Author Topic: [Card Design Challenge] - United [Challenge over]  (Read 4449 times)

Offline Nephilim

• View Profile
Re: [Card Design Challenge] - United
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2016, 02:34:15 AM »
Necromus, Reaper of Solace
1 OoS and SoA
cost 7
morale 15
Unique Character - Angel Undead
Flying, Infect
whenever a creature dies, if Necromus, Reaper of Solace is deployed, at the end of the turn return it to your support zone exhausted and it becomes undead in addition to its other types
6/6

"Necromus was once a scientist for Solace, but when his request to study the virus of Avarrach was denied by Sol he knew he had to take it in his own hands.  Without the consent of Solace the only way to test the virus was to contain it in his own body, and his work has now born much fruit"

Offline JustARat

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2016, 11:49:05 PM »
Demonic Monk - this is a demon that was captured by the Descendants of the Dragon. Most Demons so taken are slowly driven even more insane by a philosophy so counter to their own. A very small number find inspiration in the monks' staid approach to life and emphasis on patience and honor. Those Demons war against their natures to try to embrace the ways of the Descendants of the Dragon.
Purity: 1p DoD + 1p Ex
Character – Meditating Demon
Cost: 3
Morale: 5
Power: 9
Health: 7
Consume 1. If Demonic Monk ends the round in your support zone, it gains -1/+1.
“The purity of spirit the Descendants of the Dragon espouse overcame the corruption of this Demon’s soul… mostly.” – Yuanshi, Sage of Ferocity

Edited to remove additional entries -apologies.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 01:31:01 AM by JustARat »

Offline drewmb10

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2016, 12:10:37 AM »
Purifying Robot – A remnant from when Genesis Industries worked with the Flame Dawn, these robots break their prey down into energy which is then beamed to their allies.
Purity: 1p FD + 1p GI
Character – Artificial
Cost: 6
Morale: 8
Power: 10
Health: 10
Copy: When Purifying Android kills another character, that character is removed from the game and all other characters you control gain +1/+1.
“The fire they use to destroy their enemies burns at the atomic level.” – a cackling scientist.

Shocktrooper of the Ascended – another creature that was created when the three factions were aligned against the Sleepers, this was Genesis Industries and the Overseers of Solace’s attempt to create their own soldiers that were as infinite as the undead. These artificial soldiers use the bits they rip from opponents’ fortresses, nanotech and divine energies to replicate themselves.
Purity: 1p OS + 1p GI
Character – Unlimited Artificial
Cost: 1
Morale: 3
Power: 2
Health: 2
If Shocktrooper of the Ascended damages opponent’s fortress, it creates a 2/2 Shocktrooper of the Ascended in its controller’s Assault Zone at the end of the round.
“We must meet the undead with our own indefatigable troops.” – Tyra, Burden of War

Demonic Monk - this is a demon that was captured by the Descendants of the Dragon. Most Demons so taken are slowly driven even more insane by a philosophy so counter to their own. A very small number find inspiration in the monks' staid approach to life and emphasis on patience and honor. Those Demons war against their natures to try to embrace the ways of the Descendants of the Dragon.
Purity: 1p DoD + 1p Ex
Character – Meditating Demon
Morale: 5
Power: 9
Health: 7
Consume 1. If Demonic Monk ends the round in your support zone, it gains -1/+1.
“The purity of spirit the Descendants of the Dragon espouse overcame the corruption of this Demon’s soul… mostly.” – Yuanshi, Sage of Ferocity

Just one entry per person, please.

Offline Drarz

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2016, 04:01:16 AM »
Tormented Monk

1 DoD/ 1 CoV
Character -- Human
Cost:4
Morale:2
Power:0
Health:4

Untouchable. While deployed, Tormented Monk must be in the Support Zone, at the end of each turn all players lose as much morale as the number of characters in their respective graveyards.

"And from the wall rose a dirge and all who heard were dismayed"

Offline Onyx

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2016, 02:21:37 PM »
Cyborg Assault Unit
1 GI / 1 FD
Character - Human Artificial
Uncommon
Morale: 6
Stats: 7/5

Charge.

Countless Flame Dawn Soldiers died fighting enormous beasts of the Warpath and later the relentless undead. Though numerous, Flame Dawn army was not unlimited and the unending flow of wounded and crippled soldiers heavily encumbered the empire.
Aberion sought a solution to bring those soldiers back to the fight. Genesis delivered.

