Greetings folks! This weekly post is going to cover several things - most of which are items you have been wanting to know more about, and the rest are a few additional surprises you didn't know were coming!
Reborn patch 2.0
It is with full readiness that Yodomare can now unveil the release date for the relaunch of Infinity Wars. Barring a lightning strike in the office or the physical manifestation of a tree that grows brownies, the Reborn beta will be arriving on Monday, June 13th on the live server
. It's only a week away! Keep in mind this depends somewhat on your timezone and the exact hour that we come out of server maintenance. For those concerned about a short testing period: we wanted to make sure we could lock in this date before making the external promise to our community. Here is a short list of what's coming in Reborn!
- New login screen, less wait time to log-in.
- A much fuller campaign for multiple factions, with overhauled Campaign Map.
- revamped store experience with complete item descriptions and previews, as well as new store content.
- Fixed Deck Arena - use curated decks as a starting-point in PVP
- Introduction of Rift Tokens for your rift runs, purchase in bulk (with IP!) at a slight discount.
- Draft Experience - mouse-over previous card picks for full details and bigger image.
- Assorted performance optimizations
Waiting a week is still too long? Come try things out on the public test server. This is possible for anyone using the Steam client. Plus, if you come during a mass test - explained at the end of this writing - you will get compensated to help us test the new content! mouse-over the box below for instructions.
The Road Ahead
While this release has several improvements over the old client, we acknowledge that progress should not stop here. For Yodomare, this is a solid foundation upon which we can rapidly add new content and continue to improve the game experience; player feedback included.
I'm pleased to reveal that after relaunch on June 13th, we will continue work in the directions our community has asked for with rolling updates over time. Starting with, but not limited to:
But wait, there's more!
- New Cards
- UI/UX enhancements
- Actual seasons for ranked play with rewards for leaderboard placement
- Trade Interface (Stability as well as feature improvement)
- The return of a mission/quest system
- More campaign content for additional factions
- Multi-queue support for PVP with different decks in each queue.
- Bulk Penta-Pack opening
"Stop it Drew, I'm fainting! Why are you doing this to me?" Because I love you. It's okay, I just have a little more to reveal for now. Here are some more updates, consider them Community Patch Notes.
- Card Design Challenges - I will be making sure these community-run events happen regularly, and that a new judge is appointed in case the existing one becomes absent or otherwise unavailable. Prizes may also be boosted slightly to the top three finishers. Check out the latest Card Design Challenge just released by DrewMB10, it's really interesting!
- Weekly Tournaments will now be listed via Steam Events. Joining the official IW group on Steam will make it so you receive Steam pop-up alerts when our events are starting. Players can now view all our events in the steam calendar, and they will automatically show in your local timezone. Right now we are still using this thread as the main listing for current events, but now we can further remove some of the time zone confusion!
- Mass Testing - a concept I originally learned from EVE Online's developers CCP. I am offering some decent compensation for anyone willing to help us test various features on the test server before Reborn goes live on June 13th! To see what I'm offering and when these tests are, just view our Steam Events and look for listings that say "Mass Test."
- There are a few more updates and surprises coming, too. I will reveal these in the next weekly post, or at random!
If you're still here with me, thanks for being patient and reading all about our latest community update. You now have permission to hunt me down in PVP matchmaking and strike me down with morale attrition, an FD rush, or your nearest copy of Coyle Mechborn. Heh, just kidding - bring it on.
It is 6:30 am for me.. time for bed. Stay tuned for more updates!
Community Manager for Infinity Wars