Author Topic: Weekly Post #16: IW Reborn 2.0 reveal, and ALL the things. Seriously.  (Read 8820 times)

Offline DrewUniverse

• View Profile
Greetings folks! This weekly post is going to cover several things - most of which are items you have been wanting to know more about, and the rest are a few additional surprises you didn't know were coming!

Reborn patch 2.0

It is with full readiness that Yodomare can now unveil the release date for the relaunch of Infinity Wars. Barring a lightning strike in the office or the physical manifestation of a tree that grows brownies, the Reborn beta will be arriving on Monday, June 13th on the live server. It's only a week away! Keep in mind this depends somewhat on your timezone and the exact hour that we come out of server maintenance.  For those concerned about a short testing period: we wanted to make sure we could lock in this date before making the external promise to our community. Here is a short list of what's coming in Reborn!
  • New login screen, less wait time to log-in.
  • A much fuller campaign for multiple factions, with overhauled Campaign Map.
  • revamped store experience with complete item descriptions and previews, as well as new store content.
  • Fixed Deck Arena - use curated decks as a starting-point in PVP
  • Introduction of Rift Tokens for your rift runs, purchase in bulk (with IP!) at a slight discount.
  • Draft Experience - mouse-over previous card picks for full details and bigger image.
  • Assorted performance optimizations

Test server

Waiting a week is still too long? Come try things out on the public test server. This is possible for anyone using the Steam client. Plus, if you come during a mass test - explained at the end of this writing - you will get compensated to help us test the new content! mouse-over the box below for instructions.

The Road Ahead

While this release has several improvements over the old client, we acknowledge that progress should not stop here. For Yodomare, this is a solid foundation upon which we can rapidly add new content and continue to improve the game experience; player feedback included.

I'm pleased to reveal that after relaunch on June 13th, we will continue work in the directions our community has asked for with rolling updates over time. Starting with, but not limited to:

• New Cards
  • UI/UX enhancements
  • Actual seasons for ranked play with rewards for leaderboard placement
  • Trade Interface (Stability as well as feature improvement)
  • The return of a mission/quest system
  • More campaign content for additional factions
  • Multi-queue support for PVP with different decks in each queue.
  • Bulk Penta-Pack opening

But wait, there's more!

"Stop it Drew, I'm fainting! Why are you doing this to me?" Because I love you. It's okay, I just have a little more to reveal for now. Here are some more updates, consider them Community Patch Notes.

• Card Design Challenges - I will be making sure these community-run events happen regularly, and that a new judge is appointed in case the existing one becomes absent or otherwise unavailable. Prizes may also be boosted slightly to the top three finishers. Check out the latest Card Design Challenge just released by DrewMB10, it's really interesting!
  • Weekly Tournaments will now be listed via Steam Events. Joining the official IW group on Steam will make it so you receive Steam pop-up alerts when our events are starting. Players can now view all our events in the steam calendar, and they will automatically show in your local timezone. Right now we are still using this thread as the main listing for current events, but now we can further remove some of the time zone confusion!
  • Mass Testing - a concept I originally learned from EVE Online's developers CCP. I am offering some decent compensation for anyone willing to help us test various features on the test server before Reborn goes live on June 13th! To see what I'm offering and when these tests are, just view our Steam Events and look for listings that say "Mass Test."
  • There are a few more updates and surprises coming, too. I will reveal these in the next weekly post, or at random!

If you're still here with me, thanks for being patient and reading all about our latest community update. You now have permission to hunt me down in PVP matchmaking and strike me down with morale attrition, an FD rush, or your nearest copy of Coyle Mechborn. Heh, just kidding - bring it on.

It is 6:30 am for me.. time for bed. Stay tuned for more updates!

DrewUniverse
Community Manager for Infinity Wars

« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 04:24:59 PM by DrewUniverse »

Offline Pelagoth

• Sock Puppet
    • View Profile
Re: Weekly Post #16: Relaunch Update,
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2016, 11:30:03 AM »
First. Suck it

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
Woot!
Resident LoreNinja, Tavern-Ninja
Gao Han or Gao Home!
Into the Fray, a novel of Infinity Wars
Weekly Storywriting Stream

Offline drewmb10

• View Profile
Stop it Drew, I'm fainting! Why are you doing this to me?

