game before a relaunch and hopefully influx of new players. Its a better learning tool by far than the campaign. I would literally scrap the entire campaign to have this super easily implemented feature in the game.
- Anything for veteran players: You haven't added anything to entice old players back to the game to help breath life into the relaunch. No new twists, no new rewards, not even a functional ranked system ready.
-Spectate: Essential feature for hype and learning and growth. Not even a big feature, I mean its a turn based game for goodness sake.
- Auction house: This is like a core feature of the game that you never bothered to add during the closed beta or the open beta or the steam launch or the gold launch or the relaunch. Im tired of seeing IW 'launching' half built.
- Some sort of crafting system: Another core feature given the same treatment as the auction house, coming soonTM aka never at this rate.

Also might add those of us who were around at the time might be getting De Ja Vu right about now. Thinking back to 'Gold Launch' when a bunch of trivial and superficial UI reshuffles where made and the game was 'launched' in a marketing push at the same time as a short list of unambitious promises were made which basically weren't accomplished.

http://forum.lightmare.com.au/index.php?topic=62548.msg119065#msg119065
So for you Infinity Wars aficionados, here's what's going into Infinity Wars 2015:

- Switch to server side architecture (less disconnects, more bot banning)
Didnt happen

- Spectator mode
Didnt happen

- Tournaments!
Didnt happen (moose ran a few adhoc strims, all hail the mighty moose but theres no tournament feature in game yet)

- New campaigns for a few factions
A new quality but tiny campaign added at least its something

- Overseers Themed UI
Didnt happen

- An unannounced feature we wish to pleasantly surprise you with.
Me waiting to be pleasantly surprised > https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/f3/01/02/f30102ddc690f301ab8583664033854a.jpg

As previously mentioned, we have a few minor but vital features we're working on, that will be added into 2014 including:
- Card zooming by hovering
A tiny trivial easy UI feature good job completing it but it shouldn't be in the top 5 'vital features' and biggest achievements of the year lol

- Group selection and movement (ala RTS)
Didnt happen and no one even cares that it didnt #vitalfeature lol

- Free to play decks of the week
Did happen except that the council and playerbase did all the leg work on this one making the decks and Lightmare let the whole system fall out of date with each passing set. So, a generous half point?

- Sideboards
Did happen, good feature

- Best of 3 matches
You weren't kidding anyone this is the same feature as sideboards lol

TLDR: Im tired of IW getting petty UI reworks over and over and call it a brand new game. "Gold Launch" and Infinity Reborn" and other grand titles. Wish instead you'd add the meat and potatoes features.
Goose got me loose!

Offline Rickashay

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2016, 05:11:04 PM »
Im with the Bear on this one, When are we going to get some meat features. Every year or so you guys seem to spend massive amounts of time on reworking the campaign, this is like 3-4 times now. This is NOT what you need to be doing to get the game off the ground. Get us Auction house and spectator mode. Some actual features that were promised years ago. UI fixes should be a given extra with major updates, not the bulk of the update. Also whatever happened to the Foundation set thing that was talked about a long time ago? Was supposed to be a reprint/ sorting out of the really really old core cards.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 05:16:58 PM by Rickashay »

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2016, 05:18:40 PM »
The Bear makes excellent points, but I'm still excited for the relaunch. Perhaps I'm too easily hyped, but I'm always happy to see any kind of progress.

Also note that in the old post Adorabear linked, Coyle mentions further mobile development. While I don't care about the mobile platform, I know that it's important to a number of people. I also know that it'll take a lot of work and that YM is focusing on getting the PC version smoothed out first.
Resident LoreNinja, Tavern-Ninja
Gao Han or Gao Home!
Into the Fray, a novel of Infinity Wars
Weekly Storywriting Stream

Offline MerliniX

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2016, 06:14:10 PM »
I'm with dorby. If i return for relaunch it will be to sell my cards to a bunch of new players.