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2016, 02:59:44 PM »
Tormented Monk

1 DoD/ 1 CoV
Character -- Human

Untouchable. While deployed, Tormented Monk must be in the Support Zone, at the end of each turn all players lose as much morale as the number of characters in their respective graveyards.

Fell Bard
Doom Sayer
Nightsinger
Grave Singer?
Night Whisper
Dire Monk
Death Chanter

« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 03:08:18 PM by Hiding »

Offline Drarz

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2016, 04:39:02 PM »
Tormented Monk

1 DoD/ 1 CoV
Character -- Human

Fell Bard
Doom Sayer
Nightsinger
Grave Singer?
Night Whisper
Dire Monk
Death Chanter

I like those names, "Fell Crier" was one I considered. But Tormented Monk fits with the naming of other DoD hybrids. Also, the name can be understood in two ways: a monk mourning or a monk tortured.

I have absolutely no idea how to cost it because it is so dangerous to person playing it. I just wanted a card that flipped the focus of the game.

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2016, 04:44:09 PM »
Tormented Monk

1 DoD/ 1 CoV
Character -- Human

Fell Bard
Doom Sayer
Nightsinger
Grave Singer?
Night Whisper
Dire Monk
Death Chanter

I like those names, "Fell Crier" was one I considered. But Tormented Monk fits with the naming of other DoD hybrids. Also, the name can be understood in two ways: a monk mourning or a monk tortured.

I have absolutely no idea how to cost it because it is so dangerous to person playing it. I just wanted a card that flipped the focus of the game.

Tbh the other hybrid names arent the best I feel a name should generally tell a story or add to the lore of the character. Fell Crier sounds cool too.

Offline Popcornguy13

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2016, 06:09:55 PM »
Fallen Angel - 1 Purity Overseers + 1 Purity Cult of Verore
4 Cost
4 Morale
Character - Angel
Flying
Your Overseer and Cult of Verore Ability cards cost one less resource to play, to a minimum of 1.
At the beginning of your turn, sacrifice a character.

The taste of unholy power is enough to corrupt the pious into seeking more.

4/4

Offline Klassick

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2016, 02:22:36 PM »
Just to say that I edited my card!

GL everybody! I am loving the ideas here!

Offline zyrath

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2016, 01:16:16 PM »
Name: Lilariah the corrupted
Purity Requirement: 1p SoA / 1p OOS
Resource Cost: 4
Morale Cost: 12
Rarity:Epic
Type: Character card
Supertype: Unique
Sub-type: Undead
Power / Health: 7/ 9

Ability Text: Pay 2, Remove a character from graveyard and Give target character flying or infect.This ability can only be used twice per turn

Flavor: "Even though the overseers subdued the virus, it was not without loss"

card idea= To provide sleepers with something to counter the flying troops they are so useless against but at the same time not making them OP by crippling their main strength that is "Graveyard Revival" and the infect makes the card useful even against non flyer oriented decks

Offline ToxicShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2016, 01:46:28 PM »
This contest will close June 19th at 11:59 IWT.

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2016, 03:51:05 PM »
This contest will close June 19th at 11:59 IWT.
Ohwoops gotta check my dates

Offline SynthMinus

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2016, 04:23:49 PM »
A quick diplomatic breakdown:
FD--At War with: GI. Previously At War With: WP, SoA
GI--At War with: FD, OS. Previously At War with: WP, SoA
SoA--PAW: Everybody
WP--AW: OS PAW: SoA, GI, FD
DoD--AW: Exiles, CoV. PAW: SoA. Strained relations with OS
CoV--AW: themselves, Exiles, DoD, OS. PAW: SoA
Exiles: AW: CoV, themselves-ish, DoD, OS. PAW: SoA
OS: AW: WP, GI, CoV, Exiles. PAW: SoA. Strained relations with DoD

For a faction obsessed with war, I find it ironic that FD has waged the least number of wars against other factions.

Offline aldwin160

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2016, 05:33:16 PM »
Here's my idea. i hope i can put this card on my FD-GI deck :D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name : Versa, the War Technician.
Requirement : |2 Flame Dawn | 1 Genesis Industry |
Resource Cost : 6
Moral Cost : 12
Rarity : Epic
Type : Human
Supertype : Unique
Subtype : -

Power/Health : 8/8
Keyword Ability : Charge
Ability Text : When this character is deployed, character(s) adjacent to this card gain +5/+5 and "flying".

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Flavor :  Born with burning blood of Flame Dawn man and genius brain of Mechanic woman makes her a tremendous help in the battlefield.
edit : increase the cost so it can only be played later.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 02:22:01 AM by aldwin160 »