Offline Trevinburgh

• View Profile
    • IWgamewiki
Great news. Any heads up on what sort of marketing support the relaunch will be getting?

Offline Crestmoor

• Infinity Wars Staff
    • View Profile
Great news. Any heads up on what sort of marketing support the relaunch will be getting?

We've got quite a bit of marketing lined up starting from launch day and then ramping up over a 6-8 week period.  Unfortunately, many of these things we can't talk about until they actually happen due to commercial arrangements but you should see some marketing start from launch date and likely ramping into full momentum in July as we prepare to release a new block of cards.

DrewUniverse and myself will also be calling on the community to help us propagate the good word of Infinity Wars Reborn shortly after launch and we'll be putting together specific "Cries for Help" to you all to get the news of IW Reborn plastered all over the place. :P

Hey wait, did I say new cards were coming? Sshhhh... >_<
Crestmoor the Omnimind
-----------------------------
Draft deck with Omnimind, Lanstead and War Machine = A can of WhoopAss for all occasions

Offline ToxicShadow

• View Profile
Sounds great, looking forward to the relaunch.

Sadly I am unable to participate in the beta test event though. It collides with the schedule of the matches of the european football championship that I wanna see. You know, we Europeans and our love for football (or soccer if you prefer).

Offline JHOW4864

• View Profile
Finally some news which i can hold out some sort of hope for...new cards will finally be released!!! Actual ranked seasons is obviously a good thing also. I also said that the UI needs a complete overhaul to a friend who is a top 10 player, (or at least was not long ago,) he didn't agree or disagree but i think hes one of those people who wouldn't say a bad word about this game, but lets be honest it looks badly outdated compared to pretty much every tcg/ccg out there. I'm still not completely convinced but we will see when we get there, I'm pretty hard to please especially when I'm already moody.

Offline Adorabear

• View Profile
Reborn beta will be arriving on Monday, June 13th on the live server. It's only a week away!

Just so you know its only 4 days away not a week :P
Goose got me loose!

Offline DrewUniverse

• View Profile
Just so you know its only 4 days away not a week :P

From the time of my post, we go live in 5+ days if you want to talk specifics. Just so you know~
Good effort!

Stop it Drew, I'm fainting! Why are you doing this to me?

That's community, right there.

Offline largenuggets [BoD]

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Weekly Post #16: IW Reborn 2.0 reveal, and ALL the things. Seriously.
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2016, 03:52:58 PM »
Lots of great news!!! Idk how i feel about the steam group thing for tournaments tho, seems like a nice way to bring the community together but don't forget that there is a decent sized group of the community that doesn't use steam and just uses the standalone client. Will you keep the forum post updated as well for those people?

Offline DrewUniverse

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2016, 04:11:38 PM »
Quote from: largenuggets
BoD link=topic=66169.msg161322#msg161322 date=1465401178
Lots of great news!!! Idk how i feel about the steam group thing for tournaments tho, seems like a nice way to bring the community together but don't forget that there is a decent sized group of the community that doesn't use steam and just uses the standalone client. Will you keep the forum post updated as well for those people?

The answer is in my original post:

we are still using this thread as the main listing for current events, but now we can further remove some of the time zone confusion!

It's a free opt-in for people who want better time-zone conversion and/or alerts when events happen; I have lots of experience with the system and it works very well. Long story short, standalone client users are still welcome and will not be sidelined in favor of Steam users - I think you just misread the message. We're simply expanding our service quality at no significant cost.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 04:14:12 PM by DrewUniverse »

Offline largenuggets [BoD]

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2016, 04:12:36 PM »
Oh awesome!!! sorry I missed that, in that case I think it's great :D awesome work as always drew :)

Offline PeliKan

• I'm a Warrior with a Pencil.
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2016, 05:15:27 PM »
It is time when Pelikan return :D

Offline SuicideMaster

• Translator
    • View Profile
    • Group about Infinity Wars in Vkontakte
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2016, 06:00:22 PM »
Whats up with translation? Can you update google table for further translation?
https://vk.com/infinitywarstcg - группа Infinity Wars в контакте (Infinity Wars community in Vkontakte)
www.TCGO.ru – русскоязычный сайт об Infinity Wars и других цифровых ККИ (Russian site about Infinity Wars and other digital TCGs).